+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7124Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have to admit, I am an office supply addict. I think that is really why I started my own business at home. I can buy all the office supplies I want and can take them as business expenses. I have a tub - yes a TUB of old pens and mechnical pencils. and I am constantly filling new cups with new pens I like, and some I don't.
    I have (3) 4 in one printers (but I'm going to hand off a couple to the kids one of these days).
    POST-ITS - omg - every color and size imaginable. I love colored paper.
    I once found a stack of spiral bound journals with blue outboards and a yellow light bulb - almost my logo - and bought a dozen to give to clients for xmas. that was 2 yaers ago and I still have them. I hate giving up my office 'toys'.
    Drawers of hanging folders and file folders of every color. and plastic pocket folders.
    and my little office. 1 current laptop and desktop, and 1 of each old laptop and desktop.

I am an addict. I'm insane about it.
    * I should check my tub for some old papermate pens. wouldn't surprise me at all.

I should check my tub for some old papermate pens. wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Depending on what pens you find, you may be able to make a fortune on FORTbay
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2880621;
    I have to admit, I am an office supply addict. I think that is really why I started my own business at home. I can buy all the office supplies I want and can take them as business expenses. I have a tub - yes a TUB of old pens and mechnical pencils. and I am constantly filling new cups with new pens I like, and some I don't.
    I have (3) 4 in one printers (but I'm going to hand off a couple to the kids one of these days).
    POST-ITS - omg - every color and size imaginable. I love colored paper.
    I once found a stack of spiral bound journals with blue outboards and a yellow light bulb - almost my logo - and bought a dozen to give to clients for xmas. that was 2 yaers ago and I still have them. I hate giving up my office 'toys'.
    Drawers of hanging folders and file folders of every color. and plastic pocket folders.
    and my little office. 1 current laptop and desktop, and 1 of each old laptop and desktop.

I am an addict. I'm insane about it.
    * I should check my tub for some old papermate pens. wouldn't surprise me at all.
    My dad used the yellow legal pads for business for so many years that the whole family is now addicted to them.
    When he and my mom had passed and I was cleaning out a few things, I found a cache of yellow legal pads. There must have been at least 50, no lie!
    I joked that it was my inheritance. I'm now down to about 6 left as I use them all the time myself.

Dad was also addicted to Mont Blanc pens. He had about 6 of them. And they have disappeared. Since he was at my sister's house when he died and the pens were with him, I assume she and her kids got them, but she told me that she had "no idea" what happened to them (and those were some EXPENSIVE pens). Which I know is a lie. My brother wanted one, I wanted one and there were plenty left that she and her kids could have had. Also his navy hat and 3 statues also "disappeared" at her house. Oh well

I am addicted to magnetic lined notepads that I keep on the fridge with a pen for writing shopping lists. The rule in this house is if you use the last of something, put it on the list on the fridge.
    I must have about 4 or 5 of those left and when I see them in the store, my urge to buy more really hits, but I have to control myself.

I have an antique fountain pen of my grandfather's that I use occasionally. I used to have to use fountain pens in the work I used to do and I love how they write. I should get some ink to refill it as I haven't used it in ages. (it does NOT use the cartridges). But I have always loved a good fountain pen and it is definetly an art to be able to write well with them. AND the ink is PERMANENT!

Since I scrapbook, I am addicted to colored scrapbook pens. I must have about 30 of those in various colors and widths. Some sparkly, some gel, some felt.
    So I guess I am addicted to certain office supplies as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Okay, I went to a different Walmart and got my Pedegg! I tried it out and so far so good by unfortunately I have some really rough areas that are going to take some time and effort. I'll be using it daily for a while I'm sure. I also used the emory pad and that helped out too. Maybe by summer I'll have flip flop worthy feet! Plus I just started nursing school and will be on my feet a lot. I need to get some of these calluses under control or I'll really be suffering.

schmoo2, while not on the level you are, I have a lot of supplies too. I have one of those plastic storage cabinets that you can keep in your garage for stuff (tall with three shelves) and it's full of supplies. I also have a plastic bin with lots of little drawers (you find them in the hardware aisle to keep screws and such in) and mine is full of highlighters, glue sticks, markers, staples, etc. It keeps everything little like that organized and easy to find. I also have a cup of pens and pencils. I just got rid of some binders because I have a lot of those too. My son takes supplies back with him to college but I still have an overload it seems. But something about all those supplies makes me feel more organized.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 03-30-2008 at 02:54 PM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Um...I've been collecting office supplies since I was about 12! I think I would've made a great secretary (except for the following orders part! ) 'cause I'm pretty danged organized! I finally threw out a bunch of old pens/markers that had dried out from being so old! But I've got those plastic storage drawers like Archie was talking about full of pens, PostIt notes, Scotch tape, etc. I LOVE IT! I have a home office and the closet is full of perfectly organized office supplies. I like to buy them on sale and then I just never have to worry about not having enough later...it's kind of like my cheap addiction! My husband bought me one of those Dymo turbo label makers (that connect to your computer) and I've been in HEAVEN labeling everything. My cat is running away 'cause I'm thisclose to labeling him, too!

Attachment 23898I use the Sally Hansen thing on my feet. You can buy extra blades as well. What sounds great about the Ped Egg is it collects the dead skin for you. It doesn't end up on the floor beneath where you are sitting.

My twin sinister has always loved stationery items. Loves a new notebook, pen, or anything. I think it's because when we were growing up we didn't have a lot of money. My sweetie and I got into this discussion last night.

My dad would bring home stacks of old minutes of meetings and stuff that was to be shredded (nothing secretive). And we would use the back of those pages to draw, make lists, practice writing, anything. My mom would even cut them up with scissors and staple them,so she had small note paper. I can hardly remember actually buying new stationery growing up except for the necessary things for school. And we always had to re-use whatever we had the next year and so on. No new coloring pencils every year; if it was big enough to hold, you had to use it right down to the itty bitty bits.

For drawing, my Dad would go to the city newspaper, The Journal, and pick up their newspaper end rolls. They were fabulous! It was double newspaper wide, and unrolled forever. We would draw huge pictures of animals and magic kingdoms and stuff. And it was free!

I'm sure one could check with their local major newspaper and still be able to get the end rolls. They are too short to use again! That would be super fun for kids at a party. Just unroll this huge paper down the hallway or sidewalk, give them markers, and let them go wild!
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 06:23 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I make a habit of sneakily throwing away pencil nubs, no matter where I see them! They drive me crazy!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like office supplies too-- I use post its a lot, 3x5 index cards even more, especially for lists that I'm taking with me various places. I will only use mechanical pencils (with .7 mm lead, I'm bad), and I don't like lined paper, so I use lots of computer paper. I think those are two habits I picked up in college. I was a math major, so I used lots of pencil anyway, but I slowly converted to taking notes on white, unlined paper, and by senior year didn't buy a single notebook. I found some colored mechanical pencils which were AWESOME for using in my notes when I wanted to mix things up.

MRD

Miss Kitty,

My mom used to work for a newspaper and would bring home the end rolls for me. They were GREAT! And I was very popular in highschool as I had the paper to make banners for class things and football games and such. I sometimes miss that as it worked for a lot of different things. Even made great wrapping paper in a pinch and if you use raffia to tie it it is very "rustic". I still have a roll that we got a couple years ago from a friend that still worked for the paper. My daughter has used it and used it and used it and so have I and we still have a lot left.

I used to take old crayon pieces and put them in an old, cheap, beatup muffin tin and melt them in the oven and they would make these cool round multi-colored crayons. Great way to recycle all the old bits of crayon.

I have a friend that is a teacher in a very broke school system and they have to buy their own copy paper. She said she was in the copy room the other day and someone had thrown away a huge bunch of messed up copies. She grabbed them out of the can and did what your mom did, cut them up, stapled them together and made notepads.

I reuse stuff all the time. If I have to print directions or something out of the computer that I know I won't need to save, I print it on the back of something else. Just makes more sense than using a fresh sheet of paper every time.

Well the rest of you can come organize me. I have several baskets that started out organized, but are now jumbled with envelopes, tape, staples, paperclips, etc. Mostly because my family can't put anything back the way they found it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2880973;
    I reuse stuff all the time. If I have to print directions or something out of the computer that I know I won't need to save, I print it on the back of something else. Just makes more sense than using a fresh sheet of paper every time.
    Same here. I've found that a lot of the junk mail I get at home is blank on the other side so I straighten it out under some heavy dictionaries and use the blank sides for printing notes/grocery lists etc. at home. At work, they recycle tons of paper that barely has been used. I've started saving all mine and take it home to use. (I asked first. I suggested that we reuse these at work and they didn't want to--but they have no problem with us taking it home to re-use. Then once I've used the other side, I recycle those so I'm kind of doing their job for them...but getting something out of it, too!)

+ Reply to Thread