+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6806Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2900254;
    Yes, it is. And there usually spiders.
    Apparantly a portapotty would have been considered luxurious here. And there were spiders. She did mention those A LOT!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've also heard of snakes being connected to outhouses, too!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Your daughter's a trooper MRD! She did way better than I would! I hope she had fun otherwise...

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

MRD, I empathize with your daughter. I was traumatized by an outhouse as a little kid. Back in the early 80's, we drove up to Pennsylvania to visit family and at the state welcome center--the big one on the interstate, not some back-woods rural road--they had outhouses. I was scared out of my mind at falling in the pit. Of course, it didn't enhance my perception of PA either.

I'm assuming outhouses are like latrines. I've visited many a latrine at the various Scout camps I've been to! And yes, sometimes snakes get in there. The Cub Scout camp where I volunteered for summer camp had a code when a child was missing - snake in the latrine!

Port-A-Pots, themselves, are bad enough. I've been to big fireworks shows where the portable toilets are called "Thunder-Pots". Thanks, anyway, but I'd just as soon not....if you get my drift. It's not worth the trauma.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They're not so bad as long as you don't go in with high expectations.

The smells and sights are nothing that anyone should ever have to experience! I'll just stay home, or closer to more civilized means, thank you very much!

There was a guy here that fell in one a few years back. It was at the state park, he dropped his wallet in it and was trying to fish it out and fell in. They had to call the fire department to get him out.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I sooo wish somebody would knock the doggie-doo out of Naomi Campbell. Absolutely blind-side her! She needs to be made to understand that that ball bounces both ways. Psychopath!

+ Reply to Thread