+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5781Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

This is kind of random, but maybe someone here will have an idea. I have a table lamp next to my bed which has a little pull-string to turn it on and off. Problem is, I pulled it right out of the lamp when I was turning off my light last night (wasn't even pulling hard, it just came flying out). Does anyone have any idea how to fix this, or should I be looking at a replacement? It's a pretty cheap lamp that I got at Ikea a couple years ago, so I'm not really attached to it or anything...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If you are a "I wanna fix it" kind of girl, I'd take it to Lowe's or Home Depot and let them guide you. They are good at doing that, but it really sounds like replacement time to me. I just loooove to fix things!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2879059;
    I'd really like to try a Zebra pen before I purchased one. I've got a collection of Pilot pens that I carry now. You can get about 10 of them for not much money at Sam's Club.
    I don't think you would be happy with the Zebra pens shay. I bought a package at Sam's and ended up giving them away, which isn't hard to do with a wait staff that always needs pens. Most of the people I gave them to liked them but they aren't even close to the Paper Mate pen.
    I will have to say that Parker Jotter pen (style # 78033) I bought is pretty close to the Paper Mate though. Not nearly as fat as the fatter Paper Mate pens, but not quite as slim as the Profile. I think you could use it shay. I'm quite pleased with it.

As far as pens go, I love the uniball Signo micro. It's comfortable for all the writing I do all day. And the micro point is especially nice for proofreading because my proofreader marks and margin notes are legible. AND, the ink binds with the paper, so it doesn't disappear if it gets wet. (It's the ONLY pen I allow for check-writing!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2879547;
    I don't think you would be happy with the Zebra pens shay. I bought a package at Sam's and ended up giving them away, which isn't hard to do with a wait staff that always needs pens. Most of the people I gave them to liked them but they aren't even close to the Paper Mate pen.
    I will have to say that Parker Jotter pen (style # 78033) I bought is pretty close to the Paper Mate though. Not nearly as fat as the fatter Paper Mate pens, but not quite as slim as the Profile. I think you could use it shay. I'm quite pleased with it.
    I just read about the Parker Sonnet Slim, but I haven't seen it or held it. From the picture, I am wondering if it is a twist pen....another thing that I hate. Capped pens are annoying, too. There is a store not too far from here. I guess I need to make a visit. Is the Jotter a twist?

How ridiculous is it to be so neurotic about a pen.....I ask you?? This is downright embarassing, but it is what it is, I guess.

OK, so I just read up on the Parker Sonnet prices.....like $80 and higher. Scratch that!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-29-2008 at 07:18 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2878647;
    check out Canadian shipping. You have to go through the whole process and then on the very last page they show you that your total is $30!!!
    I was quite happy to pay $14 for it at Walmart.

I forgot about Canadian shipping fees, etc.

I too went to the site to order the 2-for-1 and decided against it.

It would have been $10 for the ped-egg, with $6.99 shipping. The second ped-egg would be free, but I would have to pay an additional $6.99 shipping. Total cost $23.98. No mention if the lotion was included in there either. Hmmmm. Thinking too that it would probably take 6-10 weeks to ship sealed the deal for me. No thanks.

I am heading to Walmart tomorrow in my quest. If it isn't there, I'll hit Target, CVS, or LNT and BBB! I want one NOW.

AndI still won't do hubby's feet. He can do his own! Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2879586;
    Is the Jotter a twist?
    Nope, it's the same as the Paper Mate. About $4 at WallyWorld. I honestly think you'll like it.

I really dislike WallyWorld, but I will go. I'm only stressing myself like this because I think it's possible that you may understand my neurosis.

Does anyone remember the little dance that Granny Clampett used to do with Jed Clampett when they had a party on The Beverly Hillbillies?? She moved like a little penguin. There is some classical gospel music playing with just the right beat. I have the overwhelming desire to get up and do the dance!! That may just calm my pen OCD this evening!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2879665;
    I really dislike WallyWorld, but I will go.l
    You ought to be able to buy it at Staples or Office Max.

MRD

And here I'm thinking that I must be BEHIND the times, have to keep up with the Jones and just genreally feeling inadequte because I just use plain old bic rollerballs if I buy them. Most of my pens came from other places because they have advertising on them. And I don't buy pens often.

I was thinking, man, I have to go buy pens now because I am the black and white tv in a world of flatscreens as far as pens go.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread