+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6928Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2847122;
    They very much loved the turkey chili tonight!! Yippee!
    Yay!!!! And chili has so many wonderful flavors, it's easy to substitute ground turkey -- or Morningstar Farms vegetarian "crumbles" -- for ground beef. (Or even shredded chicken or turkey for shredded beef.) The lean poultry picks up the flavors of the spices and veggies, AND there's the bonus of not having that icky orange "fat ring" on the cookware and dishes. Kudos, Buglover!!!

P.S. Did you tell them it was turkey? Enquiring minds want to know . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My husband doesn't eat red meat so we use turkey for everything that requires beef. Meatballs, sausages, all of it. I really love smoked turkey sausage. The only thing that doesn't taste quite right and I can't stand is turkey burger patties. They're gross. So when we bbq burgers I get some lean ground beef.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

My DIL made lasagna with some kind of soy burger and we all loved it. It really had the same texture as ground beef and with the wonderful sauce--who could tell the difference...mmmm
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

MRD

Walmart sells a chicken and mango sausage that is divine. My hubby couldn't believe it was chicken sausage.

I have a problem with ground turkey. For some reason it always upsets my stomach. I've tried it a variety of ways and cooked it well so its not undercooked, but it still causes me a lot of problems. I really don't know why. I love turkey, just can't eat the ground stuff.

I have noticed that in a lot of the pre-packaged "meatless" foods that are made to look and taste like meat, that there are a LOT of chemicals added. Colorings, flavors, additives. If they have to add a ton of stuff to it to make it look and taste like chicken nuggets, "meatloaf", etc., is it really that healthy?

Just had the Ahi tuna burgers at TGI Friday's. I saw the Recipe Showdown on the Food network where these won. They were Delicious! Now am wondering if I can make my own tuna burgers. We do Salmon patties which are quite good.

And I have an old meat grinder, so I could grind my own fish and chicken. I wonder if ground chicken would work better for me than ground turkey.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I learned that turkey burgers taste much better if you grill them, just like a hamburger pattie. ALso, it helps to add pickles, cheese...etc just the way you would to a hamburger. We switched over from hamburgers to turkey burgers, and now love them.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

MRD

Newf and Unk

We have a friend visiting from Michigan. He's actually moving here, got hired by the company my husband works for and we've been showing him around.

I don't know who told the joke about how to keep a Michigan Wolverine off your lawn, but I told it to him and he about fell off his chair laughing and was gracious enough not to point out that Michigan beat Florida in the bowl game this year.

But I've been waiting months to use that joke and got to finally use it. It was great!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2847619;
    I wonder if ground chicken would work better for me than ground turkey.
    I actually prefer ground chicken to ground turkey. I buy it at the grocery store though, I usually find it in the poultry section.

I rarely eat red meat so I eat a lot of chicken and turkey. I actually prefer them in most things. If I eat red meat it's usually fresh venison and that is so low in fat it's basically like eating turkey or chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2847632;
    Newf and Unk

We have a friend visiting from Michigan. He's actually moving here, got hired by the company my husband works for and we've been showing him around.

I don't know who told the joke about how to keep a Michigan Wolverine off your lawn, but I told it to him and he about fell off his chair laughing and was gracious enough not to point out that Michigan beat Florida in the bowl game this year.

But I've been waiting months to use that joke and got to finally use it. It was great!
    Unk may have posted it, but it could have been any of the Ohio State fans, or Broadway, an ardent Michigan State fan. I do know that it wasn't me. My mother taught me that it isn't nice to tease the disadvantaged. Bless their little Wolverine hearts, they try so hard . . .

My two cents on Turkey Talk--I don't think that I've ever had ground turkey, but I'd be willing to try it. And although I've cut way down on beef, I've yet to see a corned turkey brisket or a prime rib of turkey. Until that happens, no cow is safe.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2847214;
    Yay!!!! And chili has so many wonderful flavors, it's easy to substitute ground turkey -- or Morningstar Farms vegetarian "crumbles" -- for ground beef. (Or even shredded chicken or turkey for shredded beef.) The lean poultry picks up the flavors of the spices and veggies, AND there's the bonus of not having that icky orange "fat ring" on the cookware and dishes. Kudos, Buglover!!!

P.S. Did you tell them it was turkey? Enquiring minds want to know . . .
    Yes, after they'd devoured a couple bowls and said wow! this is delicious, I said, well for your information, it's also healthier for you, it's ground turkey! Mr buglover said, I stand corrected about the turkey.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was walking into school this morning behind a girl wearing thigh-high white stockings and shorty short shorts. We have a new vice-principal who stands outside the door as they arrive and told her to go straight to the office and call home for different clothes. When we got in, she went straight to a group of girls to b*tch about it so I redirected her and got the big eye roll. So I copied the dress code they all have in their agenda and am going over it in each class today. I even made a 2" measure for them because shorts/skirts can't be more than 2" over the knee. Then I demonstrate how if they're standing up tall they shouldn't be able to reach the hem with their fingertips. I do enforce the dress code. I hate it when they get to me at the end of the day and nobody has said anything. Makes me the bad guy, but I don't care.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread