+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Sorry for the double post, but I am on a RANT!

Why oh why can't anyone in this house take the garbage out? They stack stuff on top of the full garbage can like we are playing some intricate balance game. AND empty water bottles, etc. before putting them out for recycling. I just dumped almost a whole bottle of water all over me trying to get the garbage and recyling out. And because of the stacking thing, coffee grounds are now all over the floor.

BUT YET, it's all MY FAULT because I haven't filled out the YMCA application (our membership is up for renewal).

The ONLY way I even understand that reasoning is that I'm dealing with a teenager.
    They have teenage impaired reasoning that only THEY understand. ARGH!!!

OK, rant over.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I bought and sold stuff briefly on ebay a while ago but it was such a hassle I stopped. I found that most of the buyers were a pain in the butt to deal with. They would want to pay me less than the actual postage. And yes, I had it stated clearly in my ads what the shipping and handling cost was and what the money was going towards (postage, the padded envelopes, packing peanuts or bubblewrap, delivery confirmation and insurance). I think I profitted about 50 cents per package. Whooppee. Even if I shipped it the same day they paid me, they would say that I shipped it too slow--even though I had proof of when I received their payment and the post office's receipt for when I shipped their package. It stressed me out so much that I actually just donated all my junk to Goodwill and Salvation Army. I know some people said they made good money selling stuff there but it was too much hassle for me and left a bad taste in my mouth. Some would leave horrible feedback for you if you didn't lower the S/H cost. (I never did. Leave me bad feedback! I knew I was stopping anyhow so it didn't matter.) Now I guess ebay's sellers can't leave negative feedback for the buyers, which I think is so stupid. I know there must be rotten sellers on there too, but for someone just trying to make a buck or two, dealing with those type of buyers is horrible!

I shouldn't say that all the buyers were bad. Out of maybe 50 sales, about 1/5 of them were idiots or thieves. The others were fine. But that 1/5 made it a really unpleasant experience for me!

mrd, if you stopped emptying the garbage, would the teen take it out? I mean if you completely put your foot down!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I remembering getting my son up out of bed in the middle of the night to complete a chore that he had been warned to do, and that he knew was his, but ignored. It was 1:30 a.m. on a school night. I had had all I was going to take. He got the hint, and we didn't have to do that again!

When he wouldn't get up in the mornings for school without me calling him over and over and over again, I finally poured water in his face from my ever-present water bottle. He came up blowing and spitting, like somebody had dunked him! I only had to do that once, too.

I don't play fair. Never have!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think that is where the handling charges come in. I always thought that was for boxes, peanuts, whatever. But really, I think some sellers inflate the S/H price. I don't bid on those items.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Lois, that bites. I have to say that the little bit I have sold on ebay, I had very good buyers and I still have a 100% positive rating. But I never sold all that much. I have heard other horror stories like yours though.

As for the teen. We are still working out the division of labor while hubby is out of town. He normally has been the garbage man in the house. But with him gone, we are having to divide his chores. SHE came up with a chore wheel and it was actually a great idea in theory. Getting it done, is a different story.
    I still maintain that if it is NOT your day for garbage and you see the can is overflowing, what does it hurt to empty it? Apparantly it hurts a lot.

We have had a meeting of the minds today about this and she is NOT going to go to a concert on Sat. if she does not do her chores. I've made it very clear. As of right now, she is cleaning, but if the garbage has to sit and be like it was this morning, then no concert even though she paid for the tickets with her own money. Mom HAS spoken!

Stick to your guns MRD! And my kids (14 & 17) can't empty the kitchen trash cause it's too haaarrrdd. We've have several "training sessions" about this very topic. Although they do take it to the curb weekly. (They switch off months.)

DD is in for another little surprise. She is going to be learning to mow this summer. She has already started moaning about it. I have no sympathy for her. When I was 10 I was out mowing our acre of land...well it seemed like an acre. It was a huge yard.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Can I rant for a moment over a discontinued product? L'oreal had a moisturizer called Nutrissime - been using it for a few years now. Fabulous stuff. So fabulous, that Real Simple magazine named it "best drug store moisturizer" a few months ago. Now - cannot locate it anywhere. I searched for an hour on all types of sites, and nothing. Ebay - sold out; Amazon.com - sold out; drugstore.com - sold out; etc... I finally e-mailed the company to ask about this - and they have just responded to let me know that it was a difficult decision, but they discontinued it. Ummm.... I don't get it. A very popular magazine rates your product as #1 and so you stop making it???? The hell???

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2869883;
    I think that is where the handling charges come in. I always thought that was for boxes, peanuts, whatever. But really, I think some sellers inflate the S/H price. I don't bid on those items.

eBay actually has a policy against this kind of price gauging. If you report them something is done about it, I don't know what.. but something.

Sometimes the sellers do build some of the cost for the item into the shipping price but I make sure I look at the overall price. Sometimes, when things are shipped from the US I prefer to pay higher handling charges than the product purchase price because when the item is "imported" to Canada from the US (or anywhere) we have to pay taxes and duty on it, (over a certain price) so by paying higher handling and lower product price I can slip by Canada Customs and Revenue and still get the great deal without losing it to tarrifs.

On the other hand grifters who charge $3 to ship in the US but $20 to ship to Canada tick me off!! I just had a lady charge me $11 shipping on a dress that might cost her $4 to ship. If that's the case when the item arrives I'll be demanding a partial refund.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I've had similar experiences with eBay. I buy something and the S&H is $5. When it arrives, it was shipped for $2 right on the package.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2870239;
    I've had similar experiences with eBay. I buy something and the S&H is $5. When it arrives, it was shipped for $2 right on the package.
    But the extra $3 wouldn't bother me that much because I would allow for $3 for packing costs, but about $3 would be my limit for an overcharge. It's when it ships for $2 and they charged $12 that I get irritated.

+ Reply to Thread