+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6753Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2822552;
    Actually I didn't know it was either until Joey had his urinary tract blockage in 2001 and the animal hospital told me when I was picking him up, to make sure that he was kept hydrated even if it meant eyedropping water into him, since a cat can become severely dehydrated within 8-10 hours or so. Fortunately for me, Mr. Joseph has always been a big water drinker and especially when it is FRESH from the tap in a CLEAN bowl....
    Well my gosh, you wouldn't drink from a dirty glass of stale water would you? How can you expect Joseph to do the same?

Ok, I think my refrigerator or actually my freezer is having a love affair with my husband and it sulks when he goes out of town. 3 weeks ago when he was in VA, the freezer coil froze and I had to perform feats of contortion to get in there and unfreeze it, so it would cool the refrigerator portion.
    Well he left for NC this morning and the ice maker has quit making ice.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2822070;
    I'm tying to follow this cooking advice, but there's just one of me--no way can I eat a whole FAMILY!
    Freeze the leftovers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2822092;
    I didn't realize food and water was that time sensitive so that's good information to know.
    One of the things that I have learned is that even when people are in stranded situations, like at an amusement park or such, one of the most important things to do, early on, is to get water to them due to the problems of dehydration.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2822709;
    One of the things that I have learned is that even when people are in stranded situations, like at an amusement park or such, one of the most important things to do, early on, is to get water to them due to the problems of dehydration.

Last time I was "stranded" at Universal Studios, I was considering it important that I get alcohol before I did serious harm to some of the people I was traveling with. (I used to love amusement parks. Now I think they should hand out valium with your tickets because of the crowds, lines and rude people you encounter there)

I know what you mean though. It's very important to keep people and animals hydrated.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Happy anniversary, myrosiedog!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We used to have people stranded in various positions (upside down, in angulated turns or, if you were just lucky, at a high point) on a particular roller coaster one summer before they finally decided that it might be a good idea to dismantle the stupid thing. This went on for a couple of months, but they could never find anything wrong with it, on inspection.

I have had a horrible case of the weather sleepies for the past 2 days. I had to force myself up...and it took real effort....and drink the dreaded coffee today. Luckily, I have to go tutor today, so I can't/won't turn back. Yesterday was a different story!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Prhoshay, I couldn't imagine being stranded on a ride. I love amusement park rides and roller coasters, but fortunately have never been stuck on one.

Thank you to everyone that has wished me a Happy Anniversary by posts and PM's! I just called Hubby and he answered saying Happy Anniversary. He has always been so good about remembering. I'm the one that got the date wrong once and he doesn't let me forget it!

We share our anniversary with Nancy and Ronald Reagan. Since they had a nice long marriage and seemed to be very happy together until his death and devoted to each other, I don't mind even though I am not a huge Reagan fany myself.

I have celebrated with a trip to the dr., grocery store and lunch with my daughter and her boyfriend at the dreaded Waffle (Awful) house. And later a drink and dinner with a friend tonight.

But like Prhoshay, I have wanted to do nothing but sleep for the past two days. I had to really drag myself out of bed this morning. But its not helping that its been pouring rain here all day either. I could use some coffee, but I've switched to decaf, so even coffee wouldn't help all that much. I've noticed that the caffiene has really been messing with my blood sugar, so I made the switch to decaf and have been doing ok except for the alert factor.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2823542;
    I just called Hubby and he answered saying Happy Anniversary. He has always been so good about remembering. I'm the one that got the date wrong once and he doesn't let me forget it!
    Heh! Same issue in our household. A few years back, Mr. Rattus came home from work, and all dour-like says "let's go to the Tango Palace (a coffee and dessert place) when I get back from my run". Mr. Rattus never gets all spontaneous like that, so I'm thinking to myself that he's taking me to a public place to break up with me, expecting that I won't make a scene. Apparently, I assumed he didn't know me too well, even though we'd been married for over a decade by that point, because I would make a scene - howling and crying and just generally annoying the other coffee drinkers to no end.

At any rate, we get there, I'm all trepidatious waiting for him to get back to the table with our beverages and desserts, he gets back, sits down and says "happy anniversary, baby". Oh. Whoops. I burst out laughing and then had to explain to him that I thought he was dumping me. That has kept me more or less on top of the date since, though. It's in June. I'll look it up when it gets closer to summer.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Sorry I'm late - Happy Anniversary myrosie and mr. myrosie! You're lucky you've spent so many together. Due to military commitments for the past 20 something years, my husband and I have probably spent less than a handful together. Now that he finally retired I'm hoping nothing comes up to where he'll be gone this year, other than maybe having to work at the fire dept. I haven't looked that far ahead on the schedule to see if he's working or not. But usually he was at summer military training.

I'm glad you got to talk to him though. It's not exactly the same but it's nice you could hear his voice. I'm interested to hear about Rosie's attitude this time around while he's gone.

Rattus, I'm glad it was just that he wanted to do something nice on your anniversary. He sounds like a keeper.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 03-04-2008 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2823542;
    We share our anniversary with Nancy and Ronald Reagan. Since they had a nice long marriage and seemed to be very happy together until his death and devoted to each other, I don't mind even though I am not a huge Reagan fany myself.
    You also share your anniversary with my birthday...

+ Reply to Thread