+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 2524 FirstFirst ... 307071727374757677787980818283848586878889901301805801080 ... LastLast
Like Tree6987Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Rosie, I would think your neighbors are just giving you some time to settle in before barging over.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Myrosiedog, can i just say that i admire your daughter's individuality? It speaks alot about her character. I just hope that she is able to make friends without having to 'convert' to one of them, you know? Im sure you're thinking, "well she's got alot of nerve". But what you wrote about your daughter really stuck out to me.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

myrosiedog, I feel your pain. Hummers and soccer moms and Stepford children, oh my. It's too bad that teenagers have some difficulty in comprehending that their individuality will stand them in good stead in the long run.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    myrosiedog, I feel your pain. Hummers and soccer moms and Stepford children, oh my. It's too bad that teenagers have some difficulty in comprehending that their individuality will stand them in good stead in the long run.
    Exactly...I have a feeling her look and style will be very popular when she goes to college!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Myrosiedog, can i just say that i admire your daughter's individuality? It speaks alot about her character. I just hope that she is able to make friends without having to 'convert' to one of them, you know? Im sure you're thinking, "well she's got alot of nerve". But what you wrote about your daughter really stuck out to me.
    THanks Amy Lee. She's not going to compromise her style. And I'm proud of her for that. She says she can't remember anyone's name because they all look alike, so I said, well they'll all know who you are because you will stand out from the crowd. The only compromise is that she can't have the pierced nose at school due to the school rules. But she has always had a very individual style and she doesn't automatically do what everyone else is doing and I love that in her. She gets that from me because I'm not a lemming either.

I'm not compromising my style either. I am not a soccer mom and am not about to be one. I like my own style and if people don't like me for it, then too bad.

I met a friend from the email group I joined earlier in the summer. She took me around and showed me all the important places (shopping! ) and we had lunch together and it was a nice day. She was so nice and felt like we had been friends forever, so at least I'm making other friends outside the neighborhood.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I had so much fan reading about everyone's "Grandma vs. Coco" stories! Thanks for sharing.

Myrosiedog- You are obviously a FABULOUS parent! (As is Mr. Myrosiedog.) Teenagers are a strange and often cruel mutation of the human species! Hence the "Stepford Syndrome" - God forbid that someone teases THEM mercilessly for standing out or being different from the pack-something they do daily. So they conform. YOUR kid is happy to express what she really likes and scoffs at conformity. Wow. She's way ahead of the pack.

As for your neighbors, sounds like they don't even talk to each OTHER, much less the newbies on the block. Their loss. Besides, Hummer man (AKA Richard Cranium) is most definitely a narcissistic weenie who I imagine is too involved in his active fantasy life to actually form a bond with a neighbor. He is dreaming of having to scrape the adoring women off- "One at a time ladies, there's enough Richard to go around!" I am confident of his character, or lack thereof, because I dated a Hummer boy. I would elaborate, but when you date a Hummer boy, unfortunately there's not a lot to tell.
    Go Tigers!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    I had so much fan reading about everyone's "Grandma vs. Coco" stories! Thanks for sharing.

Myrosiedog- You are obviously a FABULOUS parent! (As is Mr. Myrosiedog.) Teenagers are a strange and often cruel mutation of the human species! Hence the "Stepford Syndrome" - God forbid that someone teases THEM mercilessly for standing out or being different from the pack-something they do daily. So they conform. YOUR kid is happy to express what she really likes and scoffs at conformity. Wow. She's way ahead of the pack.

As for your neighbors, sounds like they don't even talk to each OTHER, much less the newbies on the block. Their loss. Besides, Hummer man (AKA Richard Cranium) is most definitely a narcissistic weenie who I imagine is too involved in his active fantasy life to actually form a bond with a neighbor. He is dreaming of having to scrape the adoring women off- "One at a time ladies, there's enough Richard to go around!" I am confident of his character, or lack thereof, because I dated a Hummer boy. I would elaborate, but when you date a Hummer boy, unfortunately there's not a lot to tell.
    thank you. I think she's turned out well DESPITE my parenting.

I wish I had been more self confident at her age. I wanted to dress differently, but didn't have the guts. Now I don't care and I'm not going to change because we live in Stepford, I mean Greer.

And you are RIGHT! I haven't seen the neighbors talk to each other either, so its not us! Thank you for pointing that out because I really was starting to think it was us.

Yep, I think you are right about hummer guy. From what I've observed (I really should be a private eye or something because I am a good observationist and pay a lot of attention to details about people), he doesn't even get along with wife/girlfriend. And his mannerisms and all just come off as very self absorbed. Although he hasn't driven the hummer all that much. Me thinks the gas is too expensive although its cheaper here than in Florida. I paid $2.74 the other day and almost danced or joy at the pump. We were paying $2.90 in Florida when we left a week ago.''

Hummers don't come with a bumper sticker that says "pretentious A**hole" but they should. Or really, I guess that is a given!

And every night our dog runs over and lifts his leg on the flowers at their mailbox. I've tried to stop him, and hopefully they haven't seen it, but its like an obsession with the dog and that mailbox at night.

Well everyone else I am meeting is more than making up for our weird neighbors, so it'll all work out. Acutally I guess its better that they mind their own business than are in our face all the time.

And yesterday I found the magic road with ALL the shopping from Big Lots to Walmart, Sam's, Home Depot, Kohl's, Goody's, Barnes and Noble, Target, Old Navy and everything in between. It's like a 4 mile stretch of shops and restaruants. I was in heaven! Now if I just had the extra money! But at least I know that when we get settled and expenses calm down, I know where to go and its not that far!
    Last edited by MRD; 08-19-2006 at 06:14 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have been a very busy little monkey climbing trees in my yard and bringing down the dead branches with a pruning saw. I am so scraped, and scratched and bruised.

But I absolutely love it up there. I got to sit on some high branches way over top of the garage and look at the neighborhood. I pretended I was a squirrel. It was really cool. I didn't want to come down except it was hot and I really needed a cold drink It's my fourth tree this week in three days and I'm not done yet. I need a bigger saw. Like a chainsaw. My nice neighbor Mike came over and brought my Dad and I beer so we had an enforced "coffee break". It was so nice.

I also like to sit on the roof of my veranda in amongst the trees too. I can pretend I'm an angel watching over everyone.

Anybody else like to climb trees? I really don't like to be high with sharp unsafe edges, but on the trees or the roof I feel quite safe. My Dad thinks I'm nuts.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Just don't fall out of a tree after the beer...I will be forced to laugh. Not really....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay! For another giggle about my tree experiences, see Stupid Things thread: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...74#post2024074
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread