+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5779Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2807830;
    Sunday afternoon is good for me Definitely bring the fur babies I've driven from home to Nashville (or maybe it was Memphis ) in one not-too-long day, so use that as a starting point for calculating travel time, mrd. And remember, Waldo will eventually run out of stuff to spew.
    Sunday works for me! No pets but I'm good at potluck. I don't think I'm very far away from Newf and I vacationed in Memphis one summer and drove back to Wichita in 10 hours. If everyone starts now from their respective parts of the country, you should all be here by Sunday afternoon!!

No Koffee Klatch postings for two days?

I'll kick things off - does anyone have a carpet steam cleaner? If so, what brand and what do you like/dislike about it? I'd like to get one but don't know which one to choose. I do have pets, so it's important that it can handle cleaning up pet hair. I can't afford the top of the line but would like it to perform decently.

Mr buglover picked up a bissell steam cleaner for $40 at the swap meet and it works well. It has it's own water heater but I don't know about pet hair. We vacuum with the Dyson before cleaning the carpet. The normal cost is around $350 for the machine but if you can find one in good condition at a yard sale, I'd go that route first.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Thanks buglover, I'll look around and see if I can find used first. I'm not in a particular hurry but my carpets might say otherwise .

We only hunted for one because he has accepted the building manager position and the land lady is doing walk throughs of the apts at the beginning of the month.....between the 3 teenagers, the cat, mr buglover and myself...it's a wee bit dirty!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2810341;
    No Koffee Klatch postings for two days?
    Everyone was here at my place for the party celebrating my land purchase anniversary Next year, we'll be at myrosiedog's house to celebrate Waldo Day.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I hope so Newf! I have to plan a whole year in advance to get to you guys!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2810350;
    Thanks buglover, I'll look around and see if I can find used first. I'm not in a particular hurry but my carpets might say otherwise .

I strongly suggest you look at a site called epinions.com and see which brands people have had the best experiences with. It's a great site. I have a Hoover Steamvac Widepath that does a good job. I also use Capture Carpet Cleaner (a dry cleaning method; it's a moist powder that you scrub in and vacuum out) between steam cleanings. I really love that stuff, and it does a good job! Can't say enough good things about Capture.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We usually have our carpet cleaned every couple of years and rent a steam cleaner in between. The steam cleaner runs about $20/day but does a great job. I'm always amazed at how much dog hair ends up in that thing! Home Depot has a line of cleaning products called Zep and ALL of those products are great. We get the Zep pet stain remover liquid for the steam cleaner and we have the Zep spot cleaner on hand at all times. One of our dogs had an incident last fall (and I won't go into gory details) that left our white hall carpet looking like a murder scene. I busted out the Zep spot cleaner and after a bit of scrubbing and blotting, the stains were gone. The dog ended up being fine too
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2810536;
    Everyone was here at my place for the party celebrating my land purchase anniversary Next year, we'll be at myrosiedog's house to celebrate Waldo Day.
    Yep, next year, my place. We just looked at 3 acres on the side of a mountain today with a creek (actually a trickle) and a great mountain view.
    It would be perfect. I even have the spot picked out to make a fire pit.

And I swear if we buy it, I'm putting a sign up on the fence by the road, waaayyy down the side of the mountain that says: Camp Waldo.

I've had a really, really, really, really busy few days. Have to get caught up on everything here. (see my post in good news as that has taken up most of the day today, but the weekend was busy as well. I need another weekend to relax. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread