+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6256Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2895457;
    Can anyone advise me with suggestions on how to eat Nutella?
    Giada makes Nutella ravioli. You could probably find the recipe on FoodNetwork. I don't bother using anything for Nutella other than a spoon, like Duxxy. I buy it very rarely at my house. I hide the jar and eat it in 3 days.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2896027;
    Anyhow, I wanted to use Gabriel's, "Get out!" But I coudln't do that to a little kid.
    I've always been fond of the phrase that they used on the show 'Frasier': "Off you go!", when dismissing someone. With children, I heavily enunciate the phrase, emphasizing each word, with an unwavering "I'm going to kill you" look in my eye. They get it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I could use some suggestions!! My 10th anniversary is coming up in May and I have no idea what to get my husband. He doesn't wear ANY jewelry (not even his wedding ring) He doesn't work in a suit and tie or wear a watch. He's really hard to buy for. I was thinking of getting a double photo frame with then and now pictures and our wedding date on it but it just seems so girly. I'm kind of at a loss.
    Oh! and I know that he got me a spectacular anniversary ring so I'd like to get him something as special.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy, does your husband like sports at all? My husband is really hard to buy for and I've started getting him autographed items from his favorite players. Like jerseys and baseballs and stuff like that. But if you're wanting to get him something more sentimental, maybe a really nice photo of you would work. Something sexy even.

I tried to do the sentimental stuff with my husband but he's really not into it. One father's day I did up an 8X10 with a nice father's poem and pictures of him with the kids over the years. My mother-in-law teared up when she saw it, but he just said "Do I walk too fast?" It was the walk a little slower, daddy poem and he totally didn't get the point. Oh well. Then another year for our anniversary I wrote him a poem about how I was feeling right before we got married. I thought it was my best poem ever. I used four-syllable words and everything. He doesn't even remember it. But he loves his USC gear.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

CCL

Duxxy: Maybe one of those gifts where he would get to experience something he always wanted to do? I know they have ones where the person can become a race car driver for a day, or stuff like that. Not sure where you are in Canada,Duxxy, but there is a company called Perfect Day Experiences that offers such things across Canada (I have no experience with them, so I can't recommend them either way). I'm sure there are other such companies around, too.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD

I like burntbrats idea. My husband is not very romantic and the "mean something" gifts are not his style either. He used to collect beer steins, so I used to give him those. Now I give him tickets to concerts, plays, sporting events, etc. He REALLY enjoys that more than any other gift I've ever given him and I get to go with him usually to the thing I gave him tickets for and he really enjoys it. He is happy with this kind of stuff where as a commemorative photo frame or special poem or book, would be ok, but that's it. Just ok. Me, I like that kind of thing and he knows it, so he does the sentimental for me, and I do the entertainment ticket thing for him and it works out well.

We also renewed our vows on our 10th and that was pretty special and he thought so too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My husband isn't too into the "sentimental" gifts either. He appreciates it at the time, but two days later... he has forgotten all about it. There have been fabulous suggestions already mentioned (a few of which I have had success with!) but one thing my husband really appreciates is tools, etc. For example, he already owns an expensive power drill, but there is another one he just has to have, but knows he shouldn't spend the $$ on another power drill. So, along comes birthday, anniversary, father's day, etc. and bingo - Power drill! I have never seen a man so excited.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How about a spa experience, or something like that? I'm more in favor of creating memories than giving gifts. Me and my "honeybump" just had a spa weekend, and it was wonderful, and I think we are both still purring. I'm a fan of simple and sweet!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Duxxy,

I don't know how much money you are comfortable spending but going with the themes previously offered, what about tickets to a sporting event or concert or a music club that he will enjoy and a night or two for just the two of you at a hotel near the venue?

Is there any particular style of music or artist he likes? If so, I'd check amazon to see if there are any new dvds or collections that he might really enjoy coming out before your anniversary.

Or I'd think back to when the two of you met and see if there is something from back then that would be sentimental but tangible. It could even be a shirt from a place you met or used to hang out and maybe a trip back in time.
    Last edited by Mariner; 04-06-2008 at 02:10 PM.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I like the Perfect Day Experience, the spa weekend for two, the sporting event. All three are excellent ideas. What about a favourite sport he has to play? Does he enjoy golf for example?

If he does, you can book a tee time for you two early in the morning, golf all morning, then return home, shower/etc. Then spend the rest of the weekend at a spa resort. Or even at a sporting event. It all depends how much money you want to put in because it can get expensive easy.

+ Reply to Thread