+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6151Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2877860;
    I picked up my Ped Egg about 6 weeks ago at Walmart.. you know I went all over town looking for the silly thing (it was about $30 to order it online) And where do I find it?? Standing in the check out line at Walmart. Where they have all of the impluse items, go figure LOL
    Ped Egg Official Site, As Seen On TV

On their website it is listed as being $10 plus $6.99 S&H, but at that price you get TWO ped-eggs plus the lotion. (And you get to see Kelly and John from TAR on the commercial )

I am thinking of going this route since, like MRD, the thought of doing hubby's feet makes me shudder!

I like hearing that some things actually are worth it. Sometimes I see things on infomercials and think they will be great and, more often than not, I am disappointed after buying them!

I'm going to recommend the Zebra pens again since this thread moves so fast. Also for your nose (brunette trixie?) I swear by Puffs Plus tissues. You never get nose burnout in the first place. I want to request that egg thing from my kids for mother's day/birthday but it keeps being referred to by different names here. Is it Ped Egg, Pedi Egg? What kind of packaging does it come in? I now have huge respect for anyone who has ever had to use crutches. AT 50 years old, this is my first time ever and it is a huge inconvenience. Just getting my coffee from the kitchen to the computer was a huge ordeal. Luckily I can still drive, but getting into the car is next to impossible. I found the crossbar piece to the wooden crutch, but no pin to keep it in place so I doubled up some wire and strung it through, anchoring the wire through the next hole down. So far that's working ok, but my arm pits hurt! Waaaah On the up side though, there is no possibility of me doing laundry so I'm going to have my son show Dan how to do his and my daughter is just going to have to do her own in spite of a possible snake siting or go without (she has enough clothes that this is a possibility). My older daughter is coming home this weekend if she can get a standby flight. I'll have her do my grocery shopping for me. I have my Little Sister this morning so I'll see if she's game to help me go to the dump. She loves the dump because they have a "free room" - there may even be a pair of crutches there.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Mama C I know what you mean, we got that device that was supposed to peel hardboiled eggs in one motion. Did NOT work AT ALL.

I honestly cannot say enough good things about the Pedi Egg. Just it getting rid of the one callous alone was worth it to me. I've been trying to get rid of that thing for MONTHS!
    I haven't had a salon pedicure in probably 2 years, but now I don't need one. My feet look darn good just from the vaseline and pedi egg and it was much cheaper than getting a pedicure. I know, I like being pampered, but we have had to cut the budget and things like pedicures got cut out of the budget. Now I can feel pampered for next to nothing.

Gut, you need the cross piece because you put the weight on your hands not your armpits. Hopefully you can find free crutches at the dump. and yeah, they SUCK. I hated having to use them. You can't carry anything and I'm not all that graceful anyway so I always felt I was one fall away from making things much worse by using crutches.
    I hope you feel better soon.

Those kids should be doing their own laundry anyway! I only do mine and my husband's. My daughter has been doing hers for about 5 years now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2878330;
    . . . it keeps being referred to by different names here. Is it Ped Egg, Pedi Egg? . . .
    I checked on the Web site: the correct name and spelling is PedEgg.

Regarding the aching armpits from the crutches:
    Even with non-McGuyvered crutches, the pits can still be a'painin'. One thing that helped me during my various forays into the crutch world was rolling up washcloths to add extra cushioning to both the pit pads (and even the hand grips, if the rubber gets funky or is uncomfortable).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2878203;
    Ped Egg Official Site, As Seen On TV

On their website it is listed as being $10 plus $6.99 S&H, but at that price you get TWO ped-eggs plus the lotion. (And you get to see Kelly and John from TAR on the commercial )

check out Canadian shipping. You have to go through the whole process and then on the very last page they show you that your total is $30!!!
    I was quite happy to pay $14 for it at Walmart.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2878647;
    check out Canadian shipping. You have to go through the whole process and then on the very last page they show you that your total is $30!!!
    I was quite happy to pay $14 for it at Walmart.
    Canadian shipping kills!! That, and customs!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Thank you gabriel for that link! Well, things are looking up. Dan is doing his own laundry after a brief tutorial from me complete with diagrams and drawings. My Little Sister loaded everything into the car for the dump and unloaded everything when we got to the dump. What a trooper! I didn't have to get out of the car from the time I picked her up until we got back home after the dump... AND !!! she found me a pair of crutches the right size in the free room! So much more comfortable now that they're not rammed up into my armpits. We spent the rest of our time playing Rummy which is what I taught her when she was on crutchs a month ago from a septic leg infection. So now I don't think I have any more plans for the day unless my daughter comes home from Florida which she was planning to do if she could find a flight with promising stand-by status.
    Count your blessings!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Gutmutter, I'm so glad you found some crutches the right size. That will make it more bearable to get through.
    I bought a Walgreens brand Callus Remover that works wonders. I haven't seen the PedEgg but it sounds similar. The Callus Remover has the "grater" on one side and a black file on the other side. It has a rubber handle so it's easy to hold. I let my feet get roughed up over the winter so I've really been using it alot the past few days. I also tried the vasoline trick and does that ever make a huge difference! If the PedEgg works as well as or better than my device, then I would recommend getting one. Here's to us all having pretty feet!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The Ped-Egg kind of resembles a computer mouse. Most of them are white, but I have seen a platinum model...which is somewhat of an opalescent black. The Ped-Egg fits right into your hand...no handle, and the scraped off skin collects inside the egg. There are black file sheets that can be attached to the bottom of the egg, for further work, but I haven't felt the need to use them.

One thing that I discovered last night is that you can buy replacement blades for the Ped-Egg if you need them.

The packaging is that killer, clear, sharp stuff that could probably be classified as a surgical instrument.

I'd really like to try a Zebra pen before I purchased one. I've got a collection of Pilot pens that I carry now. You can get about 10 of them for not much money at Sam's Club. I hate that they are filled with what I describe as disappearing ink. If your paper gets wet, good-bye notations/signature.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread