+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6754Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    ..I really wish there was some way to get all of our messages to Nemeses in the hospital. All this has GOT to cheer her up and get her on the road to recovery.
    myrosiedog: Maybe jehraen can print out our posts and give it to Nemeses at the hospital? Or we can get the e-mail for the Hospital she is staying in?

prhoshay: That is fabulous what you have been doing with the newscaster! Hope wonderful you are to give her little, polite, kind, suggestions! I'm sure her self-steem has rocketed!!

ETA: Just saw new thread for Nemesis.
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-01-2008 at 04:01 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Nemeses . . .

Please . . .

Get well SOON, and all my prayers are with you and your husband!

ness
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

This morning as I was pulling up to the school to drop my students off I made an announcement over the loudspeaker. (school bus)

Attention West students: I will not be able to pick you up tonight after school OR tomorrow morning. My supervisor has sent me to Central (rival school) to give those kids rides because they are short buses. Therefore, you have to walk home tonight and walk tomorrow. Thank you very much. I looked in my overhead mirror and saw 30 mouths drop open. After the many groans subsided, I yelled "april fools!" At least I got a couple of junior high kids to smile this AM.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

That's a good April Fool's livin!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2886191;
    This morning as I was pulling up to the school to drop my students off I made an announcement over the loudspeaker. (school bus)

Attention West students: I will not be able to pick you up tonight after school OR tomorrow morning. My supervisor has sent me to Central (rival school) to give those kids rides because they are short buses. Therefore, you have to walk home tonight and walk tomorrow. Thank you very much. I looked in my overhead mirror and saw 30 mouths drop open. After the many groans subsided, I yelled "april fools!" At least I got a couple of junior high kids to smile this AM.
    Absolutely hilarious

MRD

Great April Fool's joke Livin.

I have not pulled any jokes today. Have not been in a silly mood lately. I've been kind of down in the dumps because of hubby gone, dog problems, car problems, haven't seen the sun until this afternoon for 4 days. Just nothing major, but really hate my husband being gone.

Hubby gets home tomorrow after 10 days, its his birthday tomorrow. It's also my new friends birthday, I have to be at the museum for WWI tomorrow, so hopefully I will have my good mood restored tomorrow. Been kind of minorly depressed, missing hubby, dealing with the dogs - The neighbor PO-ed me bad about that tonight. She ALWAYS lets hers out when mine are out and then gets mad when hers run over here and mine run over there. I've had it and I said loud enough tonight for her to hear me: "Dumb A**!!! You saw mine were out here first!" I really detest this neighbor. But she snatched hers up very indignent and retreated back inside her house. I am just in NO mood for any more right now. I would have taken her on! Do NOT mess with me right now you witch!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm disappointed in me. I didn't pull a single AFD stunt livin4reality, yours was a gem
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

By boss's assistant and I got him today. I emailed him saying that my computer started to smoke last night and I can't even get it to turn on so I can't do my work. I guess it took a couple of minutes for it to click that I was emailing him on a broken computer.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

My daughter has decided to go to cosmotology school which I think she will be very good at. Her "plan" is to go to school, work for a bit and then take college classes towards a business degree and own her own salon one day.

But I digress. We went to the school today to get haircuts (btw, one of the best cuts I think I've had) and there was a senior citizen getting a set and she was so cute. She had a crowd of students around her at all times (I think because she was just so happy and full of life) and when she was finished, almost every student in there made a point of going over and complimenting her. When her home health aide wheeled her out (she was in a wheel chair and it was obvious she has difficulty getting around), she was RADIANT. She smiled at me as they went past and I also told her how nice she looked. She left there feeling like a queen.

My daughter and I were talking about it later and my daughter was saying that since both her stylist and mine were telling us about how many hours they have to have doing cuts, perms, colors, etc. and sometimes how hard it is to get "live" people, that my daughter wants to suggest to the staff that maybe they could take "field trips" to nursing homes to work on the patients. I thought it was a great idea. I know that taking that kind of show on the road may be hard, but what a great way to do something nice for those in nursing homes and also help the students get in their hours and the required types of things they need to do.

Seems like it would be a win-win situation for all.

I know a lot of seniors are on fixed incomes and those in homes sometimes can't leave, but how much nicer it would be to have an occasional hair do. I know it makes me feel good and I think it would the residents of the facilities.

I thought it was a great idea of my daughter's as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2887418;
    My daughter and I were talking about it later and my daughter was saying that since both her stylist and mine were telling us about how many hours they have to have doing cuts, perms, colors, etc. and sometimes how hard it is to get "live" people, that my daughter wants to suggest to the staff that maybe they could take "field trips" to nursing homes to work on the patients.
    Give teenrosiedog a big hug for me. You've raised a total sweetheart. What a wonderful idea!

+ Reply to Thread