+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7285Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2875709;
    Dang it! I was just waiting for my computer which is sssllllooowww today to post something I wrote and decided to run downstairs and start a load of laundry. 2 steps from the bottom my knee gave out and I crashed into the cement wall with my elbow. Now I have a bloody scraped up elbow, but worse... my knee kills!!! It hasn't gone out in several years but I'm hoping that's all it was and will right itself ow! I did nautilus and swimming this morning without any problem! I'm home because we're having a snow day.
    Oh gut, I hope you will be ok. That is an awful feeling when the knee gives out. I've had it happen before too. Hope you will be ok. Go ice it right now!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

but - congrats on your 4000th post Gutmutter.

CCL

Oh, Gutmutter! Hope you get better soon.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I hope your knee gets to feeling better real soon, Gutmutter.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2875713;
    but - congrats on your 4000th post Gutmutter.
    Oooh la la! I didn't even notice! Thanks!
    Count your blessings!

Ouch Gut! I hope you taught those stairs a lesson!

I'm all in a lather this morning and I don't get mad easily...I went for my swim this morning and there were two young guys there in addition to the usual 7 AM lane swim crowd. The pool is split into two sections--faster lane and slower lane. Each large lane has three smaller lanes and everyone is supposed to swim to the other end in the middle smaller lane and back on either of the two outer lanes. I've been swimming there for a year and everyone follows the plan and all goes well. This morning these two young guys were RACING in the slower line (side by side) and generally making a nuisance of themselves. Twice I had to stop in my lane and move over to the wall because one of them was coming right at me and I saw one older gentleman leave the pool shaking his head and muttering. The lifeguard usually takes care of nuisance swimmers, but she seemed oblivious so I mentioned to them (I was still civil at this point) that it would be appreciated if they could stick to their lane and stop swimming side by side. They just scoffed with a 'whatever' and continued their racing. As I was leaving, I noticed the guys chatting with the lifeguard and it was obvious they were all friends and knew each other from school. I talked to the manager on the way out (it takes a LOT to get me to complain about anything) and he promised to take care of it but it irks me that there are inconsiderate snots like that out there and lifeguards who disregard patrons safety and enjoyment of the facility to impress their friends.

OK, done.
    Don't let the small things sweat

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2875695;
    Can you refill the canister? I have a swiffer and I just buy a different brand of solution and refill my canister.
    Unfortunately, the canister was aerosol and uniquely shaped -- of course, so nothing else fits there! And I am just too stubborn to purchase a whole new mop - so I find other ways to use my mop that has no canister. I'll show them...

Gut - feel better soon! Sounds painful!

Ouch! Sounds like you're fortunate you only crashed into the wall with your elbow - you could have crashed into the wall with your head!!! I hope your knee and elbow start feeling better soon. Sounds like you need a day of pampering! Enjoy your snow day. I think our snow days are over for this year.

Spoose - sorry for your hassle this morning and for the lifeguard who wasn't doing his job. I know our early morning lap swimmers all have favorite lanes and when someone comes who doesn't know the drill, it can put a crimp in your style. I hope you weren't the only one who complained and I hope the lifeguard gets spoken to. As for my knee, I took Motrin and have ice on it. As long as I'm seated, I'm fine, but when I get up to let the dog out (who of course got twisted around a little tree shoot 15 feet from the door) or check the soup, I am in major pain. As far as I know I don't have any obligations this weekend and hope ice and rest will do the trick. Thanks for everyone's concern.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, I'm sorry about your knee and elbow. Every once in a while my knee does that and once or twice my back has gone out, which is even more painful.

Spoose, I hope you have a better experience next time at the pool. It's really disappointing that there are people who just can't seem to care about following the rules.

+ Reply to Thread