+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't know what your husband is into, Duxxy, but the gift Mr. Rattus has loved best over our twenty-three years together is the $400 gift certificate ($10 for every year) to HMV Records I gave him for his 40th birthday. I know it seems like not a lot of effort, but if there's one thing Mr. Rattus loves to do, it's shop for music (and then come home, grab a beer, sit back and listen to all that music). Is there anything Mr. Duxxy loves shopping for? Tools? Sports equipment? I don't know how spectacular the ring he gave you was, but $1,000 ($100 per year) gift certificate to Canadian Tire would make many a man's heart flutter madly, because the browsing for hours at CT is almost as important as the stuff they've browsed for.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Thanks for all of your great suggestions everyone! Money is not an object but Mr Dux's reluctance to try anything new is He's a stay-at-home stick in the mud. He is an avid golfer, fisherman, baseball player and curler - he has all of his equipment for these activities. He wouldn't take a spa day if my life depended on it and we are too far from anywhere for major sporting events Now you see why I needed help! I really appreciate your suggestions they are fantastic.
    I think I'm going to have his wedding ring engraved 8/5/98 - 8/5/08 and this is going to sound strange but I found a silver charm on ebay... it's a frying pan. My daughter begs for the 'story of how you met mom' all the time and Mr.D made up some convoluted story about how I saw him walking down the street and I knew he was the guy for me so I ran out, hit him over the head with a frying pan, dragged him home and we've been married ever since. It's a family inside joke so I think that will cover the sentimental for me (he can hang it on his key chain).
    I'm going to ask him about renewing our vows with just family and close friends at my dad's house in the country. He usually likes a party.

I'm going to work on him for a his and hers massage though I know he would like it if he could get over being uncomfortable.
    Thanks FORTers I knew I could count on you!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Get him a Ped Egg!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lmao!!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2898674;
    He is an avid golfer, fisherman, baseball player and curler - he has all of his equipment for these activities. He wouldn't take a spa day if my life depended on it and we are too far from anywhere for major sporting events
    My husband would not like a spa day either. However, my husband, like yours, is an avid fisherman. With this in mind, I suggest a trip to the Charlevoix region, in Quebec. You can enjoy a spa and great table (foods from the region), while your husband goes Salmon fishing on the Charlevoix river. We spent a 3-day weekend there last year for our 5 year anniversary and we loved it.

Charlevoix, accommodation, outdoor activities, mountain, gastronomy, package

ETA: I love the frying pan story.

prhoshay - I agree with all the others who said Nutella is best w/ a spoon, or on graham crackers or bananas. However, makes a pretty good and easy chocolate croissant, too. Use Pillsbury refrigerator crescent dough, put a tiny dollop of cream cheese or marscapone (sp?) (optional) and a dollop of Nutella on the wide end. Roll it up. You may need to pinch it sealed to keep the filling inside. Bake as directed.

MRD

My daughter just got back from a trip to rural West Virginia with friends to visit their family.
    I. AM. NOT. LYING. when I say she had to use an outhouse for the very first (and probably last) time.
    She's traumatized!! Traumatized and a little backed up as the mere thought of doing THAT in the outhouse was enough to scare her digestive system into hibernation.

All in all she had a good trip and can't wait to go back to see the beauty of the WV mountains. Although I suspect any return trip will include a plumber, a mess of pipes and a Kholer low water power flush appliance.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh my goodness I have heard of the beauty of the WV mountains, but that is just ridiculous!! Poor girl

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I've never even seen an outhouse so I've got to ask...is it like a PortAPotty...only grosser?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2900235;
    I've never even seen an outhouse so I've got to ask...is it like a PortAPotty...only grosser?
    Yes, it is. And there usually spiders.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread