+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6997Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Add me to the list of people who are infuriated by those who don't prepare. There have been occasions where I've stood at the streetcar stop, token in pocket, for a good 20 minutes with someone who waits for the streetcar, gets on, then removes her gloves, shifts her tote to her back, opens her purse and digs around for where she thinks she might have left her tokens. What a phenomenal waste of time, hers and mine.

And when you go to the bank machine, have your card out by the time you get to the machine, and just shove everything back into your wallet/purse to organize later. Don't stand there for ten minutes putting everything back into it's special slot while the line behind you gets longer and longer and angrier and angrier. I truly can't stand people who think that only their time (and purse) is of value. I'm not sure if you can tell, but I've just gone withdrawn some cash. My total time spent at the machine? One minute. The woman before me? Ten freakin' minutes. Ten. She did one transaction, and then spent the next nine stinkin' minutes organizing her incredibly ugly bag. THAT IS WHAT HER DESK IS FOR. Idiot. Sometimes I wish it were legally and morally acceptable to throw things at people.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

This is the email response I got back from my bank:

"As a valued customer, your satisfaction is our number one goal!

Payments which require a four business day lead time will result in a check being mailed to the biller three to four business
    days prior to the date selected by you. If mail is running efficiently, there is a possibility the payment may be received
    early by the biller and presented to your account before the payment due date. If this occurs, we are required to process
    the check at the time of presentment, therefore the payment may clear early. I greatly apologize for the confusion. I have refunded
    the fees caused by the payment clearing early. The credits will post to your account immediately."

I am so confused.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

livin -
    apparently their assumption is that you want it 'paid' on the 4th. even with the automatic transmissions, the receiver can say there is a processing time of '4 days' so that it should be transmitted early so they have time to process it. Is the payment due on the 4th, or have you already built that processing period in?

This may be more a practice of your mortgage company setting up the requirements than your bank.

Thanks schmooo2. I do want it paid on the 4th. Actually I'm quite ashamed to say I don't know when the mortgage company wants it paid Sometime at the start of the month...guess I should find out. I'm glad Suze Orman doesn't read this forum.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2891882;
    Sometimes I wish it were legally and morally acceptable to throw things at people.
    OK, I know you're upset and I feel for you...but your post made me laugh! I'm with you, sister! I'd love to throw a Nerf ball at someone's head sometimes...

What I hate are the freking BANK TELLERS who are chatty Cathys with their customers even when there's only one of them working and there's a LONG line of customers waiting for their turn. One teller tried to get a customer to open a CREDIT CARD right there and then and the customer was the dumbest person EVER asking stupid questions like, "Credit card? What's a credit card?" OK, the questions weren't that inane, but that's how I choose to remember them. And the teller doesn't even make a pretense of working efficiently. Chatting about the weather etc. while the rest of us are standing there waiting to go back to work...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2892021;
    OK, I know you're upset and I feel for you...but your post made me laugh! I'm with you, sister! I'd love to throw a Nerf ball at someone's head sometimes...
    A Nerf ball? You are a far kinder person than I am, Ms. Lane .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2892067;
    A Nerf ball? You are a far kinder person than I am, Ms. Lane .
    I was thinking more in terms of a bowling ball myself.

We only have one automatic payment taken out of our account without us submitting it - and that is the auto insurance. It comes out anywhere between the 2nd and 5th (although we requested the 5th) but money goes in on the last day of the month - so we are safe. All other electronic payments are done by us throughout the month. It's my control freak nature I can't leave that much out of my hands, you know? Just paranoid of the exact same scenario. Perhaps you can contact your mortgage holder, Livin, and find out when exactly the pmt is due and change the date they withdraw $$ from your account? We have Countrywide and have a 15 day period in which to pay our mortgage. It is due on the 1st and late after the 15th. So there is quite a bit of leeway for us - thank goodness
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 04-03-2008 at 05:03 PM.

I write 2 checks per month. one or my rent, the other for the cellphones for myself and my parents, Jitterbug has yet to come into online payments. All of my other bills are paid via me and the computer when I want to pay it. I control everything!!! (Say it in a Sargent Schultz from Hogans heros voice)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2892085;
    I was thinking more in terms of a bowling ball myself.
    Oh, I was thinking of something sticky, messy and smelly that would stick and be hard to remove.

or a gun that shoots suction cup flags that say :IDIOT on them and can't be removed so the person much walk around all day with a small flag on them saying IDIOT!

Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread