+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2895457;
    Can anyone advise me with suggestions on how to eat Nutella?
    I buy it for my kids, who just eat it on toast. I have tried it on graham crackers, though, and it's quite good that way.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Mm-m-m-m-m-m-m, Nutella! Or as my hubby calls it: "Sex in a Jar"! It's good on almost anything.

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, there are a couple of items there that pair very nicely with Nutella:
    • mini-croissants (in the freezer section with the breakfast stuff -- you let them thaw/rise overnight, about 7 - 9 hours, then bake them at 350F for 15 minutes)
    • crêpe mix (though I think it's called "Swedish Pancakes") -- Nutella is wonderful on crêpes, alone or with sliced bananas or strawberries.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

With a spoon, straight from the jar
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2895491;
    I buy it for my kids, who just eat it on toast. I have tried it on graham crackers, though, and it's quite good that way.
    My kids like it on toast as well. They also love it on bananas.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2895698;
    With a spoon, straight from the jar
    Word up, Duxxy!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Gabriel, where are you?! I think I would've made you proud tonight, although I'm sure I broke all kinds of etiquette rules. There were a few of us over at a friend's house tonight--it was supposed to be couples only but one couple brought their kids, ranging in age from about 8 to 12, I'd guess. The host didn't have anything kid-friendly planned so that threw them for a loop, but they whipped up something the kids would eat. The kids were fairly well behaved, but the oldest (a girl) was incredibly nosy and rude. She was pointing out all the imperfections in the house and asking why something was chipped or what not. The parents didn't shush her or reprimand her or quietly take her aside to tell her she was being inappropriate. At one point, the little girl asked the hostess to MOVE something so that she could further inspect the imperfection. The hostess laughed it off and said, "No, honey." The little girl would not let it go. She just kept badgering and no one did anything. I didn't really know this couple that brought the kids so I figured I had nothing to lose. I went up to the little girl and said, "Sweetie, you're a guest in someone's home. You are being rude and inconsiderate and I would take it as a personal favor if you would stop embarrassing our hosts." You could've heard a pin drop. Her parents were horrified both that someone had noticed their child was rude and that someone had reprimanded her. The hostess thanked me privately and said she would never be inviting that couple over again.

Honestly, I don't blame the child. Kids do things to get attention. They live to push their parents' buttons. These parents are the morons.

Anyhow, I wanted to use Gabriel's, "Get out!" But I coudln't do that to a little kid.

Wow Lois, good for you! I would have loved to be a fly on a wall there tonight to see that!

At 12, she should have been old enough to know better. Obviously, her parents are clueless. Why bring their kids to an adults only gathering? If they could not get a sitter, they should have stayed home. And they should have given instructions on appropriate behavior to their little darlings well before they set foot in that house. I always did that with my kids whenever we went to anyone's home. I would tell them that they had to behave, no running around, use inside voices, that whole spiel. Even at their grandparents' homes. Put your napkins on your laps, be little angels, don't fill up on rolls, eat a little bit of everything, no whining....you get the drill.

Were the younger ones more well behaved? Was it just this little snot who was the problem?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2896040;
    Were the younger ones more well behaved? Was it just this little snot who was the problem?
    The younger kids were rambunctious, but not obnoxious. The problem there was that the host and hostess don't have children and their house isn't kid-friendly, so there were antiques and delicate things that young kids shouldn't be around. One of the boys unintentionally scratched the coffeetable and the hostess took it pretty well, but I think it kind of upset her. I just couldn't believe that the parents didn't stop their daughter from being so rude. Normally on a Friday or Saturday night, the gathering would've been over around 11 or midnight. Everyone ended up leaving pretty early 'cause the kids didn't make it a fun night out.

Don't get me wrong--I actually love going to picnics and things where kids are running around. It's just not appropriate to bring them to a evening meant for adults. I would've hired a babysitter or if one canceled at the last minute, I would've apologized profusely to the hostess and explained what happened and why I wouldn't be able to make it. And I would've sent a gift or something the next day.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Lois, if you invite me, ill behave. Promise. Especially if i get some lemon bars...then i wont be inspired to streak.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2894563;
    My paranoia with an across the shoulder strap is getting completely snatched to the ground, instead of just getting my shoulder dislocated or sprained. I don't think you ever see either one coming.
    I always thought that across the shoulder would be better, in the sense that the bag won't fall off you shoulder, but what happened to a secretary in my office changed my mind. He was walking through the French Quarter down a dark street alone (a boneheaded move, in pretty much everyone's opinion) and was mugged, with a bash to the head. The mugger grabbed the secretary's bag from across his shoulder and left a huuuuge gash in his neck. The poor guy can't move his neck very much, and it's been three weeks. On the upside, he's learned to fight the crowds down Bourbon rather than taking a desolate side street back to the car. But it's a hell of a way to learn the lesson.

+ Reply to Thread