+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6998Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2906273;
    My employees try that at work. Notice I said try.
    She tried pulling it today and I said NO WAY, it's NOT your birthday and she had the nerve to tell me that as long as there is still birthday cake left, it's her birthday.
    I acted like I was going to toss the leftover cake in the trash and she almost had a cow!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2907200;
    She tried pulling it today and I said NO WAY, it's NOT your birthday and she had the nerve to tell me that as long as there is still birthday cake left, it's her birthday.
    I acted like I was going to toss the leftover cake in the trash and she almost had a cow!
    Well, points for trying!
    Some union contracts have it written in that the worker gets his/her birthday off - I'm guessing not at Unklescott's workplace!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Last year my coworkers all forgot it was my birthday. Everyone remembered a week beforehand, but not on the day of. I didn't remind them, because I can't stand the "Happy Birthday" song or being the center of attention, so I got out of that one. I work up in our corporate office now, and as far as I can tell, the receptionist is really good about remembering birthdays, so I don't think that'll happen again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2907200;
    Oh, I LOVE that! I'm gonna try to pull that one on my hubby when it's my birthday. (Actually, that so darn funny and clever that I'll probably break down and tell hubby about it, and then he'll use it on me -- not for getting out of doing stuff, but for extra presents or treats or "bo-dee-oh-do" -- for his birthday later this month!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2907928;
    Oh, I LOVE that! I'm gonna try to pull that one on my hubby when it's my birthday. (Actually, that so darn funny and clever that I'll probably break down and tell hubby about it, and then he'll use it on me -- not for getting out of doing stuff, but for extra presents or treats or "bo-dee-oh-do" -- for his birthday later this month!)
    I actually thought it was pretty clever too and was going to use that next month on my birthday.

I did once have a 3 day birthday when I turned 40. It was great. We called it Claudiapalooza (my name is Claudia) and it was just fantastic. Nothing like celebrating all weekend long with friends and family.

How funny about the birthday stuff. It's a running joke around my house that I don't have a birthday, I have a birthday month! And, since my birthday is on March 30th, I use the line "It's my birthday month" all month long! Of course, it's all pretty tongue-in-cheek as nothing is really different in terms of not having to do anything, but there are times when it comes in handy, like when we can't agree on where to go for dinner, well, then I get to pick because it's my birthday month! Or, if I decide I want chocolate chip cookies for no reason at all, it's o.k. because it's my birthday month! My theory is that life is short, party and enjoy every second - birthday months for everyone!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2908340;
    How funny about the birthday stuff. It's a running joke around my house that I don't have a birthday, I have a birthday month! And, since my birthday is on March 30th, I use the line "It's my birthday month" all month long! Of course, it's all pretty tongue-in-cheek as nothing is really different in terms of not having to do anything, but there are times when it comes in handy, like when we can't agree on where to go for dinner, well, then I get to pick because it's my birthday month! Or, if I decide I want chocolate chip cookies for no reason at all, it's o.k. because it's my birthday month! My theory is that life is short, party and enjoy every second - birthday months for everyone!
    I wholeheartedly agree!!!!

And I am one of those that no matter how old I get, I LOVE my birthday. It's the one day that is MINE and I think everyone should have one day that is THEIRS and they get treated like Queen or King for a day.

Did you know that Mt. St. Helen's erupted on my 18th birthday??? (this is a running joke in my family because I apparantly say that anytime Mt. St. Helen's is mentioned) and when I got to visit MSH 2 years ago, I sent a postcard from there home that said: "did you know this erupted on my 18th birthday?". The family was not AS amused as I was by it.

I get a birthday week - I always used to save a day of vacation for my birthday - it just makes it special. My first job - you got your birthday off and I like that feeling.

Now we have the motorcycle and head down to Orlando/Daytona every year for Bike Week in Daytona. Isn't it nice how that have that HUGE party just for MY birthday?
    but it is nice, my birthday is usually in the first few days of our vacation and I get to pick what to do that day, even if I decide I don't want to do a darn thing!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2908357;
    I get a birthday week - I always used to save a day of vacation for my birthday - it just makes it special. My first job - you got your birthday off and I like that feeling.

Now we have the motorcycle and head down to Orlando/Daytona every year for Bike Week in Daytona. Isn't it nice how that have that HUGE party just for MY birthday?
    but it is nice, my birthday is usually in the first few days of our vacation and I get to pick what to do that day, even if I decide I don't want to do a darn thing!
    How nice of Daytona to throw you such a nice party!

My grandfather's birthday was June 14 which is Flag Day and he used to say how wonderful it was to have everyone put the flag out for his birthday.

I was served urinal cake for my last birthday
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread