+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7145Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2889444;
    There you go! - But I actually think rosie is his little girl and Bogie is her boy... but I can be confused sometimes.
    Yes, you would be correct. Rosie owns him and Bogie me and Waldo must be a communist as he owns EVERYONE!

He had a nice day but long. He was delayed 6 hours getting home, but we did go meet up with some friends and have a beer and then came home and had cake.Our friends band was playing last night so we stopped in for that. I hated the venue, it was FULL of Furman university students and overpriced, but the band literally stopped in midsong to give us a shoutout when we walked in and then sang happy birthday to him in front of the whole restaurant/bar. Which was really funny. We stayed just long enough for him to have 2 beers and the band to take a break so we could talk a bit and fled that joint. There are many more places I'd much rather go hear that band, so we will avoid that one in the future.

He's home for 4 days and then off again. The dogs were so happy to see him.

Brunette Trixie, my daughter does not have a cell phone right now, so I guess she HAS to think of other things as she isn't on that thing constantly. But thank you. We've really tried to raise her to have a social conscious and sometimes it looks like we have succeeded.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

OK, what is the DEAL with holding up an entire supermarket line while you dig in your huge suitcase for exact change? Is there an exact change award that I'm missing out on?
    Is Monty Hall (Let's Make A Deal Host) waiting to give me a trip to Mexico or a new car if I can find exact change in my bag? If so, then count me in, but I have yet to see him hiding out at my supermarket with people in weird costumes that carry around hard boiled eggs in their purse.

Is trying to find a quarter, dime and 2 pennies worth it?
    I know that 37 cents of my life was used up waiting on this person to unload her entire life on the conveyer belt so she could find exact change.

If I have it and it's easily accessible, I will give exact change, but if I'm digging through the gum wrappers, lint, old receipts, and other misc. CRAP at the bottom of my purse trying to find 4 coins, it's just easier to pony up the extra dollar bill and get MORE coins for the detrius at the bottom of my bag for ANOTHER DAY.

OK, rant OVER.

Add to that the gummers who not only pay by written paper check (uhh, debit card, anyone???), but wait until the entire purchase is rung up before pulling the checkbook out of the gargantuan purse and writing the check at a pace that would make a snail look like Mario Andretti.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2891311;

Add to that the gummers who not only pay by written paper check (uhh, debit card, anyone???), but wait until the entire purchase is rung up before pulling the checkbook out of the gargantuan purse and writing the check at a pace that would make a snail look like Mario Andretti.
    Hey, what's wrong with checks? I know a lot of older citizens that are still distrustful of debit cards and still use checks, but I do now use my debit card at the grocery and most other places. Still some people are used to having that "paper trail".

But I TOTALLY agree, if you are going to pay with a check, at least have it filled out and signed while they check you out so all you have to do at the end is fill out the amount.

And add my husband to the exact change people. I hate when he does it and has me digging through MY purse because he thought he had it in his pocket and didn't. I just want to scream at him: GIVE HER ANOTHER DOLLAR AND LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!

I feel so bad when I hold up a line because I can't get my money out. But that's usually really rare. Although lately, I've been feeling like a tool because I've thought I've had enough pocket change to pay for something and it turns out I don't so I have to use debit on transactions under 5 bucks. At least I'm getting my moneys worth out of my plan fee, but it makes me feel like an idiot!

Hey. I don't consider myself an 'older citizen' but I will not use a debit card. and I prefer checks at the grocery because I use it in tracking my outgoing cash. I have started using my credit card, but then I don't note it anywhere and then lose track of the individual amounts. yeah, I know. Sloppy bookkeeping.

but I try to be considerate with cash and checks. I know about how much stuff will be and either have cash ready, my check filled out, or my credit card in hand by the time they have it rung up. My time is valuable to me and I try to recognize that with others.
    and you all would laugh at my purse. It has several small plastic bags organizing what I use. so I just pull out my zip-lock bag with checkbook, cash and wallet cards and can see exactly what I need.
    easy to switch out purses that way also.

hmm, maybe I am turning into one of those little old ladies. NOOOOOO!

but debit cards - uhunh - no way.

Is my bank shady? We use USBANK, do online bill pay. I set up our mortgage to be paid on the 4th. The money to cover that is deposited on the 3rd(just after midnight). I check this morning and they had put the mortgage payment through, taken money out of our savings to cover the deficit, and my paycheck was deposited right around that time, bringing the balance back up. I don't know if I'm being very clear, I'm so angry. This has happened 2 or 3 times before..I'll write down what I mean:

04/03/08 Credit $262.00 $1,537.56
    04/03/08 Credit $262.00 $1,275.56
    04/03/08 Credit $1,051.00 $1,013.56
    04/02/08 Od Protection Credit $468.17 -$37.44
    04/02/08 Service Charge - Od Protection $5.00 -$505.61
    04/02/08 Purchase With Pin $24.94 -$500.61
    04/02/08 Atm Withdrawal $40.00 -$475.67
    04/02/08 5666 Check view $1,059.06 -$435.67

Note: the check #5666 was SUPPOSED to come out on the 4th. They did it on the 2nd. And charged $5 for it.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I'd be unhappy too, livin4reality I think that I'd point out that since the transaction is only authorized for the 4th, they are accessing the account without permission when they get into it on the 2nd. I don't know if that will get you any traction but it might. If it doesn't, there may be a regulatory agency to which you may complain.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That's why I do my electronic bill payments, individually, every month. I'd hate to have to hurt somebody!

Another question....why do so many people deal in cash and do not require receipts? Big payments....little payments.....what's the deal?

Every once in a while, I write a check at the grocery store, just for the heck of it, but I start filling it out when I'm about 2 people away from my turn with the cashier so that all I have to fill in is the amount.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When my debit visa card number was duplicated and someone charged $3000 to my checking account, I had to shred that card and get another number issued to me. I wrote checks for a couple weeks. I actually felt better about writing them knowing that it has my signature on it and my name to keep a trail. I've not used my debit visa card as a visa since the whole fraud thing. I want my pin number to be used in all transactions and never let anything be printed on a receipt ever again. Such a horrible experience.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread