+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gut - Best of luck with the new car. I hope you have many years of driving safely.

MRD

So glad things worked out and you have a sporty new car. I bet you look great driving that black car around.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2800876;
    I went right out and bought another foam/gel steering wheel cover because I tend to grip the wheel when I'm tense and the hard wheel was freaking me out a little.
    I have something similar on my steering wheel for the same reason!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2800887;
    I have something similar on my steering wheel for the same reason!
    Me too, its called the horn.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I love everybody here. I just wanted to say that. I went out this morning and there were muddy cat paw prints all over Yvette (yeah, tell me you don't name your car - and Yvette is because she reminde me of my dad's corvette and "y" means "and" in Spanish and this is my 2nd Tiburon... well it all makes sense in my mind! ). So she's officially part of the family now.
    Count your blessings!

I've never named a car
    Last edited by Newfherder; 02-19-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: changed emoticon
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2800023;
    Miss Kitty, I understand a lot of Canadians are again flocking to Florida because they can get housing cheaply there again...There have been instances were people qualified for mortgages that were 3/4 of their monthly income. No way would I have ever gotten into a mortgage that was that expensive because we could see foreclosure on the horizen for us if we had chosen to get into that kind of situation.
    People, everywhere, need a wake-up call that you can't live on credit forever, living beyond your means does come back at some point, and to think before they sign anything. I think the Government is somewhat at fault for allowing the mortgage companies to sign so many people on at such ridiculous terms.

Gutmutter: Ooooo. A shiny new black Tiberon....verrrrry nice! Enjoy your outings with Yvette!!

Newf: I call my car my little blue buggy...she's a girl car too! Trucks are usually boys, just fyi.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Nope, I don't name my car either. It's just "the Jeep". And my husband's is just "the truck". I thought it was mostly men who named their cars.

Hubby actually named my car. I had a saturn vue for several years, got it in 2003, when they first came out I think. It was a V8 but never felt like it.
    got a new one in 2007 (children!!!), and they greatly improved the engine.
    first time hubby and I were on a road trip and had to pass someone - WOW!! the takeoff was amazing. So he called her Herbette - like the LoveBug. Much improved engine.
    I don't name my cars.
    and I am so glad I got it last year, 2008 they completely remodeled the look and I don't like it at all anymore. I like my boxy little SUV. The improvement to the engine was quite amazing. The improvement to the body - yuck. just trying to look like everyone else now.

now, our GPS has always had a name. Giz was the first one (gizmo), Giz2 was the second. Hubby just got a new one and it is Giz-zilla. He even made up a start up icon of the godzilla body with the gps icon on the top for the head.
    (hubby is weird.....)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I don't name my car (other than cussing it out occasionally) but my S.O. named his GPS "Betty" since its a female voice!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread