+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7128Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Oh mrd if you make Camp Waldo can we have two cots in the main house??!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2811792;
    Oh mrd if you make Camp Waldo can we have two cots in the main house??!!
    Heck, we'd have enough property you could have your own cabin. IF and that's a BIG if at this point for several reasons, we do buy this, we would like to eventually build. Then the modular home that's on the property would be available for my "LOST" like compound. There is also a fairly large outbuilding that is wired for electricty that my husband is salivating over for his "workshop". I know 3 acres isn't huge, but it's big enough, especially as we can only see one other house from this property. And we looked at an aerial view and there is only 3 houses including the one we looked at on almost 25 acres, so maybe some of the other property around it would become available in the future and we could add to it. Who knows. I don't know what we are going to do, but I do think that all of us would be happy out there. NO NEIGHBORS!!!!! None close anyway.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Be still my heart mrd...you're talking my language now! We have 3 years before we can move to Camp Waldo though.....have to wait for the kids to finish high school.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2811928;
    Be still my heart mrd...you're talking my language now! We have 3 years before we can move to Camp Waldo though.....have to wait for the kids to finish high school.
    Oh, no problem, it will take us that long to get the house built. I know my husband. He is going to build it himself and only contract out the work he can't do like the foundation and some of the electrical and plumbing. I bet in 3 years I still have a shell.

BTW, the high school in this district is one of the TOP schools in the area. VERY progressive. Too bad my daughter already graduated.

AND there are 2 universities within 5 and 10 miles of this place and 3 more that are about 25 miles away and about 4 more within an hours drive. This area of the state is crawling with schools. My daughter wants to go to Furman University and its only about a 10 min. drive from where this property is. She'll never leave home.

So if you have to, you can bring the kids. We'll locate them on the other side of the mountain from us. We can have a mini camp Waldo. Camp Rosie, for my daughter and your teenagers.

Mr Buglover is going to go shop for an RV mrd!! He's excited to join Camp Waldo!! hee hee
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Mr. MRD just came in and said if we do get that place, he wants to get a really good telescope.

Oh and did I mention that the master bath has a 2 person tub in it? I mean this thing is HUGE. I've seen smaller hot tubs. All it needs is a diving board.

It would be nice, but there are also some drawbacks. The biggest hinges on what the mortgage guy has to say because my husband has not got a lot of time in his present job.

We'll just have to see what happens. If it's meant to be, it will. If not, there's more places like that out there. There's a LOT of undeveloped land in this part of the county. Oh and they also call this area "The Dark Corner". Apparantly at one time this was a big moonshiners area. But there are other reasons it's called "The Dark Corner" and it borders "The Dismal Forest". Sounds kind of forboding, but its really beautiful out there. It's also, very, very close to a 200 year old stone bridge that is supposed to be haunted.

I finally made my Peanut Butter fudgy bars.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

CCL

Looks good, Amy Lee. How did they taste?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD

I have a pet peeve: Companies that want to screw with stuff. Like the flavors of candy.

I have to preface this with the fact that I have been a very good girl since the Christmas cookie blowout of 2007. I have refrained from eating quite a lot of stuff that is bad for me.

So tonight, hubby goes to get dogfood and asks if I want anything. Well the Easter candy has been out now for a couple weeks and I LOVE malted milk eggs. So I ask for a small package of those and I give additional instructions: "make sure you are careful. A lot of stuff is now disguised as malted milk eggs that really aren't. Like those Cadbury candy eggs. Don't get those". I also asked for a SMALL package.

He comes home and hands me a BIG package and says: "they did not have small packages".

I open it and this smell hits me. It smells like Fruit Stripe gum (rememeber that?). I take out an egg and tentatively bite into it and it is some nasty strawberry malted milk egg. YUCK! I look at the package and it says: "Malted Milk Eggs, now in ICE CREAM FLAVORS!!!!"

WTF??

Why? Why do we need ice cream flavored malted milk eggs? Why can't we just have the regular, old ones?

So hubby is now ticked because I snapped at him for getting the wrong kind. I'm ticked because I had my taste buds all set for some good malted milk eggs and now have some that no one here will touch.

I guess its a good thing as I didn't need a big ginormous package of them, but I know that tomorrow, I WILL be on the hunt for the regular old fashioned kind and if I can't find them, then I intend to write a letter to someone about it. Bring back the malted milk eggs. The ones we used to lick and then apply the wet candy shell like lipstick when we were kids! That is what I want!!!

Ok, rant over now.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Today, I learned that Pop Tarts come in "Milk Shake" flavor. I can't even begin to imagine, nor do I want to, what that must taste like.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread