+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6151Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I try to make it a practice NEVER to get in a grocery store line behind a little old lady, or somebody pulling out a checkbook. I prefer to line up behind men since they usually pay with cash and are out of there!

And I NEVER take my purse into the grocery store with me, since I drift away from my cart while I'm shopping and I don't want to have to lug that thing with me. It stays hidden in the car. I have a grocery store uniform: jeans, and tennis shoes, mainly. When I pay (probably with debit card from my jeans pocket), even if I get cash back, it goes straight into my jeans pocket, causing no delay. I've got this paranoia about somebody easily trying to snatch my purse, either in the store or in the parking lot, so going the route of the jeans pocket makes me feel safer. Guys do it, so why shouldn't we? How many times have you heard of a man being physically ripped off at the store or in a parking lot? Basically...it just doesn't happen. Women with purses are easier targets, I think. And what all is in there that you need in the store, anyway? Absolutely nothing that I can think of. My checkbook fits nicely in my back pocket, thank you.

I am all about making life easier/simpler on me as often as I can.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hate to admit it, what with actually being a woman and all, but I prefer not to line up behind women if I have any choice. I don't like to generalize, but I'm going to have to here - men to tend to fiddle around a lot less with things when they're shopping or banking. I do carry a purse with me, but it has a cross-the-shoulder strap, and everything just gets shoved into the interior zip pocket to be dealt with on my own time later. Because I get so freakin' annoyed by people piddling about with their belongings while I stand there holding a basket overflowing with 50 lbs. of foodstuffs, I refuse to do the same thing to those waiting behind me. It is just rude and inconsiderate.

I have been told a number of times by shoe store clerks that I shop like a man. The time it takes me to enter the store, circumnavigate, locate the target shoe, try them on, make a decision, pay and leave - fifteen minutes, tops.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2894539;
    I hate to admit it, what with actually being a woman and all, but I prefer not to line up behind women if I have any choice. I don't like to generalize, but I'm going to have to here - men to tend to fiddle around a lot less with things when they're shopping or banking. I do carry a purse with me, but it has a cross-the-shoulder strap, and everything just gets shoved into the interior zip pocket to be dealt with on my own time later. Because I get so freakin' annoyed by people piddling about with their belongings while I stand there holding a basket overflowing with 50 lbs. of foodstuffs, I refuse to do the same thing to those waiting behind me. It is just rude and inconsiderate.

I have been told a number of times by shoe store clerks that I shop like a man. The time it takes me to enter the store, circumnavigate, locate the target shoe, try them on, make a decision, pay and leave - fifteen minutes, tops.

Are we related?? I also shop like a man. Get in, get your stuff, and get out. This applies at the grocery store, Target (my personal fave), and anywhere else I must go. When it's time to check out - I apply the same principal - ring my stuff, give my total, I pay, I leave. Very simple - I don't understand why some people have such a hard time with that. It's like they had no idea that they would be expected to pay at the end - they wait for the checker to announce the total - and THEN start digging through their bag for the checkbook, etc. I hate that!

I hate to admit it, what with actually being a woman and all, but I prefer not to line up behind women if I have any choice. I don't like to generalize, but I'm going to have to here - men to tend to fiddle around a lot less with things when they're shopping or banking.
    You must know different men than I do! Most of the men I've ever dated and shopped with don't keep their money handy or ready. It's sometimes in a bundle in their pocket, or it's in some man purse thingy and they don't want to open it until they start chatting up the girl behind the till; yes, even when I'm there. As if it's a major accomplishment to be paying for your groceries!

Other men I've known leave their money in their car and I just can't stand that. It's stoopid for one, and annoying when they actually get to the cashier and then say, Oh, just a minute, it's in my "other" wallet in the car.
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-04-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: made a boo boo
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My paranoia with an across the shoulder strap is getting completely snatched to the ground, instead of just getting my shoulder dislocated or sprained. I don't think you ever see either one coming.

Now, shoe shopping.......that's a pleasure trip for me!

Grocery stores, Target, etc......that's what I call combat shopping!

I've left my debit card in the car before, after a particularly grueling grocery shopping trip. I didn't now it until they had finished ringing me up. They pulled my cart over to Customer Service counter while I went out to the car, and I paid there. Nobody was inconvenienced but me, thank goodness. Things just kept moving. Called myself "Shay the Dumb-A" for the rest of the day!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-04-2008 at 12:39 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I think the reason women are targeted for theft is because most of the assailants are men and they are generally stronger than most women--but they're not necessarily stronger than other men so they're choosing what they perceive to be the easiest mark. Also, and this is a COMPLETE generalization on my part, but when I go grocery shopping, it's usually women doing the shopping. So therefore, there are proportionally more women to rob than men (at grocery stores).

What I can't stand is the customer who will get behind me in line with one or two items--seeing that I have an overflowing cart of groceries that I've already started unloading--and they will sigh and make it known they aren't happy. I want to turn around and say, "Dumbarse, go to the OTHER line for 15 items or less. Yes, there're a couple shoppers ahead of you but I can guarantee that the cashier will be done ringing them up faster there than the cashier will be done ringing me up." If I haven't unloaded my cart already, I more often than not let the person behind me cut in front of me if they've only got a few items...but hey, once my transaction has started, shut the F up and wait your turn!

Don't you think those dangling purses are very tempting for snatching? I don't see my (or mens') pockets being a temptation for snatching like purses are, but that's just my own view. I guess it's just my own little hang-up. Anytime you hear about a "purse snatching", it's virtually always a woman. Grab and run.

MRD

Same for the women's restroom. It always takes women longer in the bathroom and I don't mean at the sink washign hands, combing hair and putting on makeup. I mean when the line for the stalls is out the door and the women IN the stalls seem to take FOREVER. I have used men's restrooms before because I didn't want to or couldn't wait in that long line.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You and me, both!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I do think they're tempting, especially since a lot of women are clueless and walk around with their purses unzipped or unsnapped. But I've seen all these police shows about how a good pickpocket can get a wallet out of man's (or woman's!) pocket and escape long before we're even aware that we've been robbed. The only person I personally know who's been robbed in a store parking lot is a male friend...and he had the good sense to throw his money clip as far away as he could so that the thief had to work to get the money. While the thief ran after the money, the guy got in his car and chased him (the robber) down and called 911 on his cell phone. The thief didn't serve much jail time but at least he got caught and now has a record!

Back on purses...I've also walked down aisles where women leave their shopping carts--WITH their purses in them OPEN. If I wanted to, I could've reached in and taken their wallet as I searched for peanut butter on the shelves!

+ Reply to Thread