+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I knew your hubby was Army mrd. But you know RT 41 outside the gates of Ft. Campbell KY isn't exactly a kindergarten either. :nono I was actually poking a little fun at the jarheads.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2872135;
    I knew your hubby was Army mrd. But you know RT 41 outside the gates of Ft. Campbell KY isn't exactly a kindergarten either. :nono I was actually poking a little fun at the jarheads.
    My cousin was stationed at Ft. Campbell for 2 years and he could not WAIT to get out of that place. He said Ft. Campbell was the part of the anatomy I can't mention of the US.

So since my husband has said that about both Ft. Bragg and Camp LeJeune and my cousin has said that about Ft. Campbell, is it a safe assumption that most towns that house military bases are similar???
    Although, I've been to a couple Air Force towns that didn't seem that bad. Hmm, maybe it's just the Army and Marines? And the Navy too, I forgot I've been to Jacksonville Naval Air Station, Key West Navy base and Pensacola Naval Air station and they were kind of icky too.

But hey, they wouldn't have that stuff if there wasn't a demand for it now would they?

Unk, my husband routinely pokes fun at jarheads (and they poke back! )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2872153;
    But hey, they wouldn't have that stuff if there wasn't a demand for it now would they?
    I've spent some time in Clarks-Vegas Clarksville Tn. That's the town outside Ft. Campbell. My buddy was stationed there plus my sister lives in Dickson Tn. which is only about 30 minutes away. I've been to a few of the honky tonks and such on Highway 41.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2872199;
    I've spent some time in Clarks-Vegas Clarksville Tn. That's the town outside Ft. Campbell. My buddy was stationed there plus my sister lives in Dickson Tn. which is only about 30 minutes away. I've been to a few of the honky tonks and such on Highway 41.
    Did you take the "last train to Clarksville"? (sorry, couldn't resist. Everytime I hear that town mentioned, I think of that Monkee's song. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2872153;
    My cousin was stationed at Ft. Campbell for 2 years and he could not WAIT to get out of that place. He said Ft. Campbell was the part of the anatomy I can't mention of the US.

So since my husband has said that about both Ft. Bragg and Camp LeJeune and my cousin has said that about Ft. Campbell, is it a safe assumption that most towns that house military bases are similar???
    Although, I've been to a couple Air Force towns that didn't seem that bad. Hmm, maybe it's just the Army and Marines? And the Navy too, I forgot I've been to Jacksonville Naval Air Station, Key West Navy base and Pensacola Naval Air station and they were kind of icky too.
    I went to school up in Brunswick, Maine, and the Brunswick Naval Air Station was down the road a little bit. Brunswick is a generally nice town (popular among retirees also, as they are able to take advantage of being near the college), although the base is scheduled to close sometime within the next several years. Across the street, there's this 1950's style drive in burger joint-- the Fat Boy. Just thinking about it makes me want a burger from there.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2872097;
    . . . turds on his pillow.
    "Turds on My Pillow" -- isn't that a 1958 doo-wop song by Little Anthony and the Imperials?
    (or would that be doo-doo wop?)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2871408;
    I promise you it will kill you when you get your Ped-Egg after you realize the difference there is between it and the "sandpaper" thing. It is amazing! I've even got a lava stone, which I found to be pretty great, and the Ped-Egg even puts that to shame.

Glad you liked the Vaseline. That stuff has been around for years for a reason, huh? I've got some generic petroleum jelly with Aloe and Vitamin E from Rite Aid that has a nice smell that I've grown to love.

It's the tiny, nice things that you do for yourself that make things so much better!

We don't have Walgreen's anywhere near here. I should check CVS, Target, Walmart, etc., because I really want to try it.

Every time I see that commercial on TV for the Ped-Egg, I crack up seeing Kelly and John from TAR #4 scraping that stuff off their feet! (Guess they did get married, since she refers to him as her husband)

The TV commercial advertises getting two for the $10, plus S&H. Will have to check out the ped-egg website.

Just catching up on several pages and would like to humbly suggest for those missing their favorite discontinued pen, that you check out Zebra brand "click" pens. They come in black, blue, and red. My daughter noticed all the flight instructors using them when she started flying and requested one for Christmas thinking they were expensive pens. I found them at Walmart and Brooks/Rite Aid and put several in her stocking and a couple in mine. Since then, I have given them as gifts in Africa. They are the ONLY pen I use now. I have about 6 in my purse, 4 at school, 2 or 3 at every place around my house where I might sit and need a pen, and refills in the kitchen junk drawer. I always look for them when there are back to school sales. I believe they also make a mechanical pencil, but I'm not big on those (I always snap the lead). I'm currently mourning my absolute favorite thing in the world - Tree Hut Shea Butter with Brazil Nut. Smells like heaven should. Walmart used to carry it and I haven't looked yet to see if it's discontinued or if it is just not available locally. I have 1/4 tub left after consolidating all my tub scrapings. I can't even bear to throw the empty tubs away. At least I can open them and smell them if I never get the product again.
    Count your blessings!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2872373;
    "Turds on My Pillow" -- isn't that a 1958 doo-wop song by Little Anthony and the Imperials?
    (or would that be doo-doo wop?)
    That is disgusting... (the title...) And too funny.

If I found turds on my pillow...I'd have to move into a new house!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I adore shea butter! Never heard of the product you're talking about, but I do see that they sell it at drugstore.com with free s/h when you spend $25. I just may have to check it out!

Actually, it looks like they sell it from all kinds of places on the internet, but I'm a sucker for free s/h!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-27-2008 at 11:41 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread