+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 2323 FirstFirst ... 317172737475767778798081828384858687888990911311815811081 ... LastLast
Like Tree4498Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

myrosiedog....what a job moving...
    your daughters sounds cool. My eldest daughter had great style in high school...she was the first in her school to pierce her nose.....she eventually .......taking her to a large mall was a real trip then....especially if I walked behind her...people would do double takes..especially guys...so funny...she was very pretty girl dressed punked out.. very different back then. I let her dress how she wanted as long as it was modest and clean...

Now she's a beautiful woman and dresses fairly conservative, but not boring, but still has a stylish edge.

Hope your daughter influences the kids at the school....creativity is so much fun and more exciting than the same old cookie cutter look...boring

$2.90 a gal......why is ours $3.19 in California????

Misskitty....
    Climbing trees....sounds like fun...that is if i could take an elevator to the top of the tree. I have a two story project house we've been working on for a while.....I love looking out the windows on the top floor, and am considering extending the balcony so I can sit out there with the birds. Decisions, decisions....$ $ $

Yard sale/bake sale

We had the Yard sale/bake sale yesterday....I can barely move today.....but we made our goal so there will be plenty funds for the kids to attend the puppet workshops in So. California.....The kids (and I) worked our fannies off for the sale.....they baked and baked and priced and cleaned and boxed...and sold and sold.....we finshed cleaning up at 6:00 pm....I layed down today and slept for 4 hours.....so tired but well worth it. Everyone loved their cupcakes and brownies...
    Last edited by Vonna; 08-21-2006 at 01:36 AM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

MRD
    Vonna, glad your sale went well.

My daughter is definetly an original and hopefully will continue to be. She gets great grades, is a good kid, so I didn't mind letting her get her nose pierced and wearing funky clothes because as you said they are clean and modest, just funky. We'll see how all this plays out. She went in jeans today and a t-shirt, but there is no way to make the hair different at the moment, so she is not a look a like kid.

I paid $2.74 a gallon yesterday for gas and hubby said that he found someplace on Sat. in Georgia where it was $2.66 and he said he filled up and wished he had about 4 gas cans with him to fill those up too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Um, hi. Paid $3.29 in Chicago. And that was cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    ...Climbing trees....sounds like fun...that is if i could take an elevator to the top of the tree. I have a two story project house we've been working on for a while.....I love looking out the windows on the top floor, and am considering extending the balcony so I can sit out there with the birds. Decisions, decisions....$ $ $

Vonna
    , your house project sounds like great fun! (and work). Oh, if I could have a balcony, (and a 2nd story) I would. Especially if it would look out over the back yard and not the front street. I'd go for it if I were you.
    -------------------
    Well today we graduated up to a chainsaw and the double extended ladder. And my BIL to help out. We had a couple of huge branches to get down. A lot of work but safer in the long run. My squirrel will not be impressed. A major skyward artery is completely goners.

I've been looking up doing this for so many days now, I feel like Haley Joe Osmett.....Everywhere I look, I see dead branches.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    We're payin $1.19 dollars per liter for gas at the moment. I think you have to times that by 4 to get US liters. Anyroads, over 4 bucks a gallon up here, and it hurts! Gas has already become a major topic for all of the political parties up here in Canada. Some of our atlantic provinces have gone as far as regulating gas prices through government control. Not to sure how it works, but shows how gas prices affect everyone across the globe.
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 37.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

1.35 per liter here...ouch!

I remember last year, at this time, we were all freaking out because it was going over $1 a liter. Now, i'd be thrilled to have it at $1!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post

Vonna
    , your house project sounds like great fun! (and work). Oh, if I could have a balcony, (and a 2nd story) I would. Especially if it would look out over the back yard and not the front street. I'd go for it if I were you.
    -------------------
    Well today we graduated up to a chainsaw and the double extended ladder. And my BIL to help out. We had a couple of huge branches to get down. A lot of work but safer in the long run. My squirrel will not be impressed. A major skyward artery is completely goners.

I've been looking up doing this for so many days now, I feel like Haley Joe Osmett.....Everywhere I look, I see dead branches.
    Misskittysounds like you have one great BIL! Feels great to get a major project done. Speaking of dead branches, we have a tree guy outside right now cutting up the dead branches and three palm trees that were in the way of the power lines. He gave us a quote two months ago and never showed up to do it until yesterday....BTW we tried to get several out here to do it but they wanted $1,000 urgh.....this guy is doing it for much much less...worth the wait..

My other house looks like a haunted house right now LOL.....I will have windows overlooking the back yard with a 40 ft black oak tree...majestic! The front window view is a darling Victorian across the street, so I am looking forward to sitting in front of the windows staring out watching the birds.....I will be putting a gingerbread trimmed porch on the front--got the posts, etc off another old home..saved $$$. I would put a pic up so we could all have a good laugh, but not that savy The only thing I know how to do is change my avatar...so I do it often
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    We were up to $3.70....so I guess our $3.19 isn't THAT bad.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    We were up to $3.70....so I guess our $3.19 isn't THAT bad.
    Isn't that bad? I filled up Thursday for $2.65.

+ Reply to Thread