+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6182Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

OK - Here is why I am DEATHLY afraid of spiders. One summer while we were up at the lake, my sister, grandmother and I were walking down a gravel road - I was maybe 7 or 8 at the time - and up ahead of us in the road was a tarantula. My grandmother - always one to protect "her girls" - decides that she can take on this tarantula and win so that we can safely pass. She goes of to the side of the road and picks up a pretty hefty looking branch - more like a small log. She goes over to the tarantula and hits it - intending to kill it of course. What she didn't know was that the branch/log she had picked up was completely dry or rotted, and when she hit the tarantula it simply crumbled, leaving a very alive - and a very ticked off spider. It proceeded to chase my grandmother in a circle for what seemed like an eternity to my young mind - I just knew that she was a goner. Eventually my grandmother shot to the side of the road and picked up another non-rotted stick and beat it to death. But the memory of seeing my grandmother chased in a circle by this tarantula and fearing for her life (hey, I was just a kid!) continues to haunt me to this day, and if I see even the most miniscule spider - in real life or on TV - I completely freak out!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Wow chrelsey that would have scared the life out of me too!! Tarantulas are the ugliest/biggest spiders but they really are very scared of people. I don't really care though because if I ever see one I'll beat it with a stick too!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used my Ped Egg this afternoon, and slathered on the shea butter and socks. My feet are all soft and tingly and happy! This thing continues to amaze me. Nice, nice, nice. Now I want to try a minty lotion on my feet after I use it. I so love pampering myself!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sure, rub it in why don't you prhoshay! I still haven't purchased my Ped Egg yet! I was just thinking this morning my feet need a good scraping!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2903907;
    . . . I still haven't purchased my Ped Egg yet! . . .
    Me neither -- but getting a PedEgg on my "to do" list for next week. (no client next week for my morning program due to a cancellation AND my '07 taxes -- what with Schedules C and ES -- are finally done!) And now that we're having consistent sandal weather, dammit! I want smooth feet!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

for those of us who need to go get our Ped Eggs!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2903924;
    . . . AND my '07 taxes -- what with Schedules C and ES -- are finally done! . . .
    Oops! Make that "Schedules C and SE." Yikes, it's been a crazy week. (Is it Friday yet?)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I looked for a ped egg in wally world and couldn't find one. ..maybe for mother's day I'll get one.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2900649;

I would rather find a bush in the woods to go behind than to use a portapotty or latrine or outhouse.
    Actually, that's what I usually do, unless the place is too public! : blush I've had a laugh at quite a few people who show up at 'primitive' campgrounds and the want to know where the potty is.
    Actually, a well vented outhouse type facility like they use in many state and national parks out west is not bad, so long as everyone follows the rule of closing the lid after use. I'm talking about the type with a potty that is made in one piece, not the old wooden kind.

As to the spider/snake debate... I'll play with snakes all day, and don't even mind poisonous ones so long as they don't pop up suddenly, and I know where they are. I am really not comfortable with spiders, though, or weird looking bugs that are too big, or centipedes.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My grandparents had an outhouse for the longest time. It was their backup to indoor plumbing. Whenever their bathroom was in use, you had to go use the outhouse. It was no big deal. It was honestly much better than those plastic port-a-potties at concerts. Not much of a smell and kind of quaint. Give me an outhouse over a rent-a-john anyday!

As for snakes, when we lived in the backwoods my mother had a cat that was with us forever. Seriously. She was old and had many litters. She got caught in a coyote trap one year and lost one of her front legs but that didn't slow her down. She really loved my mom and would always bring her gifts of dead critters and leave them on the back door step. There were king snakes, prairie dogs, you name it. If it crawled out of a hole near the Rocky Mountains, it would end up by our back door. Growing up I saw (and heard) lots of rattlesnakes, cobras, scorpions, black widows... All those deadly beasties were all over the place. You just learned not to stick your hands in dark places and to listen for something that's warning you you're getting too close. Now I live in a big city and can drive in the craziest traffic, but I'm scared of these huge cockroaches that they call tree roaches that fly around and are the size of massive june bugs. I don't know how they get in the house, but we've had one or two make it inside and even my husband screams like a little girl when they fly up after you miss them with a swat.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread