+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 2548 FirstFirst ... 246465666768697071727374757677787980818283841241745741074 ... LastLast
Like Tree7204Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    New matter: Does anyone know where to go to get return address labels made, cheap. I usually use the ones I get from various charities, but ran out. Does Staples or someplace do them?

And I'm thinking of getting a small amount of business cards made as well. Nothing fancy. Just a colored card with name, e=mail, maybe ph.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.
    If you have a printer, make the address labels yourself! It's pretty easy and once you create a template you can save it and just reuse it. If you buy Avery brand, it has a step by step instruction sheet included. I have MS Word so it's very compatible with Avery labels.

You can also make your own business cards but if you want fancy coloring and such you might be better off having them done professionally. I believe most of the major supply stores do make them.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    New matter: Does anyone know where to go to get return address labels made, cheap. I usually use the ones I get from various charities, but ran out. Does Staples or someplace do them?

And I'm thinking of getting a small amount of business cards made as well. Nothing fancy. Just a colored card with name, e=mail, maybe ph.

I make my own business cards and print my own envelopes. (with return address) It's easy and can be changed at a moments notice.

ETA: Sorry, didn't see Archie's reply before I posted. If you want help with the business card let me know misskitty. I'm pretty adept at that stuff.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Address labels and business cards info...

Misskitty, I use the Avery template as well for my return address labels and it's really easy -- you just have to punch in the label # into your word template and it'll print them out pretty perfect. I've tried printing my own biz cards but I don't think they looked professional enough -- the perforated edges bothered me (but that's just me). I take them to a printer now and they turn out to be about 15 cents per card, which I think is a little pricey -- but they look really nice. (A lot nicer than the ones our company has issued for us...cheap cheap cheap!)

There's also a place online called Vistaprint (add the "dot com" after the word and it'll take you to the web site--I don't know if we're allowed to post web sites like that here) where you can get free business cards made up --something like 250 cards and you pay nothing except shipping and handling (about $5 or $6). The bad thing about these cards is there's a little writing on the back that says it was printed by the company. You have to pay a little extra if you don't want the back to say this. I've used these in the past and they were fine.

Hope this helped!

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. I do have avery labels and my older sinister did a template somewhere. However, my printer is done broke. It no worky. Ink jets all gummed up. I need a new one. So that's why I was thinking of getting them done quickly somewhere.

I may head out to Staples and see what they offer. Business cards aren't really necessary. It's just that I find I'm writing down my e-mail and phone and such on little pieces of paper and it drives me nuts.

...and GUESS WHAT? My evil twin sinister just called and is taking me up on helping me find a new dishwasher! She must be super-bored!

Or maybe it's a full mooon.... OOOOOOOooooooooo
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    the perforated edges bothered me
    I use the Avery 8871, Matte White - Clean Edge, business cards. They're really quite good. No perforation marks at all.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. I do have avery labels and my older sinister did a template somewhere. However, my printer is done broke. It no worky. Ink jets all gummed up. I need a new one. So that's why I was thinking of getting them done quickly somewhere.

I may head out to Staples and see what they offer. Business cards aren't really necessary. It's just that I find I'm writing down my e-mail and phone and such on little pieces of paper and it drives me nuts.

...and GUESS WHAT? My evil twin sinister just called and is taking me up on helping me find a new dishwasher! She must be super-bored!

Or maybe it's a full mooon.... OOOOOOOooooooooo
    Do you have a FEDEX/kinkos or some printing chain in the neighborhood?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Get a Newf, and you'll always have a reliable dish washer.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I use the Avery 8871, Matte White - Clean Edge, business cards. They're really quite good. No perforation marks at all.
    Thanks for that tip Uncle David. I'll have to remember that to try next time! I've got about 200 already from the printers, so I'm good for a while...maybe I should send them out to all my FORT friends!

p.s. UncleDavid, if they're not perforated, how do you get them off the sheet? Do you have to cut it with scissors or something?
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 08-12-2006 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Thanks for that tip Uncle David. I'll have to remember that to try next time! I've got about 200 already from the printers, so I'm good for a while...maybe I should send them out to all my FORT friends!

p.s. UncleDavid, if they're not perforated, how do you get them off the sheet? Do you have to cut it with scissors or something?
    They are not perforated as in the sense we normally think. They are kind of like sliced... Best way I could describe it
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Okay, Slight change of subject here, but I didn't wanna threadjack the "Good News" thread......

I just read about Gracie becoming a Grandma (Yay Gracie!) and it brought to mind something that I have been seeing more and more often than not lately. Almost all of my friends mom's have been insisting on NOT being referred to as "Grandma", or anything resembling it. They have all been coming up with names that have no "Grand" in them- like "Coco", etc. What do y'all think of that? I personally can't WAIT to be called Grandma! I think that it is ridiculous to resent being called Grandma or Nana when, in fact, you ARE a Grandma! How can people consider that as being a negative thing? Botox to "hide" your true age is one thing, but to balk at the term Grandma because it makes you feel old seems a little self-absorbed to me.
    Go Tigers!

+ Reply to Thread