+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6169Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've been busy cleaning the apartment for inspections, fixing the car and working/training. I do have some great news though! Those neighbors who were very loud and throwing cigs into the brush were arrested last night. It looks like they were beginning a grow business for pot and the Sheriff showed up and took them all in. It will be a nice quiet weekend!
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

That's fantastic news buglover! Good riddance!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2829754;

Why do people do this? They ring my doorbell...and sometimes I just don't want to answer 'cause 90% of the time it's solicitors. Our doorbell is very loud...and they can hear it when they press our doorbell. But if we don't answer the door, they'll POUND on our door, or on the glass on our door. Granted, it's strong glass, but what the heck is that all about? That happened the other evening and Mr. Lane took care of that. (Solicitors) But what the heck? Why are people so obnoxious?
    Exactly. Take a hint - if I don't answer when you ring the bell, the pounding isn't going to get me there either.

I don't like when they take my hour away in the spring (with the time change). It makes me grumpy. And they make my Sunday one hour shorter. They should change it at 4 o'clock on a Monday. All of a sudden it's five and time to go home!

Hope you're on the mend soon, Margaritaville.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2829769;
    Exactly. Take a hint - if I don't answer when you ring the bell, the pounding isn't going to get me there either.
    And if I'm home alone, that pounding scares the bejeesus out of me!!

I like your idea for changing daylight savings to Mondays (for Spring anyhow!)!

I just love when they ring the bell and it takes you a minute to get up so they ring it another 2 times in a row! Geeze just wait.... I have an issue with disturbing people so I won't knock more than once. If I know someone, I'll call their home number and if they don't answer, I'll leave. My cat freaks out when people ring the bell so I guess I don't like to create unnecessary noise in case they have pets too.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Thanks for the reminder about Springing ahead. I'm going to be megagrumpy next Monday.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I used to have a FedEx guy who would ring the doorbell and then literally leave like two seconds later. Like he was playing a game of Ding Dong Ditch! I'm young and fit (well, in my mind anyhow...) and it would take me a minute to jump out of my chair and run to see who it was. I actually called FedEx and told them to knock it off--that people need a little more time to answer the door first thing in the morning. He never left the packages 'cause the recipient had to sign for it...so you'd have to wait for him to redeliver it. What a pain!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2829785;
    I like your idea for changing daylight savings to Mondays (for Spring anyhow!)!
    Oh yes, only for Spring. The Fall change in time can stay as is.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm PPD positive so now i need chest x-ray in the coming week. Then again, i've always been positive so this isn't new.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm still here -- just really busy with work (teaching/tour guiding and tutoring). The client I have for my morning program is a VIP -- really nice and unpretentious, though -- with the company we contract with, and he's enrolled for more than the usual hours that the "ordinary" employees have. It's great -- I can use the extra bucks -- but I've been really tired getting home. And I'm taking a 6-week literature class -- just for the heck of it, as it's fun to be on "the other side of the desk" once in awhile.

Weather has been perfect -- high 60s, low 70s and sunny. This weekend Mr. Ellen (that sounds so funny!) and I are going to Catalina Island. It's our Christmas present to each other. And my mom and dad are on a cross-country train tour which will take them to Catalina on Sunday, so we'll meet up with the 'rents. We are so looking forward to that! Mom and Dad have a crazy sense of humor and fun sense of adventure. However, my hubby and dad get along almost TOO well -- especially when ganging up on me!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread