+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2863285;
    I just finished a couple loads of laundry and a pair of my favorite pants are ruined by grease along with a tank top that I love as well! Arghhh... I really hate communal laundry.
    Me too. Most of the people in my complex are decent about following the laundry rules, but there are a number of idiots (with idiot kids) here, too. So I'm fussy about inspecting and feeling around in the washers and dryers before putting my stuff in. It's a pain in the arse, but I learned my lesson after a round of grease stains on my new clothes a few years ago thanks to the carelessness of some redneck breeder.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Well I'm sad to say I may end up running a washer with simple green in it and letting an entire cycle finish before I wash my clothes in it. That way I'll know grease won't be in there. I cleaned the inside before washing but the grease must have been in the basket holes and now on my clothes.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Attachment 23852
    SuperBrat: Congratulations!!
    Prhoshay: I have to check into that Pedi-egg. I got one of those contraptions with a blade on them for the rough heels I got from being barefoot all the time. Unfortunately, I tend to cut myself often and am going through a lot of bandaids on my feet!

Buglover: My twin sinister's apartment is just switching over their communal laundry room to plastic type cards from using cash for their washers and dryers. Unfortunately, she didn't know about it and couldn't do any laundry this weekend at all! She's glad she doesn't have to save up change anymore.
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:23 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2863235;
    CONGRATULATIONS, SUPERBRAT!!!

(Now get a job! )
    Haha believe me, I'm trying! I am desperatly trying to get a new job so I can quite my job at the gas station and move out of my folks' house. Brats crave their privacy

I want one of those pedi-egg things. I HIGHLY rocommend that lotion they advertise with it on tv. My feet are uh... pretty icky. And after that lotion, my feet were nice and soft within a week.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I'm a little late to the party, but Congrats SuperBrat! I hope you find a nice job and a place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2863732;
    Well I'm sad to say I may end up running a washer with simple green in it and letting an entire cycle finish before I wash my clothes in it. That way I'll know grease won't be in there. I cleaned the inside before washing but the grease must have been in the basket holes and now on my clothes.
    That's a good idea -- a pain in the tuschie as regards extra time and money, but less expensive than getting good clothes ruined.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2864167;
    I want one of those pedi-egg things. I HIGHLY rocommend that lotion they advertise with it on tv. My feet are uh... pretty icky. And after that lotion, my feet were nice and soft within a week.
    About the lotion that comes with the mail order Ped-Egg, if you decide to buy your Ped-Egg from someplace like B, B, and B...you can always just pick up a jar of Vaseline or generic petroleum jelly (if you don't have any in the house), slather on a thin coat, and throw on a pair of socks...either right before you decide to put on shoes and socks, or at night. I've never been able to sleep in socks...well, unless it's about 6 degrees out. I used to always use the Vaseline technique right before I went to work, that way I didn't have to think about it. Feet were super soft when I came home! I used a cocoa butter lotion on mine, though. Instant Nirvana!!! I vote whatever comes with it, or whatever you have on hand...use it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree with lotioning right before putting on socks. With that technique, it doesn't need to be any special lotion. I am currently just using Curel - Ultra healing. My problem is in the summer when I'm not wearing socks. I have to purposely think about lotioning and wearing socks for about an hour before I go to bed.

Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa has a cracked heel treatment that is fabulous! You have to watch them for sales, otherwise it runs $15.00 for a jar (not bad, actually). It is called Heel of Approval and it is a miracle worker. I use the moisturize and socks method also, and come morning - my feet are so soft! I am in love with a couple of products in the True Blue Spa line - but I always watch for those sales

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Maybe when you find a job, you can buy us all a ped-egg.....that is if your future rent isnt $500 a month. Totally my share of my future rent.

And Sprint, you can go die some where. Im not paying $150 just to get a phone hooked on top of the activation fee and the monthly fee when i got a better plan without a credit check and all those fees. Bite me!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread