+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The past few days have made me realize that even the homeless are feeling the effects of the economy, im now being asked for a dollar. That's up by .75 cents and i kid you not.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

I'd say that the homeless have always felt the effects of the economy and like everyone that isn't independently wealthy, it's getting harder for them just like it is for everyone. Probably much harder for them as people tend to give less when they have less to give due to belt tightening.

I know that we've cut back on a lot of things both personal and charitable. Sad, but unfortunately true right now. I still try to give what I can though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2880898;
    I make a habit of sneakily throwing away pencil nubs, no matter where I see them! They drive me crazy!!!
    . . . which lead to you being banned from every miniature golf course in a 75 mile radius after you threw out all of the little pencils that they give out for score-keeping. :nono
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

My office supply guilty pleasure? Colorful paper clips!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Hello all

I'm a bit lost here, and was wondering if someone could point me to where I could just make a small post about one of the members here. She's a personal friend of mine irl and I know she has many friends here -- she's the one who talked me into joining this community. Is it allowed to post just a little note for her friends here to explain that she may be gone for a few days due to being in a vehicle accident? If that's allowed, could someone tell me where I should post that? Still being new here, I don't know what the protocol for that kind of thing is.

Thanks in advance for letting me know if it's allowed and where to post.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

That's awful! I hope your friend is OK. You can post it here, or perhaps in the "Talk About Your Trouble" thread! I hope your friend is OK!!!

(And welcome! We're very glad to have you here!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2881892;
    That's awful! I hope your friend is OK. You can post it here, or perhaps in the "Talk About Your Trouble" thread! I hope your friend is OK!!!

(And welcome! We're very glad to have you here!!!)
    Thank you very much, Lois Lane. Very nice user name, too.

Well, just to let any friends here know that Nemeses was in a vehicle accident last night (Saturday), and she's in the hospital for at least a few days depending on how fast she recovers. She and her husband went out for dinner with my wife and I last night, and a drunk driver sideswiped their vehicle just as she was getting into the car. It took the door off that side of the vehicle, and she was injured in the right leg, side, and arm when this happened. Her husband literally picked her up in his arms and carried her across the street and down a block to the hospital located there, and his quick actions helped to get her injuries under control quickly. Naturally, the drunken driver kept right on going after hitting their car.

But she's doing well today, though she'll be in the hospital for a few days. Her knee required some surgery, but I understand she should recover fully after a period of recuperation. She's in pain, but in good spirits. The first thing she told my wife when we visited her in the hospital this morning was "at least I got a good meal before coming in here".

So my wife suggested I let her friends here know what happened, as well as at a couple of other community forums that I know she frequents. I'll be happy to update anyone on her progress in a day or two if you want it. And again, if this should be moved to another topic, moderators please feel free to move it, as I don't want to violate any board rules here.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Let her know that we will keep her in thoughts and prayers and wish her a speedy recovery. I guess a silver lining would be that now she has plenty of time to keep up with her reality TV shows.

OMG Jehraen that's terrible! I'm glad that everyone is intact. Please tell Nemeses that we are thinking about her and we wish for her full and speedy recovery.

Thanks for letting us know, we are a nosey bunch and she would have been missed.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Oh my goodness! That's horrible, but I am glad Nemeses will recover fully. Feel better, Nemeses!

+ Reply to Thread