+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 2419 FirstFirst ... 286869707172737475767778798081828384858687881281785781078 ... LastLast
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Myrosiedog, congrats on the move! Your neighbors sound...well...aloof. Enjoy a day of NOT unpacking tomorrow and get some rest! Great to have you back with us!

myrosiedog so glad you made to your new beautiful town. I have neighbors like that too....they don't know what they're missing, Oh by the way, they drive a BIG SUV also.....must be something about SUV's....he he

Get some rest tomorrow....you deserve it....been a long journey for you
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Everyone has been really friendly except for our neighbors. I don't understand. They ALL turned out on Mon. to cut their grass. It actually got quite funny after a while. We wondered if Mon was the official grass cutting day or if they were just checking us out. There are 7 houses on our street including ours and out of those 7, 5 of us where outside late Mon. afternoon. No one came over or even said hello which I thought was odd as everyone keeps telling me how friendly their neighbors are.
    That's too funny! I was out Monday evening cutting grass & edging, then my idiot neighbor came home and decided to cut his grass too. The new college boys on the other side came outside to watch the world go by around the same time. Monday just must have been yard work day. I didn't talk to any of them...when I'm covered in sweat and grass, I tend not to socialize.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    myrosiedog so glad you made to your new beautiful town. I have neighbors like that too....they don't know what they're missing, Oh by the way, they drive a BIG SUV also.....must be something about SUV's....he he

Get some rest tomorrow....you deserve it....been a long journey for you
    Well, big, expensive Hummer guy came roaring up the hill last night in his mustang (they have a hummer, lexus and new mustang) around 11:30. I had the dogs out in the back. He squealed the tires into our street and revved the engine and squealed the tires again into their driveway and then I heard door slams and her yelling at him. So, hmmm, all must not be well in hummerland. .

I swear with the size of the Hummer he has (it is freaking HUGE) he has to be compensating!

Well I've decided that when I get rested and unpacked if no one has spoken to us still (everyone else we know lives in a neighborhood where they brought casseroles for the new neighbors, of course, "everyone else" always has this happen. "everyone else" is a lucky person! ) then I am going to make cookies and go around the cul-de-sac and introduce myself and hand them all cookies. If they can't be neighborly, then its up to me right?

Although Hummerguy just looks and acts like a Richard Cranium anyway. If you don't know what that means, PM me. I'm not sure the mods would let me put the actual word on here.
    -----------------------------------------------------

I can remember my mother telling me not to call her mama. I could call her anything else but mama. I was maybe about 10. I asked her why and she said that they had had 2 Big Mama's in her family and she did NOT want to be called that. I called her Mother after that which is also what she called her mother. Well actually I called her Mumsey for quite a while because it really got to her and my dad, being the fun loving guy he was encouraged it. She hated it, but put up with it. Eventually it got old and I started calling her Mother.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Glad to see you're in your home now, myrosiedog! Nice to have you back in Fort.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

So, hmmm, all must not be well in hummerland. .

I swear with the size of the Hummer he has (it is freaking HUGE) he has to be compensating!
    So, now, why do you think all is not well in hummerland?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    So, now, why do you think all is not well in hummerland?
    Well seeing as his wife called him a F-ing idiot loud enough for me to hear in my backyard and they are across the street from the front of our house. She also had a few other choice words. This was also at 11:30 on a Wed. night in what has been an eeirily quiet neighborhood until this.

And we've only seen him actually drive the hummer twice, so I'm guessing gas is pretty expensive for it or he'd drive it everyday to work right?

I don't know. I'm already prejudiced because I happen to HATE Hummers. No offense to any Forters that own one and love it. I just think its a wasteful extravagance especially now with our oil and gas problems, but that is My opinion, so please don't attack me. If you own one, then you have every right to own one. I just am putting this disclaimer in so I don't get PM-ed about how I have no right to criticize anyone's choice. You're right, it is your business. Ok, back to my rant.

I also can't see the logic in buying a car that is half of what my house cost. I'd have put my money into a cheaper car and bigger house. But that's me.

I've never been into prestige cars, well except for high school. I drive what I like (which is different than everyone else) and what gets good mileage and I happen to be one of those that if everyone else is doing it, then I'm going to do something else, so since EVERYONE here seems to have an SUV, there is no way I'd ever get one. I'd rather drive something else personally. AGain, no attacks on me and my anti-SUV opinions. I just don't happen personally to want one, but if you have one, then good for you.

I have discovered tho that I need a standard transmission. With all these hills and I mean there are some steep ones, I'm going to need a car I can downshift or I'm not going to have any brakes left in a month.
    Last edited by MRD; 08-17-2006 at 09:19 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I don't eat ice cream, but if you offer it with a slice of cake, i wont even return the plate.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I don't eat ice cream, but if you offer it with a slice of cake, i wont even return the plate.
    Im sorry, did you say ice cream?? *drools*
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

Well I've decided that when I get rested and unpacked if no one has spoken to us still (everyone else we know lives in a neighborhood where they brought casseroles for the new neighbors, of course, "everyone else" always has this happen. "everyone else" is a lucky person! ) then I am going to make cookies and go around the cul-de-sac and introduce myself and hand them all cookies. If they can't be neighborly, then its up to me right?
    myrosiedog: thanks for reminding me of being a gracious and kind neighbor. Everyone in my neighborhood has lived here for 40 years.....except us (8yrs) but two houses are up for sale and I will remember how you felt moving into your new neighborhood....Mrs. Vonna will take goodies and welcome the new neighbors...

So what's new in hummerland?????

My yard and bake sale is Saturday......I am so busy......third sale this summer, but this one should take care of the rest of the expence to take the team to L.A. whewwww. Can't wait until Monday when it's all over
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread