+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5909Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2806999;
    My beard has been on fire twice I can't recommend the experience

It was 14 years ago today that I bought my little slice of heaven--50 acres of very tired wheat field. Since then, I've planted it in prairie grass, put in a wood lot, planted a 300-tree windbreak, dug a pond, built a house, and sniff buried my beloved Bjorn
    Congrats on 14 years as a landowner. 50 acres is a nice size. No neighbors close enough to have to deal with.

I have burnt my bangs so many times. When I was in college, we had a gas stove and I smoked and would never have a lighter, so was always trying to light my cigerettes off the gas stove and always leaned over and invariably singed my hair. It is not a pleasant smell.

So Newf, enquiring minds want to know how you lit your beard on fire. I have a mental picture of it in flames. Hope you weren't hurt.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I burnt my eyelashes lighting a cigarette on the stove when I was younger. Dumb move!! Happy 14th anniversary on the land Newf!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2806999;
    It was 14 years ago today that I bought my little slice of heaven--50 acres of very tired wheat field. Since then, I've planted it in prairie grass, put in a wood lot, planted a 300-tree windbreak, dug a pond, built a house, and sniff buried my beloved Bjorn
    Congratulations on your acreage anniversary!! You have done a lot with it during that time! You know that Bjorn is always with you in spirit as well.

I think you should celebrate your achievement with a big party! We could all come and bring potluck and all our animals. Is this weekend ok for you?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2807545;
    Congratulations on your acreage anniversary!! You have done a lot with it during that time! You know that Bjorn is always with you in spirit as well.

I think you should celebrate your achievement with a big party! We could all come and bring potluck and all our animals. Is this weekend ok for you?
    I was going to make Uncle David's cuban pork roast, I could bring that. Not sure how long a drive it is to Kansas from here, so I would have to endure hours of Waldo being carsick. He may have to stay home. But then you guys wouldn't want me because I KNOW you are all waiting anxiously to meet the big goof.

Sunday afternoon is good for me Definitely bring the fur babies I've driven from home to Nashville (or maybe it was Memphis ) in one not-too-long day, so use that as a starting point for calculating travel time, mrd. And remember, Waldo will eventually run out of stuff to spew.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Ah but Joey really does not like to travel. he just screams at me and whoever else will listen. Of course his grammpa talks to him and of course Joey makes it a bigger deal than it is. But anyhoo - I could make Pasta Fazool.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

How long would it take me from California?? I'm sure Princess would cry the whole way there and back but I could bring some homemade tortillas!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2807830;
    Sunday afternoon is good for me Definitely bring the fur babies I've driven from home to Nashville (or maybe it was Memphis ) in one not-too-long day, so use that as a starting point for calculating travel time, mrd. And remember, Waldo will eventually run out of stuff to spew.

It's the other end that bothers me!

Um, I "think" Nashville is about 4 or 6 hours from me. I'm 3 hours from Gatlinburg and 4 or so from Knoxville. Memphis is on the OTHER side of the state from Nashville. Makes a pretty big difference in calculating distance and you call yourself a surveyor!

I would love to see Waldo and Gustav together though. I don't think Rosie or Bogie would be very nice to Joey or the other kitties unfortunately. They think cats are their mortal enemies for some reason. I apologize for their uncouth cat behavior. They're not so hot about other dogs either.

But Pasta Fazool AND homemade tortillas. Who's getting the beer???

(how close are you to Abilene Newf? My grandmother's birthplace and I understand the family home is still standing or was about 25 years ago. would love to go look. They had the farm next to the Eisenhowers. No idea which direction "next" was though. )

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2807884;

I would love to see Waldo and Gustav together though. I don't think Rosie or Bogie would be very nice to Joey or the other kitties unfortunately. They think cats are their mortal enemies for some reason. I apologize for their uncouth cat behavior. They're not so hot about other dogs either.

Well of course Cats are their enemies - DOGS RULE! (Cats let them think that)
    I don't know how Joey would react to a dog, probably jump on me and wrap his legs around my neck or go hide somewhere... Now the deceased sister -- hmmm she would have hiss & spit in it's face.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2807903;
    Well of course Cats are their enemies - DOGS RULE! (Cats let them think that)
    I don't know how Joey would react to a dog, probably jump on me and wrap his legs around my neck or go hide somewhere... Now the deceased sister -- hmmm she would have hiss & spit in it's face.
    Waldo isn't like that though. He will chase the neighborhood ones when they run, but when they stop, he goes galloping up with his goofy face and you can hear him saying: "want to play, huh? want to? want to?"

Of course, Rosie and Bogies very first cat experience was with a cat that had just gone through Hurricane Charley, locked in the closet with its owners as the roof came off over their head. She was then shoved in a crate and brought to an unfamiliar house that had DOGS and then shut up in a spare bedroom for a week with said dogs trying to tear down the door. I can't really blame her for her reaction to them or their bad experience the first time they actually were around a cat because she was so freaked out and it in turn freaked them out.

+ Reply to Thread