+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5837Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My car is named Anna Mae, in honor of the woman whose ashes were in my trunk for the first couple of weeks that I was driving her.

A former SIL had a hoopty that she called Tallulah.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Do give more details prhoshay about the ashes in the trunk...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2801054;
    Do give more details prhoshay about the ashes in the trunk...
    I bought the car from a friend at work whose entire family believes in cremation. This woman, whom I had met several years prior (and I knew she had died), had been married to the man who owned the car before me. He was very old, and drove very little due to his medical problems. Well, Uncle Bill died, and my friend went down to take care of business. My other car was acting up, so my friend offered to let me drive the Maxima. I knew that Uncle Bill had been cremated and they were waiting on his ashes to be shipped. I asked, "Where's Anna Mae?" She said, "In the back of that car you've been driving around!" I flipped out!! I took a friend with me and went to check out the trunk, and there she was...in a black plastic box. My friend got a cussing that day!

To this day, I don't know if Anna Mae and Bill have made it to their final resting place. The last I heard, they were on a shelf in the living room.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh my gosh. I think I remember when you posted that story. I just don't remember what thread.

We have named our cars and GPS's after their discription. My husbands old blue truck is called Old Blue. I had a huge 1980's for elite that we called The Yacht. We had a huge old station wagon that my brother dubbed the Exxon Valdez. It was just as big as a ship and leaked as much oil.

My first GPS was the basic yellow garmin etrex and the popular nickname for it is Old Yeller. Thats what we called it. Then I got a blue garmin etrex legend. We call it The Piece of Crap. I hate that GPS but thats another thread.:wink

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2801203;
    Oh my gosh. I think I remember when you posted that story. I just don't remember what thread.
    This one, in 2006!! Had I thought about it, I just could have done a "Quote" and been done with it!

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch to MYROSIEDOG

What A GREAT Valentine! I am just sorry that I was not able to get it before today! From the bottom of my heart & Tummy and Joeys Tummy - Thank You!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I named one car. My first car was Effie. I don't know why, but it fit. We also had a VW Bug that my mom called Harold.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2801040;
    I don't name my car (other than cussing it out occasionally) but my S.O. named his GPS "Betty" since its a female voice!
    Friends of mine named theirs "Hermione" because she knows everything!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

I've never named a car, but I know a lot of people that do. I call my car the "flesh mobile" because its a weird shade of tan that looks more flesh colored than tan.

We call my husband's truck the rolling trash dumpster.

The ashes story is weird, but funny.

And Gabriel, glad you and Joey enjoyed the Valentine

----------------------------------------------
    I just got in from a meeting earlier and since I got home, I have smelled a weird/bad smell. No one but me can smell it. But it smells horrible. I have been all over the house looking for evidence of dog problems, but find none. Yet, it smells kind of sour/sharp/almost like bad citrus.
    ARGH, I hate this as I can't stop smelling it. And I can't find the source. The household thinks I'm crazy. Could be. But I hate when I smell bad stuff. UGH.
    Last edited by MRD; 02-19-2008 at 02:37 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2801079;
    I bought the car from a friend at work whose entire family believes in cremation. This woman, whom I had met several years prior (and I knew she had died), had been married to the man who owned the car before me. He was very old, and drove very little due to his medical problems. Well, Uncle Bill died, and my friend went down to take care of business. My other car was acting up, so my friend offered to let me drive the Maxima. I knew that Uncle Bill had been cremated and they were waiting on his ashes to be shipped. I asked, "Where's Anna Mae?" She said, "In the back of that car you've been driving around!" I flipped out!! I took a friend with me and went to check out the trunk, and there she was...in a black plastic box. My friend got a cussing that day!

To this day, I don't know if Anna Mae and Bill have made it to their final resting place. The last I heard, they were on a shelf in the living room.

I think this story is hilarious!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread