+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

No worries Lois. You are always welcome here with any kind of food and we will provide the drinks!! Yea!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Lois and everyone, I reciprocate, so anytime anyone wants to come to dinner here, I have no problem. Must love dogs though.

And I will make enough food that everyone is sure to find something they can eat.

As for the friends with kids. I'm just at the point in my life where I want to do grownup stuff. I dont' mind being around kids. I love the kids I work with in the museum. But socializing with people with younger children is just to darn hard and I dont' want to do it anymore. After 20 years of it, I want to just be with grownups. I dont' think that's too much to ask.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2814787;
    . . . we want friends that we can hang with and not necessarily hang with their kids. . . I'm past the point where I want to deal with children when I socialize.
    Same with me and Mr. Ellen. One really positive thing about this, though, is that friends of ours who have little kids LOVE to hang with us. (We don't childproof our apartment, either, because hubby and I know not to drink the Drano. I've also been known to drop the F-bomb at home.) We're their "excuse" to get a babysitter and have grown-up time. So really, we're doing our child-ed (is that a word? Sh**, it is now!) a big favor by providing grown-up time!

P.S. We reciprocate!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm getting to be the same way even thoug I'm 34. My son is 15, my step daughters are 13 and 17 almost 18 and I'm ready to have a life without children. I've spent my whole adult life taking care of kids so I'm ready for grown up stuff too.
    Yup, with donuts!!

After an afternoon of tutoring kids, I'm VERY happy to be childfree when I'm "off the clock"!

P.S. You're all invited to my apartment -- or if there are a lot of us, a nearby restaurant WITH bar! -- for childfree, pet-free fun!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

I'm on board Ellen and Bug. Let's party.

I do have dogs though, so maybe a restaurant. We have friends with a great little 3 piece band. Accustic (sp?) music. They play weekly and are very good. we could meet for drinks and listen to them. I may even dance!

And let me just say I don't mind being around kids. But we're looking for a couple we can do stuff with that doesn't involve kids or a convoluted production while they try to find babysitters, have them fall through, have to cancel, etc.

And no my house is not childproof anymore either. Even Waldo doesn't drink the Drano.

ETA: I have an almost 17 year old. I don't even want to be around her some of the time. That's why I want friends without kids, so we can go out and do grownup stuff. There are days that even my own teenager makes me want to go rent a motel room for a few days.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2814839;
    MRD, my sister in law was just saying the same thing. Part of the reason is that their house is no longer babyproofed since all their children are grown up and know not to drink the Drano etc. They had church friends over and their baby was getting into everything and the parents didn't do anything about it. So my sister in law and brother and their kids had to be like hawks to make sure the baby didn't get hurt. She said it was just too stressful!
    I never liked dealing with children, even when I was a child. But anyway about 25 years ago or so when my sisters two were little, they were at my apartment one day and the kids were getting into everything. I did nothing, my sister & hubby did nothing. Kid pulls a shelving unit down somehow, gets a nice knock on the head, sister yells at me, I said get out. end of story. no more invites.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

gabriel, that is right up there with me tripping out of control kids in the restaurants and stores! And that's not so much against the kid as it is a message to their idiot parents.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2815532;
    I never liked dealing with children, even when I was a child. But anyway about 25 years ago or so when my sisters two were little, they were at my apartment one day and the kids were getting into everything. I did nothing, my sister & hubby did nothing. Kid pulls a shelving unit down somehow, gets a nice knock on the head, sister yells at me, I said get out. end of story. no more invites.
    OK, I know I shouldn't ... but ...

I'm not laughing at the poor child...I'm laughing at your sister for yelling at YOU for basically having furniture! What was she thinking? Half the time, I don't know what parents are thinking as they obliviously put their kids in harms way...I remember being at an event where a mom had her teeny tiny little baby in one of those removable car seat things and it was teetering on a step...just as the thing was about to fall down the steps, I caught it. The mother couldn't have looked any more annoyed at me as she said, "I've got it under control." How exactly did she have it under control? Did she mean for her child to tumble down the rest of the steps?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2815547;
    gabriel, that is right up there with me tripping out of control kids in the restaurants and stores! And that's not so much against the kid as it is a message to their idiot parents.
    ooh I thought I was the only one that discreetly stuck my foot out there!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread