+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2904485;
    I looked for a ped egg in wally world and couldn't find one. ..maybe for mother's day I'll get one.
    I went to Linens N Things a week ago Sunday and they had a slew of them hanging up on display down by the personal care/body care items, but they also had them at all the checkouts.

I even used my 20% coupon from the Sunday circular and paid a total of $8.55 or something silly like that.

As soon as I got home I took off my shoes and socks and went at it. Then I slathered on Vaseline and put on a pair of socks. Slept with the socks that night and they still, over a week later, feel wonderful!

The next day my 24-year-old daughter stopped over and I told her about it. She laughed and said she has seen the commercials for it. Then she said she wanted to try out those foot pads that one puts on the bottom of their feet at night supposedly to rid the body of toxins. In the morning these things are supposed to look really dirty. I told her that I read somewhere that they were a scam, but the Ped-Egg was definitely worth it!

I think I will get her one for her birthday.

Like prhoshay stated "I so love pampering myself!"

After reading all of your recommendations for the PedEgg, I decided to get one as well. I got mine at Walgreen's for $9.95 and I LOVE that thing. I'm ready for sandal weather!

My college roomate sent me the following email yesterday and I thought it was hilarious and also relevant for all of us in the FORT PedEgg club.

*Disclaimer: Those feet in the picture are NOT mine!

Spring/Summer Foot Pledge

As a member of the Cute Girl Sisterhood, I pledge to follow the Rules
    when wear sandals and other open-toe shoes:

I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over
    and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides
    and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.

I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free.
    I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.

I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.

I will shave the hairs off my big toe.

I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker,
    mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.

I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell
    and begin to look like Vienna sausages.

I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she
    asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that
    her toes are as long as my fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet look
    good.

I will promise if I wear flip flops that I will ensure that they actually flip
    and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT
    to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.

I will promise to go my local nail salon at least once per season and
    have a real pedicure (they are about $20 and worth EVERY penny).

I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs
    of wear... nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals.

Don't keep this to yourself - pass it on to other sisters.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Its amazing about the power of persuasion...even on a reality message board!

I've also went and purchased a Ped-Egg after reading everyone's wonderful praises here. Just like MamaC, I went to Linens & Things and bought mine with my 20% off coupon too!!!

I hate to say but I've been so swamped with work (and "stuff") that I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I'm looking forward to singing its praises to my fellow FORTers and passing on the subliminal message that you HAVE to buy one!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

So yesterday was my daughter's 17 birthday. We had a nice day except for when Dad called. It got her really upset that he wasn't here for her birthday (first time ever) and he also said he has to go to Houston for 2 weeks. The traveling thing was originally supposed to be 2 weeks travel, one week home. It's not working out like that.

Anyway, she got really down about it after talking to him because she misses him so much, but then perked up later. I did finall get tired to her answer to everything yesterday was: "It's my birthday". I'd ask her to put water in the dog bowl: "It's my brithday" meaning, I don't have to do anything today. It actually got quite funny as it went on and everyone just laughed.

We had tickets to see Spamalot and we got all dressed up to go which was fun. We had a great time. She got a t-shirt there. She also got several gift cards from friends and family yesterday, so she was happy.

She wanted Fried green tomatos for dinner and we had that and some more healthy pasta with veggies. And Chocolate mayonnaise cake. So all in all her birthday was a nice one and Spamalot was split your sides funny.
    What was even funnier is half our row left at intermission and didn't come back. I am guessing that they were offended?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2905479;
    So yesterday was my daughter's 17 birthday. We had a nice day except for when Dad called. It got her really upset that he wasn't here for her birthday (first time ever) and he also said he has to go to Houston for 2 weeks. The traveling thing was originally supposed to be 2 weeks travel, one week home. It's not working out like that.
    Glad to hear that she had an overall good day even if Dad's phone call upset. If she dwells on it, remind her how fortunate that he was there for the first 16.

My dad traveled a lot when we three girls were growing up and missed many birthdays. Years later, my oldest sister was married and living half a continent away when business took him to her city on her birthday. He took her and her husband out to dinner and they got quite a chuckle about him still traveling on her birthday, but this time traveling to her!!!

MRD, I am so glad that you have humor about a birthday meaning you don't have to do anything. Why don't you try that on your birthday and see how far it goes? I think it would be pretty funny. I hope your hubby's travels bring him home soon.

Veej, I love the sense of humor!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2905479;

Anyway, she got really down about it after talking to him because she misses him so much, but then perked up later. I did finall get tired to her answer to everything yesterday was: "It's my birthday". I'd ask her to put water in the dog bowl: "It's my brithday" meaning, I don't have to do anything today. It actually got quite funny as it went on and everyone just laughed.

We had tickets to see Spamalot and we got all dressed up to go which was fun. We had a great time. She got a t-shirt there. She also got several gift cards from friends and family yesterday, so she was happy.

She wanted Fried green tomatos for dinner and we had that and some more healthy pasta with veggies. And Chocolate mayonnaise cake. So all in all her birthday was a nice one and Spamalot was split your sides funny.
    What was even funnier is half our row left at intermission and didn't come back. I am guessing that they were offended?

But Did You Let Her Use Your Ped Egg???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Yeah, I'm planning on using that "It's my birthday" phrase on MY upcoming birthday as an excuse not to have to do anything. We'll see how THAT works, I'm thinking it won't work all that well.

No, she can't use my ped egg. She has to get her own!

She did get over missing her dad-how can you not at Spamalot?? . She and her dad are very, very close and I know it upset him as much as her for him to not be home for her birthday. We do have plans to do something as a family this coming weekend, but its "not her birthday" so it won't be the same she says. Oh well.

Thanks all. I know I've whined a lot about his traveling. But honestly, in all these years and years of marriage and parenthood, he's never had to travel and our whole apple cart is upset. It's a real adjustment to make for all of us. And I know it's hard on him as well.
    I'm sure we'll get through it and adjust. Thanks for bearing with me while we do adjust.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm sorry your hubby isn't home mrd. I don't know what I'd do if mr buglover had to travel more than the once a year he does travel.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2906229;
    Yeah, I'm planning on using that "It's my birthday" phrase on MY upcoming birthday as an excuse not to have to do anything. We'll see how THAT works, I'm thinking it won't work all that well.
    My employees try that at work. Notice I said try.

+ Reply to Thread