+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and well wishes! It is to be a 7 week recovery according to the neurosurgeon, so we shall see. The first 2 days were pure hell (much worse than the emergency c-section I had) - and I was completely regretting even having it done. Time heals, and so am I.

Any tips from others who have experienced this or know someone who has are welcomed!

Once again, thank you guys - you're the best!

Feel better, Margaritaville!

Is anyone having a sudden problem with text message spam? I've gotten three messages today from [person's name plus a few letters and numbers] @ live.com, telling me that someone has a crush on me, and I can find out who at some website-- I only opened it so I'd be able to block the address, of course, but they just keep coming from different people's names. Any ideas for what I can do? It's annoying and will probably get expensive at some point.

Congrats on the glass, Gutmutter! Add me to the get-well wishes, Margaritaville. And sorry, Missy, I'm not a big texter so I have no advice for you. Maybe you should call your cell provider and ask them?

Tonight we went to Johnny Carino's for dinner. It's usually okay. I ordered a shrimp/artichoke/caper dish and my oldest ordered shrimp scampi. They brought the food out a little cold, no big deal. But I'm eating mine and it's incredibly bland and I felt like Gordon Ramsay. My husband let me try some of his vegetable stuffed rigatoni and I could tell that it was frozen stuff. He looks at my dish and he asked where the capers were. So I remembered what I ordered and realized that I did not have capers, artichoke hearts, or black olives like the menu said. It was just bland shrimp on angel hair with a mushroom white wine sauce (it wasn't good, even if it sounds like it was). So I'm thinking I got my daughter's scampi and she got mine. But instead she got shrimp skilletini which is spaghetti with veggies and shrimp. We told the waiter and he brought our check with no apology or anything. I should've talked to the manager but I felt bad because we'd eaten some of it without realizing we had the wrong dishes. We were going to tip well anyway, but since he didn't even make an attempt to rectify the situation we just left a little over 10%. Carino's is now out of our once-a-week dining out rotation. I really hate it when that happens.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

burntbrat - you could still talk to the manager. Maybe you could call if you don't want to go in. Tell him (or her) exactly what you told us... that you were given the wrong food, didn't make a fuss because you had eaten some, the wait-person did nothing (not even apologize) and now you plan to never return. Even if the manager gives you no satisfaction at least s/he knows there's a problem. More likely s/he will bend over backwards to get you to come back... comp your next meals or something.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Feel Better soon Margaritaville.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have never recieved text spam but I have recieved forwarded text messages. They were really stupid too. They were really mean like National Retard Day and I'm sending this to you because you're my favorite retard. At first I thought they were being sent to my son by a girlfriends ex boyfriend. When I got the second one I got really mad. My husband and I were sitting in my office and I told him, "Oohh some parent is about to get an ear full." I dialed the number from my cell phone and I was shocked when one of my geocaching friends name popped up on my phone. I started laughing with my husband that it was just Taz. They were funny when I realised they were being sent as a joke. When I thought someone was harassing my son it wasn't so funny.

burntbrat, I would totally call the manager/owner of the establishment. They need to know what is happening out front, and undoubtedly will notice the fall off in customers. Utterly ridiculous - and I normally tip extremely well, but I would have left close to nothing with that waiter's attitude about the situation!

Well, as my mother would say, I fixed their hash. I turned on my cell phone this morning and had received 3 more text messages. I sent a reply to one telling them to take my name off the list, went to verizon.com and had "live.com" blocked from sending messages to my phone, and for good measure, filed a complaint with the FCC, with the text of the last three messages.

Nice, Missyboxers! Very nice touch with the FCC complaint

MRD

my husband got home last night and was asleep 2 hours later at 7:30. I was bored so I went with my daughter and her boyfriend to a club for alternative music. It's an all ages club that prohibits drugs or alcohol. We had a really good time. I was of course the oldest there by a LONG shot, but their friends band played and they were really good. Kind of bluesey, kind of retro, kind of punk and folk mixed together. But it worked and the band members were really nice. And it was nice to go somewhere with my daughter and it be fun.

I've seen my new friend a couple more times. It's weird how we've hit it off so well and kind of eerie that we have so much in common. Tonight we are meeting her and her soon to be ex for happy hour. Kind of weird, but they have two teenage daughters and still are friends, but no longer want to be married.

Her and the girls came over here for dinner on Thur. and my daughter has hit it off really well with her girls too. It was so fun to have teenage laughter in the house again. It's been a while. Our house used to be the go to house for my daughter and all her friends before we moved here. So it's been a good week. I have a new friend that I like a lot and have fun with. My daughter has new friends and hubby is home for 2 whole days before leaving again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread