+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2843251;
    Mr buglover definitely notices those things, but no longer asks me if I'm going to get them done. If he says one word about how much better I look with make up, the claws come out so he knows better now! lol I wear make up nearly every day, but some days I just feel like being frumpy..
    Mr. Lane actually says I look better without any makeup. Works for me! I used to love putting on makeup but I despise doing so now...I'll do some for work, but it's minimal (lipstick and mascara; and maybe a touch of powder). No foundation! I hate foundation!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2843254;
    I never wear makeup. Ever. I do shave all winter because I teach swimming lessons and lap swim.
    Oh my goodness...at first I read this as "lap dance."

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2843306;

Oh my goodness...at first I read this as "lap dance."
    That would be a good reason to keep shaved

Just for the record, I haven't shaved since 1981.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newf you're lucky. That beard must be long!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2831213;
    my husband got home last night and was asleep 2 hours later at 7:30. I was bored so I went with my daughter and her boyfriend to a club for alternative music. It's an all ages club that prohibits drugs or alcohol. We had a really good time. I was of course the oldest there by a LONG shot, but their friends band played and they were really good. Kind of bluesey, kind of retro, kind of punk and folk mixed together. But it worked and the band members were really nice. And it was nice to go somewhere with my daughter and it be fun.
    You are a cool mom and your story reminded me of how cool my mom was. When my mom was 70, she and I visited my sister (who lives near San Francisco) and Kathy took us to an alternative club. The lead act was a bizarre fellow who 'played' these different-length metal tubes by hitting them with a skinny metal stick. It was beyond crazy. Then the three of us were in line to use the restroom and there was a rather strange looking woman standing in front of me in a skin-tight leopard-print dress. She was wearing strappy sandals and as I caught a glimpse of them I was horrified to see these mammoth, hairy toes sticking out. I tried not to let my facial expression betray my horror, though, and smiled weakly when she glanced at me. Well, she ended up in the stall next to me and imagine my horror when I realized her feet weren't pointing away from the wall but toward it! It's then that I realized she was a he. My mom who was on the other side of him/her, noticed it too, and we roared with laughter when we were safely inside the car going home. She was such a good sport about things like that and we continued to chuckle about it many years later.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

My beard isn't really all that long. I take the weed-whacker to it a few times a year to maintain it at about eight or ten inches..
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

My friend took a picture of me last weekend and I am PASTY white. I'm going to try to be outside this weekend, in hopes that those 50 degree rays will help me get some color (wishful thinking). I keep shaving all winter too-- I do wear shorts to the gym, but also, I just like the feeling better anyway.

I usually don't wear makeup to work or anything, but I was going out to dinner with some people I used to work with, so I wore makeup and heels on Wednesday. When my boss saw me (I don't necessarily see him every day or week, even), he definitely commented (and promptly asked me if I had a date that night, where I knew him from, etc etc).

Happy pi Day!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2843447;
    My beard isn't really all that long. I take the weed-whacker to it a few times a year to maintain it at about eight or ten inches..
    Or is that a hedge-trimmer?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I got a Tetanus shot a few days ago and im still feeling it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2843447;
    Is your weedwhacker a sears or the REAL weedwhacker brand?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Thanks Roses. My daughter's friends all tell me we're the "cool" parents. Of course, my daughter doesn't think so.

I wear makeup about half of the time. It really depends on my moods and where I'm going.
    My husband is very easy going and he says I look fine all the time, but he also knows better than to comment on some things. He would never ask me to wear makeup for one.

I truly am lucky in him because he's ALWAYS said it was the inside of me that counts with him. He was looking at photos before I lost weight and he says: "gosh, I really don't remember you looking like that". He is a sweetie!

I know women that have one distinct style. When you see them whether its casual or dressy, they have that one style. Me, I go with my moods. I can braid my hair, wear no makeup, boots, faded, ripped jeans and a camo jacket as comfortably as I can wear my hair up, my "full" makeup and a fancy outfit and heels. Of course, I don't dress up all that often.
    Anyway, I just go with what I feel like and fortunately Mr. Rosie is cool with whatever. ALL he asks is that I dont' become "high maitenence" and if I do, not to involve him in it. We have a teenager and her "look" is very high maitenence and he's sick of it as she whines about it constantly.

I know a few women that no one has EVER seen them without makeup. They don't swim, go to the beach, boating, one won't ride in a convertible, because it will mess up her hair. My husband told me after one of these conversations with her (she's married to a really good friend) that he was glad I was a "shower and go girl", because he didnt' think he could stand being married to someone who wouldn't do the stuff we like to do because it would mess up my hair and makeup. I couldn't stand that either! I'd have missed out on an AWFUL lot in my life if I had that rule. But I guess I would have always looked good though. He once said to me after kneeboarding and waterskiing with friends that I "glowed". Heck yeah, I'd been in the water and sun and had just had a thrill ride and spent the day laughing and having fun with my friends and husband. Best "makeup" in the world!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread