+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2844284;
    They don't swim, go to the beach, boating, one won't ride in a convertible, because it will mess up her hair.
    I know there are people out there who are like that, but I can't imagine being one of them. I just can't imagine being so concerned about my hair that I would forgo something fun. I always like the feeling of the wind in my face.

Then again, I also swam in college, so I definitely can't imagine not swimming for the sake of my hair!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just watched a show that I'd suggest you catch if you want to see good recipes and get a good laugh. It's on Food Network, and it is called Down Home With the Neelys. They are a married couple that definitely bring a different spin to the channel! I loved it! They had me chuckling all of the way through the show.

Down Home with the Neelys with Pat and Gina Neely
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2844514;
    I just watched a show that I'd suggest you catch if you want to see good recipes and get a good laugh. It's on Food Network, and it is called Down Home With the Neelys. They are a married couple that definitely bring a different spin to the channel! I loved it! They had me chuckling all of the way through the show.

Down Home with the Neelys with Pat and Gina Neely
    I kept seeing the previews for this and watched it and I hated it! I don't know why, but I usually love most food network shows, but these two seriously got on my nerves.

I also just saw an Englishman on foodtv try to show a woman how to make Southern Fried chicken. First of all he marinated it in chipolte peppers and then he used cornmeal to bread it with. That is NOT Southern Fried Chicken. It might be good chicken, but it's NOT Southern.

Missyboxers, I'm like you, I would not let my hair or makeup stop me from having fun. I'd much rather go without makeup and pull the hair back in a ponytail and have some FUN than to sit it out doing nothing with perfect makeup and hair while everyone else had fun.
    This same friend used to go to the beach in FULL and I mean FULL makeup (tons of eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, etc.) and wouldnt' get in the water. After 5 minutes in the Florida sun, my makeup would have melted down my face to about my knees. I have always wondered what her secret was to keep it so perfect in that kind of heat.
    When I lived in Florida, I hardly ever wore makeup in the full summer heat and humidity. There was no point. In 5 min. I had sweated it all off.

I am also of the school (learned this from my mother), that lipstick only constitutes at least an attempt at looking good. You may not have on any other makeup and have your hair in a scrunchy, but with lipstick only, you can usually get by.
    Of course, Mother's idea of lipstick was only one color: REAL RED!!!!
    I don't think she ever wore another color ever!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CCL

Read an article about writing your own autobiography in six words. The words can either be in a sentence, or individual words or whatever you want. What would yours be?
    Mine would be:

Endures quiet life but hopes still.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2844616;
    Read an article about writing your own autobiography in six words. The words can either be in a sentence, or individual words or whatever you want. What would yours be?
    Mine would be:

Endures quiet life but hopes still.
    This is not as easy as it looks.
    And after all my posts above about not missing out because I wanted to look good, I don't know.

OK and mine all start with the same letter. I may change it, but its what came to mind first.

Fun. Friends. Food. Fears. Family. Flamingos.

I normally don't wear makeup. Why? Because when I do my DH will always ask..who are you cheating on me with? It was MILDLY amusing the first time he said that. Now it irritates me so much I don't even bother with makeup. Besides, DD has a way of making off with my makeup. It ends up in that cave of a bedroom she has and I never see it again.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2844616;
    Paunchy nearsighted bald cantankerous old recluse
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2844725;
    Paunchy nearsighted bald cantankerous old recluse
    Newf, you're being paged in "Oasis-a spot for FORT parents"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2844514;
    I just watched a show that I'd suggest you catch if you want to see good recipes and get a good laugh. It's on Food Network, and it is called Down Home With the Neelys. They are a married couple that definitely bring a different spin to the channel!
    I love it, too! For the food aspect -- yes!! At first I thought it would be the typical southern fat-laden, artery-slamming CRAP à la Paula Deen (ugghhh! hate her cooking, and her massacre of the French language on Paris vacation should have taken her to the guillotine!!!), but instead, it took a new, at least semi-healthy approach that I could either use or easily modify to my healthy standards. (and yes, I have high standards as regards healthy cooking) AND, that couple is so damned fun! They remind me so much of me and my hubby when we cook. (We LOVE cooking together!) I highly recommend that show -- it's fun with good culinary ideas.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Paula Deen. Used to hate her, now I love her. Don't know what it is. But we limit ourselves to a couple of Paula's recipe's a month around here. She must have her cardiologist on speed dial.

My husband says she has a tanker truck just for the butter in her recipes.

I just didn't take to the Neely's. I don't know why, but together, I couldn't watch an entire episode of them. Their fried pork chop vegetable soup didn't sound all that healthy either. But to be fair, that was the only show I watched. Or part of a show anyway.

I look at healthy eating this way. If we are able to eat healthy most of the time, then the occasional recipe full of CRAP is ok. The secret is not to eat that way daily. But occasionally I think it's ok.

+ Reply to Thread