+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6151Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Yea, I'd get irritated too if it were upped that much!

Mr buglover loves eBay. He lives on there. He likes to win at everything so I'm sure that's why he buys little things alot!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2870326;
    Yea, I'd get irritated too if it were upped that much!

Mr buglover loves eBay. He lives on there. He likes to win at everything so I'm sure that's why he buys little things alot!
    It can be a real high when you win something for a good price.
    Mr. Rosie has discovered that he can buy his work tools there are fairly good prices. Usually better than Home Depot or Lowe's.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2869841;
    When he wouldn't get up in the mornings for school without me calling him over and over and over again, I finally poured water in his face from my ever-present water bottle. He came up blowing and spitting, like somebody had dunked him! I only had to do that once, too.

I don't play fair. Never have!
    I'm loving this! I don't play fair either & it was a widely known fact when my three oldest kids were in their teens. They and their friends were very leary if I had a water glass within reach. Swear or have a smart mouth in front of mom and you're going to get wet. Some of their friends got to the point of checking to see if I had a glass within reach as soon as they came in the house.
    One young man in particular didn't believe I would do it. I didn't appreciate his mouth or his language and on his first time here I let him know that (they always got a verbal warning first, but only one). On his next visit he became quite cocky and was warned by my son and their other friends, that I wasn't playing. After I heard him say, "she wouldn't have the balls to do it", I proceeded into the kitchen and filled the biggest pitcher I had with ice & water. He was laughing at me as I came back into the living room and didn't even notice the rest of the guys backing up. He ended up quite wet and very embarrassed. The rest of the boys were laughing saying I told you so. Needless to say I never had a problem with his mouth again!
    A little unconventional, maybe, but they never forgot it. They are all in their early 20's now, and the friends still look for those glasses of water. Occasionally they will joke about it & let loose a swear word just to get a reaction. But they all take off as soon as I reach for that glass, hollering "Sorry Sherri", on their way out of the door!

I just have to give my son the "look" and he will end whatever he's doing wrong. He knows he can only push me so far before I will explode and no one likes it when I explode!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Apparantly I have a magic finger (no not THAT one. ) and all I've ever had to do was point and whoever it is straightens up but fast! Except for my daughter. We have to argue a bit before I win.
    But even she has said to people before, beware my mom's finger, she points that thing and people do what she says.

It really does work. I use it on the kids at the museum and they usually straighten up. I've used it on kids out and about and it works on them too. I don't know what it is, but I have the power in the point!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2870262;
    But the extra $3 wouldn't bother me that much because I would allow for $3 for packing costs, but about $3 would be my limit for an overcharge. It's when it ships for $2 and they charged $12 that I get irritated.
    Exactly. I used to charge about $5 to ship a small package and it generally broke down like this:

$1.70 for the actual postage
    75 cents for the bubblemailer at Target
    $1.50 for the insurance (the exact amount that the post office charged)
    60 cents or whatever it was the post office charged for delivery confirmation

That's $4.55 in ACTUAL costs. I made 45 cents "profit" and people complained. And I always listed ALL THAT in the ads so people knew what they were paying for.

I actually don't care if it only costs someone $1 to ship something to me and they charge me $12 in shipping/handling costs as long as the total of what I pay is a deal for me. From what I understand, sellers have to pay ebay a percentage of whatever their item sells for. Ebay doesn't count the Shipping costs. I think that's why some people will list things for a penny and have the shipping cost $12 or what not. Then they only have to pay a percentage of that penny. I HATE ebay so if ebay gets less money, I'm all for it.

Anyhow, I don't buy anything on ebay anymore. I hate them!!!

Gees...where'd all this ebay anger come from?!!!

We've all had some bad experiences on eBay Lois! Buying and selling....it's a shame because it used to be so wonderful.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Tell us how you REALLY feel Lois.

Hubby is working in Jacksonville, NC this week. Home of Camp LeJuene Marine base.
    He says he thought Fayetteville, NC was bad, but this is worse (he lived in and around Fayetteville home of Ft. Bragg for 4 years).

The company secretary made the hotel reservations and they did not check in until late (they arrived and went straight to work). He said he's not stayed in that bad of a motel in over 25 years!!! Said they watched the hookers stroll through the parking lot for entertainment. They couldn't find another motel that night, but have sinced moved to a better one in a better part of town.
    But the guys that are working with him keep wanting to visit the topless bars and he is their ride and refuses to go, so you know he's REAL popular right now.
    But he says that its basically the Food Lion where they are working and a bunch of topless bars.
    He can't wait to get home. Says he will NEVER go back there again unless he absolutely has too.
    Last edited by MRD; 03-26-2008 at 06:06 PM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2870546;
    Tell us how you REALLY feel Lois.
    I think I need a nap. I've been cranky all day. I can't believe I got all worked up about ebay!

bug, I heard ebay used to be a great place to get bargains. I think I missed that era. For me, it's been just easier (and less stressful) to throw out or donate my junk...

mrd, wow, it must be bad if your husband is complaining about it. He never complains about anything!!

Lois, I've been extra cranky lately too. I can't sleep at night for about 3 nights now. Impossible to fall asleep, then once I do, I wake up sweating and kick off covers, etc. Blah...
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread