+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5651Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2831213;
    my husband got home last night and was asleep 2 hours later at 7:30. I was bored so I went with my daughter and her boyfriend to a club for alternative music. It's an all ages club that prohibits drugs or alcohol. We had a really good time. I was of course the oldest there by a LONG shot, but their friends band played and they were really good. Kind of bluesey, kind of retro, kind of punk and folk mixed together. But it worked and the band members were really nice. And it was nice to go somewhere with my daughter and it be fun.

I've seen my new friend a couple more times. It's weird how we've hit it off so well and kind of eerie that we have so much in common. Tonight we are meeting her and her soon to be ex for happy hour. Kind of weird, but they have two teenage daughters and still are friends, but no longer want to be married.

Her and the girls came over here for dinner on Thur. and my daughter has hit it off really well with her girls too. It was so fun to have teenage laughter in the house again. It's been a while. Our house used to be the go to house for my daughter and all her friends before we moved here. So it's been a good week. I have a new friend that I like a lot and have fun with. My daughter has new friends and hubby is home for 2 whole days before leaving again.
    Sounds like you've been have a good old time! Great for you! By the way my dear lady- the "treats" are gone as of today since someone who never jumps on the counter (heh heh) must have sensed they were there and not in the cabinet, or we had an earthquake that knocked them to the floor and opened them....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2831308;
    Sounds like you've been have a good old time! Great for you! By the way my dear lady- the "treats" are gone as of today since someone who never jumps on the counter (heh heh) must have sensed they were there and not in the cabinet, or we had an earthquake that knocked them to the floor and opened them....
    I'm sure it was an earthquake!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Margaritaville: Get well soon!!

MRD: I'm glad you had a great time with your daughter and friends at the party! You are a very cool mom!

Amy Lee: I'm sorry to hear you are PPD again! Do take care and know my thoughts are with you!

Missyboxers: Way to go!!
    -----

I'm having my first of the day. I haven't had a klatch yet.....
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Well Spring is here! The Bradford pear trees are in full bloom and just gorgeous. The daffodils are blooming and everything else is on the verge. The birds are all back and tweeting away every morning and the weather has gotten really nice. Cool in the mornings and evenings and around 70 during the day.

I have emerged from my long winter pants and am now blinding the world with my whiter than white legs in capri pants. I did do my first of spring ritual and shave the legs and paint the toenails. Something that doesn't get done all winter as no one sees my feet or legs, not even me! It's become a spring tradition! Spring is here, time "mow and paint".

lol mrd! I just painted my toes after months of leaving them plain! It's been over 70 here all week and I actually have a sunburn on my driver side arm!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2842640;
    I have emerged from my long winter pants and am now blinding the world with my whiter than white legs in capri pants. I did do my first of spring ritual and shave the legs and paint the toenails. Something that doesn't get done all winter as no one sees my feet or legs, not even me! It's become a spring tradition! Spring is here, time "mow and paint".

Your Husband Does (and don't think he's not looking!)!!! Shame On You!!! :nono

Watch your email....I'm sending you a goodie! Get in step, Girl!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2842837;
    Your Husband Does (and don't think he's not looking!)!!! Shame On You!!! :nono

Watch your email....I'm sending you a goodie! Get in step, Girl!!!!
    My husband no more notices stuff like that. I have dyed my hair, gotten it cut, gotten manicures and pedicures, bought new clothes, etc. and unless I actually SAY something about it, he does NOT notice. Trust me on this one.

In fact, I think he'd be surprised to even know I had toenails.

Mr buglover definitely notices those things, but no longer asks me if I'm going to get them done. If he says one word about how much better I look with make up, the claws come out so he knows better now! lol I wear make up nearly every day, but some days I just feel like being frumpy..
    Yup, with donuts!!

I never wear makeup. Ever. I do shave all winter because I teach swimming lessons and lap swim.
    Count your blessings!

I wish I could get away with not wearing make up but my face is scarred from acne as an adult and sun spots from my years of tanning beds! I just use mineral powder to even out my tone. Do any of you have an eyebrow that is lower than the other? I do and it's so annoying! One side is up higher because of some stitches I got as a teen so I guess it's tighter. I never thought my skin would sag and am having a bit of a time looking at myself and seeing the differences in my face, neck, skin, etc. My mother used to tell me by 40 I would not care anymore and like myself no matter what. 6 more years to go!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread