+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7290Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

How would you guys handle this? A new neighbor across the way in another complex continues to throw lit cigarettes to the ground in between the buildings. The man is huge and usually has many people over with him on the patio. I don't want to say anything because I feel it will become an argument but that is just outrageous to see someone actually throw a lit cigarette to the ground in California! Should I call the fire department and let them know this is occuring? I don't know which way to go on this one.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2817695;
    . . . I want a t-shirt like that Ellen. . .
    You, too, can have a t-shirt like Ellen's! Hubby got it at cafepress.com. I think they have a section with teacher stuff, and you can find it there.
    . . . They tell me at the scrapbook store that this product is no longer available because the Dept. of Homeland security has deemed it a highly dangerous substance that can no longer be transported. HOLY SH**!!! I've been using that stuff for years (and transporting it around in my car to various places to scrabook with my friends). Oh, it's safe for your photos, but by god, you can apparantly build a bomb with it! Who knew? . . .
    Y'know, apparently you can build a bomb with mascara. They confiscated my brand new tube of Almay One-Coat at the airport last summer because I forgot to transfer it from my make-up bag to my "gel 'n' liquids" ziplock. (I commented to the TSA person that if I were enough of a physics whiz/rocket scientist with the know-how for building a bomb with mascara, I sure as hell wouldn't be flying coach, but he didn't see the humor in that!)
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-28-2008 at 10:59 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2817769;
    How would you guys handle this? A new neighbor across the way in another complex continues to throw lit cigarettes to the ground in between the buildings. The man is huge and usually has many people over with him on the patio. I don't want to say anything because I feel it will become an argument but that is just outrageous to see someone actually throw a lit cigarette to the ground in California! Should I call the fire department and let them know this is occuring? I don't know which way to go on this one.
    Hell yeah, especially with the big-ass wildfires this past fall! (BTW, every time we have a Santa Ana, there are still ash particles in the air which play havoc with my stinkin' asthma. Now's the time to buy stock in albuterol manufacturers . . .) Definitely call the fire department; explain the situation and tell them that you'd prefer to remain anonymous because of possible retaliation on the part of Big Fat Smoker.

Buglover, I live in a condo complex, granted it is in Canada but we have a condo corporation here and if I have problems like that I just call the guys there and they deal with it without telling the person who told on them. I have had to call the condo corp because one of the new neighbours here thinks it is okay to have their company park wherever they want to even though there are signs that say no parking in fire lane etc and they come home drunk faithfully every Saturday night, sit in the parking lot with their car stereos blaring and talking up a storm and wake me up. I have had enough of it and I complained. So far it has been okay but then it is not Saturday night yet but if it continues this weekend I will be calling the police to report them. There has already been two cars here that have been hit by their company from them coming in this small lot drunk.

Mr buglover is going to talk to the police tomorrow. These kids (I say kids, they are in their 20's) sit on the patio smoking and drinking and laughing and just generally disrupting life in general. I can't go out on the balcony because they are always out there and the huuuuugggee fat guy always walks around with only underwear on. If he were good looking and built I guess I wouldn't mind but he's at least 400 lbs. Yuck!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Give them an ashtray???? Would that help?
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

I would call someone who runs the apt. complex. The cigerette thing is a danger and the underwear thing is gross. I'd find out what the public indecency laws are.
    But I'd report them to the manager. The cigerette thing will be easy to prove as the butts are probably still laying there.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The butts are all over. I'm a smoker and I NEVER throw my cigarettes on the ground or lit anywhere. I walk 5ft to the garbage can. They have an ashtray on their patio. These people have destroyed the apt already I can tell. The screens in the upstairs bedroom are laying on the ground in between the apt complex! They took 5 months to re-furbish the whole apt before these people rented and this putz is destroying it. I have to laugh though because I can't imagine how he got in when he has no job and is on parole. We've spoken with our landlady and she is calling the owners of that property. hee hee
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

My husband was watching a tool show on tv last night and they had new garden tools. One is basically a flame thrower to burn weeds. I could NOT believe it. I am sure that places like California, Florida, Georgia and other drought areas want homeowners starting fires in these dry areas with a flame thrower because they are too lazy to actually weed themselves or use Roundup.
    They showed it last night and the guy demostrating it was using it right up next to the house. I can see where that's leading, some idiot is going to burn down his house trying to kill weeds.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2818646;
    . . . a flame thrower to burn weeds. I could NOT believe it. I am sure that places like California, Florida, Georgia and other drought areas want homeowners starting fires in these dry areas with a flame thrower. . . I can see where that's leading, some idiot is going to burn down his house trying to kill weeds.
    His house, and everyone else's for miles around. This past fall, all it took was spark and a strong breeze headed in the direction of dry brush. IF that sort of "garden tool" weren't forbidden here, I'm sure there would be a posse of neighbors -- even the rednecks -- to instantly tar and feather whatever idiot would attempt to use one.

+ Reply to Thread