+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 2322 FirstFirst ... 327273747576777879808182838485868788899091921321825821082 ... LastLast
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Isn't that bad? I filled up Thursday for $2.65.

Well, unk, of course it's bad! I was just trying to make myself feel better

myrosiedog Hey, just checking to see how your daughter is doing in Cookie Cutterville School? Hope she's happily stirring things up.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

We filled up Saturday for 2.76. Down to 2.72 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    ...we have a tree guy outside right now cutting up the dead branches and three palm trees that were in the way of the power lines. ....BTW we tried to get several out here to do it but they wanted $1,000 ...
    Tree cutting is expensive. Two years ago I had one big branch taken off one tree and another one topped and it was a bit over $500. That's why I'm trying to do as much as I can myself. I have 11 trees on my property.

Quote Originally Posted by vonna
    ..My other house looks like a haunted house right now..
    Your other house? How many do you have?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    UNK, MUDUH why is it so cheap there and we are being californicated here in Nevada, gas is still 3.09 for the 87 octane and I nedd the $3.19 for the 89 octane to make my 400 foot climb each day to get home for work. Reno is 4400 feet up and I live 4800 feet up

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post

Well today we graduated up to a chainsaw and the double extended ladder. And my BIL to help out. We had a couple of huge branches to get down. A lot of work but safer in the long run. My squirrel will not be impressed. A major skyward artery is completely goners.

I've been looking up doing this for so many days now, I feel like Haley Joe Osmett.....Everywhere I look, I see dead branches.
    The 2nd day we were here, the postman left a note in the mailbox that said we needed to trim the branches of the tree over the mailbox. Well hello??? you can SEE the moving truck and the carport full of boxes and stuff. Do you think we even KNOW where the saw or clippers are at this point? The branch is tiny and doesn't even hang down that low. So far we haven't trimmed it as all we have been able to locate is the weedeater. I guess I could probably go out and break the darn thing off. I mean, give us a break, we couldn't even eat in our own kitchen and you want us to do yard work the 2nd day. Geez.
    Last edited by MRD; 08-22-2006 at 09:53 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post

Your other house? How many do you have?
    I have the victorian rennovation project house....not suitable for cockroaches to live in at this stage....I've been gutting it for two years......spent the first two years hauling of the piles of trash inside and outside the house......It was a foreclosure house I bought on auction.....and then the house we live in... Hopefully we will get to start working on it this fall and spring....the cost of rennovating has gone up drastically since I bought the house.

11 trees??? Wow bet that's beautiful !
    Last edited by Vonna; 08-22-2006 at 09:51 AM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

MRD
    School seems to be going better. Her schedule got changed so that helped, but she has gravitated to the other "individuals" and I hate to see her get pigeonholed into a group. In Florida she had friends from all the different "cliques", but here I'm afraid she's going to be seen as belonging to one group only.

I think she would adjust better if her friends quit calling every night. I'm going to have to put a limit on the phone for a while I think.

My best friend was calling me 2 times a day and going on and on about how much she missed me. I finally stopped answering the phone everytime she called. I miss her too, but hearing that and getting all emotional about it isn't helping me adjust so I think I need to limit my daughter's contact with friends back in Florida for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post

I think she would adjust better if her friends quit calling every night. I'm going to have to put a limit on the phone for a while I think.

My best friend was calling me 2 times a day and going on and on about how much she missed me. I finally stopped answering the phone everytime she called. I miss her too, but hearing that and getting all emotional about it isn't helping me adjust so I think I need to limit my daughter's contact with friends back in Florida for a bit.
    Rosie, I had a friend that dropped out of college because her family called every night telling her how much they missed her. They'd sometimes call multiple times a day, passing the phone around to her mom, dad, brother, etc. She'd be sobbing every time she got off the phone. Sure enough, she quit and went home about five days into school. So you might be onto the right idea about limiting her exposure to old friends until she has had a chance to adjust.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Lucky. I got excited driving to work the other day cause I saw a gas station where it was $3.09. Which is cheap out here right now.
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

MRD
    Today's kodak moment:

Me running down the street in my pajamas with a garbage bag in each hand chasing the garbage truck down.

The way they do garbage here is so screwed up. Everyone chooses their own company, so you can have 3 different companies picking up on the same street. I chose waste management and they have not delivered our can yet, but told me to put the bags by the curb and they'd pick them up this morning. So the truck drives right by both the bags. I was livid. I have enough with the boxes that I can't wait another week for garbage pickup. So he stopped at the house just around the corner and I grabbed the bags and RAN after him yelling: WAIT!!! STOP!!! He did and took my garbage and apologized profusely for missing me and said that he will make sure he stops next week even if we dont' have a can. Wow, even the garbage men are nice here! LOL

I'm sure the neighbors are really wondering now tho after that spectacle!

+ Reply to Thread