+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7282Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2884063;
    Or cayenne in the coffee pot.
    Or a telephone message to return a call to Mr. Lyon with the zoo's phone number.

Anyone have a good joke I can play on my 3 - 6th grade tutees?
    Good Lord, Ellen, not the coffee!

Maybe you should tell them the school has demanded they take a super important pop test--have a list of about ten questions, none of which they would probably know the answers to, nothing you have covered. Tell them they should make their best guess if they don't know as it's really important, you're sorry, you sdidn't make up the test. After you finish, look them over, and declare, "I have bad news--out of all of you are APRIL FOOLS! Then give some kind of silly little prize anyway in case some kids aren't laughing.

Then again, nowadays, I'd be afraid to do any kind of joke, as some parents seem to have no sense of humor.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2884041;
    I love April Fool's day.
    So do I, Unk!

We moved all the clocks in our house ahead on my mom one year-- she drove me halfway to school before noticing that the roads were empty and the clock in the car said 6:30, not 7:30.

Also, salt in the sugar bowl was another favorite.

I'm thinking a fake P&L report should turn up in my boss's inbox tomorrow afternoon.

I imagine that owning a pet is difficult?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2884083;

Maybe you should tell them the school has demanded they take a super important pop test--have a list of about ten questions, none of which they would probably know the answers to, nothing you have covered. Tell them they should make their best guess if they don't know as it's really important, you're sorry, you sdidn't make up the test. After you finish, look them over, and declare, "I have bad news--out of all of you are APRIL FOOLS! Then give some kind of silly little prize anyway in case some kids aren't laughing.

In grade 6 we had to take national CTBS tests that kind of assessed where all grade 6's were in the country. Well on April 1st our teacher comes in tells us we have to redo a section because they didn't print out right and we only have the allotted time to do it. So we all start racing like mad to finish and do our best. Only on the last page.. yup you guessed it, it says APRIL FOOL'S on it. She explicitly told us to make sure we read the entire thing through. We didn't listen

Tomorrow's just another, busy, day for me. Too much to do to think about anything else.

MRD

Glue quarters to the sidewalk with superglue and watch people struggle to pick them up. This one is really funny. People will not pick up a penny anymore, but they will definetly try to pick up a couple quarters. And they can't figure out why they can't pick it up and some will continue to really try.

One year, I moved a coworkers entire desk to her parking space. Even the mat for her chair to roll on. We replaced every item on top of the desk back on it in her parking space. Then we all gathered at the windows and watched her come to work. It was hysterical. She had a great sense of humor and laughed and laughed and laughed. Of course, we had to haul it all back inside, but it was worth it.

I also one year made meatloaf, mashed potatos and steamed zucchini and yellow squash rounds for dinner and a cookie pizza that I made look like the real thing.
    I "iced" the meatloaf with mashed potatos, decorated it with the zuchhini and squash and put birthday candles in it (my husband's birthday is April 2) and put both the pizza and "meatloaf" cake on the table and called them to dinner. My husband laughed, but my daughter who was about 8 at the time was very angry. She hates getting tricked.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

I uploaded more pictures of my AMAZING cherry tree in my FORT site album. I have no idea how to tell you to get to it. I'm guessing you can click on my name and go to profile or something.
    But I got some really great shots of the tree and closeups of the blossoms. This tree has been just absolutely gorgeous this spring.

I just go out on the porch and stare at it. There is another tree blooming next to it, maybe someone can tell me what it is. I posted shots of it and the blooms.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My best April Fools prank was four years ago. I was dating a woman who absolutely loved my mother's potato salad, and she asked me to bring some over for a small cookout that we were going to have on April 1st. I sent her an e-mail that morning that I had made the potato salad but had left it out on the counter, and that Gustav jumped up and licked all of the dressing off of the potatoes At some point during the day, she called and left a message on the machine, chastising Gustav for his bad behavior :nono When I showed up at her house that evening, she chastised me for putting such a valuable commodity at risk.

She was pleased to find out that the potato salad was intact.
    Last edited by Newfherder; 04-01-2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: forgot to check spelling :blush
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Google has an April Fool's joke on their webpage. Click on "Become a Virgle Pioneer". I haven't gone through the whole website, but if you take the questionnaire, you get to a video by Richard Branson inviting you to submit a 30-second video on youtube to finish your application.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jehraen;2881924;
    Thank you very much, Lois Lane. Very nice user name, too.

Well, just to let any friends here know that Nemeses was in a vehicle accident last night (Saturday), and she's in the hospital for at least a few days depending on how fast she recovers. She and her husband went out for dinner with my wife and I last night, and a drunk driver sideswiped their vehicle just as she was getting into the car. It took the door off that side of the vehicle, and she was injured in the right leg, side, and arm when this happened. Her husband literally picked her up in his arms and carried her across the street and down a block to the hospital located there, and his quick actions helped to get her injuries under control quickly. Naturally, the drunken driver kept right on going after hitting their car.

But she's doing well today, though she'll be in the hospital for a few days. Her knee required some surgery, but I understand she should recover fully after a period of recuperation. She's in pain, but in good spirits. The first thing she told my wife when we visited her in the hospital this morning was "at least I got a good meal before coming in here".

So my wife suggested I let her friends here know what happened, as well as at a couple of other community forums that I know she frequents. I'll be happy to update anyone on her progress in a day or two if you want it. And again, if this should be moved to another topic, moderators please feel free to move it, as I don't want to violate any board rules here.

OMG...I am just getting to this. I am so so sorry that she is experiencing this. I am glad that she is okay and hopefully that jack@s* will be caught and punished. Please let her know that she is in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have taken one of our local female news anchors under my wing....and no, this is not an April Fool's joke. She is very good at her job, but she was looking like "doo-wah-diddy's little sister" in her appearance. She was wearing these huge Coke-bottle glasses with lots of jewelry, and everything that you could see above the desk was just wrong. Now, I am not really a fashion maven, but even I was painfully distracted by her appearance; people all around the area had always talked about her tragic appearance. One day, I couldn't take it anymore so I sent her a friendly, gentle email suggesting some changes so that she could not only be the best, but look her best; she emailed back, thanking me for my honesty. The very next day, the changes went into effect!! I've only seen those horrendous glasses once since our "heart-to-heart"! This was several months ago! Well, I've been watching her lately, and all she seems to wear is black and dark gray, with only a momentary day with some complimentary color in it. Yesterday, I couldn't take it any more so I sent her another email about her funereal colors. She just happened to have on pink that day, and she looked really good. I told her that I had tuned in to watch her newscast and couldn't find her since she wasn't in gray or black. Told her how good she looked in the pink and that she should leave some gray and black items for the rest of us around here who might want to buy some of it. She emailed back, thanking me for keeping her in check with humor. She's in a really pretty pastel yellow today!! I am so proud of her!! I call myself her "Fairy Godmother Eyes".

Sure feels good being able to make a positive difference!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread