+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7218Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Here's my moment with a spider. I was showering and out of the corner of my eye came a huge black spider. It was hauling butt towards me and I shreiked for my son to come. I was cowering in the corner of the shower crying for him to get the spider. To this day he laughs everytime he sees me prepare to take a shower. He says mom, you need to check for "SPIDERS!!!" and giggles.
    Yup, with donuts!!

And here's my prime spider story. When I was a kid, we lived in Rhodesia for a couple of years. One morning while eating our oatmeal, a spider fell off the ceiling and broke a cereal bowl. That's right, it was that big. And it freaked me out big time. On the other hand, when Mr. Rattus and I spent a couple of days in New Iberia, Louisiana, we went over a fence along the bayou and were totally not freaked by the...herd? swarm? coven?...whatever the collective noun for snakes is, of water moccasins enjoying a leisurely swim and bask by the water's edge.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Well I got y'all beat with a spider story...... About 5 or 6 years ago Mona & Joey were sitting side by side (a rarity) watching something on a wall. Yep... Daddy who hates spiders had to go get a wad of paper towels to get eh spider because they were just watching it. Big BRAVE felines.. Maybe it was too much work, or simply because they had no front claws....

Princess will eat them if she catches them. Her favorite thing is to swat them across the floor until they ball up and then she eats them. It's quite nasty.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Snakes, spiders and outdoor/non-flushing "facilities" are my LEAST favorite things. I've learned that a quick shot of hairspray can kill a spider (and stick him to the wall) but I still think they are creepy. I can't even see a snake on television without having nightmares. We went to a child's birthday party at the zoo a few years ago and the "animal trainer" brought out this boa constricor for the kids to pet.... Needless to say, I was outta there in a flash!

As far as outhouses and port-a-potties are concerned, I'd rather squat behind a tree and that would have to be a DIRE emergency. I do recall using an outhouse as a child. It left a lasting impression (and not a good one) on me. I try to avoid port-a-potties as well, but what REALLY freaks me out about those is the people who go into them wearing flip-flops or sandals or, even worse, barefoot! EWWW. The floor of those port-a-potties is almost always the nastiest part (aside from the smell). I cringe just thinking about it. I prefer to stay closer to indoor, clean, flushing facilities that are spider and snake free!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Call my dog the next time you have bugs. He loves huntin' himself some buggies. He'll dig in the grass to get little grubs, jump to catch flies. And he's a large labrador type dog.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

My favorite spider story was when we were trying to find an electician to do our wiring when we were building a post and beam 20 min. into the woods. I was chatting with one out on the deck when his eyes got huge and he told me not to move - there was a huge spider on the wall beside me. I glanced to my right and it was a huge wolf spider. I laughed and stayed where I was and just kept talking to him. He was too freaked to take the job. I'm not afraid of snakes and spiders, but you'll never catch me driving in a big city.
    Count your blessings!

CHAMPIONS!!

That is what the front page of my paper says this AM.

whoo-hoo! GO KU!!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2902672;
    CHAMPIONS!!

That is what the front page of my paper says this AM.

whoo-hoo! GO KU!!
    That was an awesome game.....Congratulations!
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2902636;
    . . . I'm not afraid of snakes and spiders, but you'll never catch me driving in a big city.
    That's funny! I have no problems driving in L.A., but keep those snakes and spiders away from me!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread