+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I guess you haven't seen how tight my jeans can be, huh? OK, it's not obscene, but they are fitted! Anybody is going to get your money if they are determined to, though. I just refuse to make it easy for them, and I'm usually almost at a run when in the parking lot. Guess that's why I only grocery shop about every 2 months...too much exercise!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2894650;
    I guess you haven't seen how tight my jeans can be, huh? OK, it's not obscene, but they are fitted! Anybody is going to get your money if they are determined to, though. I just refuse to make it easy for them, and I'm usually almost at a run when in the parking lot. Guess that's why I only grocery shop about every 2 months...too much exercise!
    Grocery shop every 2 months? How do you do that prhoshay? What about perishables like milk, veggies/fruit? I would love to be able to do that..
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2894616;
    Same for the women's restroom. It always takes women longer in the bathroom and I don't mean at the sink washign hands, combing hair and putting on makeup.
    This drives me nuts, too, though. I mean, wash your hands and move away from the sink so I can wash mine. Don't take away my right to clean hands because you're too vain to leave the can without fluffing .

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2894637;
    Back on purses...I've also walked down aisles where women leave their shopping carts--WITH their purses in them OPEN. If I wanted to, I could've reached in and taken their wallet as I searched for peanut butter on the shelves!
    This is so stunningly stupid it actually makes me angry (I am going to be one crabby old lady, I can tell you ). It reminds me of the absolutely dumbest thing I've ever heard of someone I know doing, which also infuriated me. Would you like to hear the story? Well, here it is. My friend was heading overseas for a year long trek around a good portion of the world. She came over one evening to say so long, so we sat around, had a couple of beers and said our farewells. While I'm standing at the door seeing her off, she looks outside and shrieks "oh no, someone stole my bike". Apparently, she had left her bike standing in the middle of the sidewalk in front of my house, not locked, and, worst of all, with a bag attached to it containing her passport and airline tickets. It seems that I'm a bad, bad person because I couldn't feel empathy or sympathy for her situation, I could only feel fury about such thoughtless negligence. Maybe because I'm so totally retentive about holding on to my valuables, maybe because I'd been dealing with her carelessness and tardiness for thirty years by this point. Anyway, I kind of feel a little guilty about going to bed and leaving her alone in my house to deal with the police, but still, that is just so, so stupid.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

My gripe is I always plan ahead when I need to do something. Grocery shopping-I ahve plotted which aisles I need to go to before I even leave my house. Trips-I've thought about 2 or 3 different ways to get there at least a week ahead. I can't stand to be late, and I am not a patient person when having to wait on someone else.

So, Rattus, what happened with your friend? What was the outcome? Did she get her bag back? Don't leave us hanging!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2894785;
    So, Rattus, what happened with your friend? What was the outcome? Did she get her bag back? Don't leave us hanging!
    Sorry . Fortunately this happened long enough before she was to leave that she was able to replace her tickets and get an emergency passport replacement. Her bag was found behind someone's house, but with nothing in it, of course, and her bike was never found.

Since her return, she has had three more bikes stolen, I'm guessing because she doesn't lock them properly. I told her she should get a women's bike because thieves don't tend to want them. She said no, they weren't strong enough. Bah! I am a yuuuuuuge woman who rode the same women's style bike for 21 years before it finally became not worth the maintenance. She's a small gal who doesn't even ride as much as I do - she just thinks that women's bikes aren't cool. And yet she's my friend.

And did I mention her chronic tardiness? She's the first person I had to give the "I'll wait ten minutes, and then I'm leaving" ultimatum to. Yes. My buddy, my pal, my oldest friend .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2894616;
    Same for the women's restroom. It always takes women longer in the bathroom and I don't mean at the sink washign hands, combing hair and putting on makeup. I mean when the line for the stalls is out the door and the women IN the stalls seem to take FOREVER. I have used men's restrooms before because I didn't want to or couldn't wait in that long line.
    I hate waiting in line for the restroom. I share season tickets for the Seahawks. When they built Qwest Field, they included equal restroom facilities for men and women. Not too surprisingly, there are more men at the games than women. I swear that every game I run into women in the restroom who are getting a big kick out of the fact that they can just stroll into a stall while there is always a huge line to use the men's room. It really is hilarious to see the expressions on the men's faces while they wait and watch the women stroll in and out of the restroom.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

MRD

Rattus, I'm sorry, but if your friend is that careless with something as important as a passport and airline tickets, she ALMOST deserves to get them stolen. There is no way I'd leave something like that (especially passport) out on the street basically. I am very vigilent about my stuff. I carry my purse in the store and do not put it in the cart because I do walk away from the cart. If we go to a concert, ballgame or sometimes just out to see our freinds band at a club, I carry my ID and cash in my pockets and leave the purse at home because I don't want the hassle of dealing with a purse and possibly having it stolen. This way, I can enjoy myself and not be on constant purse watch.

As for the grocery shopping thing. We belong to Sam's Club and I do a HUGE shop once a month at Sam's and Walmart and a local store that has great meat prices. I stock up on pantry items and meat and I am fortunate to have a large freezer.
    Then about once a week, I make a run to the closer grocery stores for fresh veggies, milk, bread and eggs. I do tend to save a LOT of money and time that way because I do shop the sales and stock up. The great local grocery will have chicken leg quarters on sale about once a month for 59 cents a pound. I'll buy 10 pounds (only $5.90) and the same with other meat like that.

I HATE Walmart meat and fresh veggies, but I can't beat the prices on their canned goods, flour, sugar, vegetable oil, frozen veggies and stuff like that.
    I also can get good prices on certain items I use a lot at Sam's. Like laundry soap (I save in less than 6 months my Sam's membership just on the savings in the laundry soap I buy). And I've discovered that Sam's ground beef is actually pretty good. Not a lot of fat so I don't lose volume when I cook it.

I hate shopping and the once a month trip can be a long, tiring process, between shopping, checking out with a huge cart full, unloading, putting away and breaking the meat down into portions for the freezer, but it's worth it because we cut our food bill WAY, WAY down by changing over to this process.

And fewer trips to the store mean less chances to impulse buy.

I also definetly shop the sales and use coupons. I have become a coupon-a-holic since moving here as they still do double coupons in some of the stores here and Bloom sends out $10 coupons every month. I get 4 a month, so that is a great savings.

One of the grocery stores just gave me a 10% off coupon because I earn "points" by shopping there. I am saving it up for my monthly visit because if I spend $100-$200 I can save $10-$20 and still get to earn more points.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wow, once a month! I swear, I must go food shopping three times a week.

Of course, I do have to carry all of my bags home from the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2894637;
    Back on purses...I've also walked down aisles where women leave their shopping carts--WITH their purses in them OPEN. If I wanted to, I could've reached in and taken their wallet as I searched for peanut butter on the shelves!
    That would be me (as I hang my head in shame) - I am uber-paranoid most of the time, locking my car door even if I am going to be right by it, etc. Mr. M makes fun of my paranoia at times, it drives him nuts! But for some unknown reason, that paranoia goes out the window at the grocery store! I don't know why I feel so secure while I'm throwing food in the cart, but I have a bad habit of leaving my purse in the cart while I browse. Drives Mr. M nuts!! It makes no sense, and yet I have a hard time breaking this habit.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can anyone advise me with suggestions on how to eat Nutella?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread