+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Queenb, I think we must be related as what you consider fun, I do too!!!! Especially those amusement park rides. Bring on the rollercoasters!

I also like to scrapbook and do crafts for fun. And when I'm in the mood, cooking can be fun.

Exploring our new state has been fun.

Going to concerts, plays and stuff. Mostly the free stuff around town that will be starting this month.

I enjoy hanging out with friends, going to see our friends band play.

Reading is fun to me. So is doing research on stuff I'm interested in.

I think fun is whatever you like to do. It doesn't have to be traditionally "fun" type activities, but anything you really enjoy doing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Fun . . . I think that I remember fun . . .

For fun, I go to dog shows (just a couple a year since I don't have anyone to show), operas (about 4-5 a year), and my piano lessons (fun, but frustrating some times. If God had meant for me to play the piano, he would have given me 88 fingers.)
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

What a great thought! I took piano when I was young, but that would give me something to practice and enjoy! Czerny exercises!

Fun - let's see - I enjoy watching my son's lacrosse team. Not because they're good - they're not. But he really has a great time playing. I enjoy reading, doing Scout stuff. Pretty much anything that's not work!

great car, Unk!

QueenB that is what I look like when around my sisters. We have such a great time when we get together.

For fun...reading, taking walks with my babys (the dogs), and doing stuff with my kids.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

The top of my list for fun would be fishing . . . or just about anything on the water. This past weekend we went canoeing down one of the bayous here - it goes through a nature preserve - and we saw two alligators sunning on the shore about 3 feet from us. I was a little nervous until we got past them since we had our Min-Pin in our canoe and I didn't want the gators to think that he looked like a tasty little snack! I also love to get together with friends and just be silly and laugh . . . a good bottle of wine makes it even more fun! Oh, and traveling - just about anywhere. I love going new places and discovering new things . . . that is always fun. We don't get to do it as often as I would like, but since Mr. C and I both work from home and therefore we can basically go anywhere that has an internet connection and work, we are planning to do a lot more traveling now - especially since we are recent empty-nesters and still relatively young (Mr. C is 39 and I'm 44). Now, if we could just take the fishing boat with us wherever we go - that would be heaven!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

ah, forgot to tell all of you about my pub crawl on Saturday.

It was another fraternity, started at 5:30 pm. Picked them up and took to the country club for dinner, then out to various bars. Guess who was their guests? Yup, that is right. Their mothers! Apparently the big trend here is to take your mum out drinking. lol. I heard the guys talking before the moms showed up to "make sure you dance nice-not nasty"
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

For fun, I sing with several of my friends, and we go around town discovering local shops and sights/events that we did not know existed. We went to a department store and tried on every hat in the store....that was a total blast!! We were laughing so hard for so long that it's a wonder we weren't asked to leave!! I'm also a huge fan of reading (which I have not done enough of recently), and crossword puzzles.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't currently have a lot of time for "fun" right now. So my version of fun is things like having time to surf the net, spending time with family, enjoying my freedom from school. It will be short lasted. Classes start mid-May and go till the end of July before I have the month of August off. There's lots of things that I have to do between now and the end of July. My fun will be doing NOTHING in August!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2917874;
    I don't currently have a lot of time for "fun" right now. So my version of fun is things like having time to surf the net, spending time with family, enjoying my freedom from school. It will be short lasted. Classes start mid-May and go till the end of July before I have the month of August off. There's lots of things that I have to do between now and the end of July. My fun will be doing NOTHING in August!
    Sometimes doing nothing is the best fun of all.

Love hearing what everyone likes to do for fun.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread