+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5783Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I watched it tonight.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Clouds here
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2803468;
    I can understand the GPS because it sounds like a human voice. I recently went somewhere with a friend who had a guy with an English accent on her new system and he said things like, "100 yards until the roundabout" and "Turn left onto the motorway". We were cracking up.
    That is so funny! Our friend also has one, except he has his programmed to a woman's voice with an English accent. He has named her Fiona. It really is so funny when they don't quite know how to translate or say something. For example, we have farm-to-market roads all over the place, so it is very common to be going to FM 659, or FM 271. But instead of saying "FM" or even "farm-to-market," she translates it as "Federated States of Micronesia!" Too funny! I guess somewhere in her programming that is what FM stands for, and so we're always traveling to "Federated States of Micronesia 659!"
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2804819;
    I guess somewhere in her programming that is what FM stands for, and so we're always traveling to "Federated States of Micronesia 659!"
    Too funny....I would make a point of travelling those roads just to hear her say that

If anyone out there has a wood stove or fireplace and owns a drier, I hope you know about drier lint as a fire starter. I save it in a plastic bag just for this time of year and it's a life saver. It catches quickly and burns long enough to actually do some good and you can add bits of it where you need more ignition. I learned about this when I was a girl scout leader and one of the little camping projects was to put drier lint into egg carton sections with a birthday candle sticking up and then to melt wax and poor into each section. You rip one egg cup off, light the candle, and start your campfire. But you don't need all the other stuff when you're setting a fire at home, just the lint.
    I think you also added broken or shaved bits of crayon on top if you were giving it as a gift.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2805047;
    If anyone out there has a wood stove or fireplace and owns a drier, I hope you know about drier lint as a fire starter. I save it in a plastic bag just for this time of year and it's a life saver. It catches quickly and burns long enough to actually do some good and you can add bits of it where you need more ignition. I learned about this when I was a girl scout leader and one of the little camping projects was to put drier lint into egg carton sections with a birthday candle sticking up and then to melt wax and poor into each section. You rip one egg cup off, light the candle, and start your campfire. But you don't need all the other stuff when you're setting a fire at home, just the lint.
    I think you also added broken or shaved bits of crayon on top if you were giving it as a gift.

Ha, we do that because of Girl Scouts too. But it is a great firestarter and recyling too.

If you make the egg carton fire starters, use the cardboard ones and not the plastic foam ones.

Remember when the foam egg cartons first came out and people used to "sew" them together to make trashcans and lampshades? Oh my the ugliest things ever.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In Boy Scouts, they use belly-button lint

*disclaimer--I was never a Boy Scout. Actual fire-starting methods may vary
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I was going to post that Boy Scouts use the dryer lint also, but your suggestion is much better, Newfherder! So . . . exactly how many Boy Scouts does it take to get enough lint to start a fire?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2804607;
    I saw it. It was very cool!
    The reddish glow was really, really neat.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2804460;
    Hey everyone, it you get a chance check out the lunar eclipse tonight!

Wow. It just completely disappeared in a matter of minutes.
    It was at around 2 or 3 am here so I missed it , I chose to sleep instead. But it's been cloudy since yesterday so I'm guessing it was cloudy then too.

+ Reply to Thread