+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5668Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well after the discussion the other day about pedicures, I got really serious about using vaseline on my feet. I've been doing it twice a day for 3 days now and I CANNOT BELIEVE the difference in just 3 days. I've had to wear socks night and day for 3 days, but that's ok because it has really helped a LOT.
    Will probably cut back to just at night because now I feel like I can wear sandals during the day!!!! It has made THAT big a difference.

Saw the pediegg at Walgreens today. Am putting it on my wish list for upcoming birthday and Mother's day. Until then, I can just use that thing I already have that has the handle and the sandpaper.

But wow, the vaseline treatment has really worked.

Have to banish Waldo when I put it on as he thinks I'm applying it just so he can lick it off my tootsies.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2870475;
    I just have to give my son the "look" and he will end whatever he's doing wrong. He knows he can only push me so far before I will explode and no one likes it when I explode!
    That's what "the look" is for.. stops them in their tracks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh Mona! She gave a good look gabriel!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Man, if I wore my Mona shirt AND pointed my finger, I could probably have UNLIMITED power!

I want a Mona shirt!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2870546;
    Hubby is working in Jacksonville, NC this week. Home of Camp LeJuene Marine base.
    Semper Fi I lived with my brother at Cherry Point NC MCAS and went over to Camp LeJuene once with his wife to hit the PX as Cherry Point is tiny. I on't remember anything about it though except it was huge compared to Cherry Point.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2870653;
    Well after the discussion the other day about pedicures, I got really serious about using vaseline on my feet. I've been doing it twice a day for 3 days now and I CANNOT BELIEVE the difference in just 3 days. I've had to wear socks night and day for 3 days, but that's ok because it has really helped a LOT.
    Will probably cut back to just at night because now I feel like I can wear sandals during the day!!!! It has made THAT big a difference.

Saw the pediegg at Walgreens today. Am putting it on my wish list for upcoming birthday and Mother's day. Until then, I can just use that thing I already have that has the handle and the sandpaper.

But wow, the vaseline treatment has really worked.

Have to banish Waldo when I put it on as he thinks I'm applying it just so he can lick it off my tootsies.

I promise you it will kill you when you get your Ped-Egg after you realize the difference there is between it and the "sandpaper" thing. It is amazing! I've even got a lava stone, which I found to be pretty great, and the Ped-Egg even puts that to shame.

Glad you liked the Vaseline. That stuff has been around for years for a reason, huh? I've got some generic petroleum jelly with Aloe and Vitamin E from Rite Aid that has a nice smell that I've grown to love.

It's the tiny, nice things that you do for yourself that make things so much better!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My somewhat-spoiled little brother's household job was to take out the trash. One time he didn't, and Mom told him that if he didn't take the trash out by XX o'clock, she'd put the trash on his bed. Little Brother didn't take the trash out by the designated time, and sure enough, Mom spread the trash out over his bed. After having to take out the trash AND launder his own sheets/pillowcases/blanket/etc., Little Brother never missed trash time again!

(Mom always made good on her threats! In fact, her philosophy is to threaten wisely: never make a threat you can't carry out, and ALWAYS carry out your threats.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I've put the trash on my son's bed before too. He was none too happy about that! The worst is the cat poop. If he doesn't do it first thing in the morning before leaving for school, he comes home to a couple turds on his pillow.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Unk, I really doubt my hubby is saying "Semper Fi" this week. Number one, he is Army and the Army and Marines are like Florida and Florida State or Ohio State and Michigan. and 2, he says Jacksonville is a part of the anatomy I cannot mention of the entire US of A and he has NOT been very happy to be there.

I know LeJeune is huge. Never been there, but I dated a Marine before I started dating my husband and the marine boyfriend used to talk about LeJeune quite a bit. I'm reasonably sure its the biggest Marine base in the US.
    Hubby says that so far in 3 days he's seen more hookers and (the outside) of strip clubs than he has in the last 25 years.
    He said that one of the guys he's with remarked that the reason there's so many clubs is that it reminds the guys of what they are going to go fight for in Iraq: booze and broads. That's a GREAT thought isn't it?

Phroshay,

I've used vaseline before for various things and it is a wonder product. I've even used it on my feet before, but not consistantly. But then again, I've never had such rough feet as I've had since moving here. I guess the humidity in Florida and walking barefoot on the beach kept my feet in much better condition. (nothing like that natural sand scrub you get at the beach. )
    My mom was on oxygen for several years and swore by the medicated vaseline for her irritated nose from the oxygen tubing.
    Oh, I can't wait to get a pediegg now. I may have to splurge (a whole $9.99) and get one sooner than my birthday.
    I want sandal worthy feet and soon! Because sandal weather is here. Going to be 75 tomorrow!

Buglover and Ellen, that is cruel! But highly effective and a very good idea! I have put junk on the bed before that I wanted my husband or daughter to put away that had been sitting around for ages. They had to put it away to get in bed.
    I am NOT putting turds or trash on my husband's pillow though. I have to sleep in the same bed!

+ Reply to Thread