+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5670Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I love Paula Deen! She cracks me up everytime I watch her. I feel the same way about food, as long as you enjoy bad stuff in moderation it's fine. I love butter but will only use it in mashed potatoes now or if I'm baking which doesn't happen often due to weight gain..lol
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm really on the fence about the Neeleys. I haven't yet watched today's episode, it's still on my TIVO. Sometimes I think I'm irritated by Gina because she just tries too hard to be cute. Grates.on.my.nerves. And yet I still watch

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2844616;
    Read an article about writing your own autobiography in six words. The words can either be in a sentence, or individual words or whatever you want. What would yours be?
    Mine would be:

Endures quiet life but hopes still.
    Here's my try,

Happiest when surrounded by dogs, family.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2845081;
    Paula Deen. Used to hate her, now I love her. Don't know what it is. But we limit ourselves to a couple of Paula's recipe's a month around here. She must have her cardiologist on speed dial.
    You are not kidding! I was at the gym a couple weeks ago, where I normally watch ESPN or something sporty, but Paula Deen was on the adjacent tv, and I glanced over intermittently to see her making a breakfast sandwich. I believe it contained sausage, bacon, egg and cheese, fried in pounds of butter, which is greasy and unhealthy enough on its own. The "roll" to hold the sandwich together? A pair of Krispy Kreme donuts. If that sandwich came in under 2000 calories, I'd be shocked. The good news (for me) is that it didn't look appetizing in the least... actually, it made me want to eat a giant salad.

Still working on my six word autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2844616;
    Read an article about writing your own autobiography in six words. The words can either be in a sentence, or individual words or whatever you want. What would yours be?
    Mine would be:

Endures quiet life but hopes still.
    Wants to go back in time....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2845256;
    I'm really on the fence about the Neeleys. I haven't yet watched today's episode, it's still on my TIVO. Sometimes I think I'm irritated by Gina because she just tries too hard to be cute. Grates.on.my.nerves. And yet I still watch
    Ya know, that is EXACTLY why I dont' like it. She tries too hard. You hit the nail on the head there!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2845673;
    You are not kidding! I was at the gym a couple weeks ago, where I normally watch ESPN or something sporty, but Paula Deen was on the adjacent tv, and I glanced over intermittently to see her making a breakfast sandwich. I believe it contained sausage, bacon, egg and cheese, fried in pounds of butter, which is greasy and unhealthy enough on its own. The "roll" to hold the sandwich together? A pair of Krispy Kreme donuts. If that sandwich came in under 2000 calories, I'd be shocked. The good news (for me) is that it didn't look appetizing in the least... actually, it made me want to eat a giant salad.

Still working on my six word autobiography.
    That sounds really nasty. I'm not a Paula Deen fan. It is not so much her cooking that bothers me but the sound of her voice and that cackle she has that passes for a laugh. And the way she shoves food into people's faces.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

I couldn't eat that sandwich either. And I LOVE Krispy Kremes.

Paula can get a little overbearing, but I do like to watch her. And I've made several of her recipes that were fabulous. But again, not often as they are not everyday food.

We are actually having a potato recipe of hers tonight and it does contain butter.
    But it also has cornflakes, so it has to be a TAD healthy right?

I think I like to watch her as her talk about family and food and all reminds me a lot of my family and extended family when I was growing up.

I can't stand her show Paula's Party. That one irritates the crap out of me, but her Homecooking one is good.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I used to like Paula- can't stand her anymore. I don't know why, maybe it is the "party" shows.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm giving serious consideration to trying the Neelys BBQ Turkey Meatloaf. She (I can't remember her name) said she made it and didn't tell hubby (who believed that meatloaf was only to be made with ground beef) that it was ground turkey and not ground beef until after he'd eaten it, and he really loved it. It did sound rather good to me! These people make me want to go to Memphis to check out their restaurant. Any Memphis people in here?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread