+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6462Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Miss Kitty, I understand a lot of Canadians are again flocking to Florida because they can get housing cheaply there again.
    The mortgage crisis is affecting all areas of the country, but seems like California and Florida are getting hit the hardest as these areas saw artificial inflation to housing prices earlier in the decade and now the hens are coming home to roost there unfortunately for a lot of people.

We looked at a house in Florida in 2004. The loan we qualified for was mindblowing. The monthly payments were over HALF what our monthly income was. We choose NOT to buy the house because we knew we could not afford to keep up with a payment like that and have enough money to pay for things like gas and groceries and electricity.
    There have been instances were people qualified for mortgages that were 3/4 of their monthly income. No way would I have ever gotten into a mortgage that was that expensive because we could see foreclosure on the horizen for us if we had chosen to get into that kind of situation.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Congratulations on the new car Gutmutter! I'm glad you were able to work something out that you can afford and that you're now driving safely in something that's covered under a new car warranty. Enjoy it while it's new!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Gutmutter, I'm so glad that you got your new car and that you're happy with the deal you got. Congratulations and have fun driving it around! I hope you find a cell phone deal that makes you just as happy!

Gutmutter, congrats on the new car! Tell us all about it - the color, etc. I've never heard of your model before so I just googled it and wow! What a fun, sporty looking car.

sniff, sniff. Do you guys smell that? It's the new car smell coming from Gutmutter's posts. Congratulations, Gutmutter! I like the new Tiburons they are very cute.

And it is so sad how many people took on mortgages that were WAY out of their budget. I think a lot of the blame lies with the mortgage companies/banks for practically shoving money at anyone who wanted a loan.

Congratulations, Gutmutter--like Misskitty, the first thing I wondered was, what color? And I'm glad you got it home in the fog with no trouble.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Way to go on getting a new car Gut!! Sometimes that's just the best thing to do and having a new car is such a wonderful feeling!

Add me to the new car sniffers Gutmutter- Congratulations.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks! It's black and reminds me a lot of my dad's '62 corvette convertible (mine's not a convertible, but he had a hard top for the winter). His had a red interior which I saw on the Tiburon in the showroom last year, but this one's black. The best thing is the familiarity. I went through a lot of anxiety yesterday because, while I'm well read and informed in any number of areas, cars just aren't one of them. I went right out and bought another foam/gel steering wheel cover because I tend to grip the wheel when I'm tense and the hard wheel was freaking me out a little.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2800876;
    Thanks! It's black and reminds me a lot of my dad's '62 corvette convertible (mine's not a convertible, but he had a hard top for the winter). His had a red interior which I saw on the Tiburon in the showroom last year, but this one's black. The best thing is the familiarity. I went through a lot of anxiety yesterday because, while I'm well read and informed in any number of areas, cars just aren't one of them. I went right out and bought another foam/gel steering wheel cover because I tend to grip the wheel when I'm tense and the hard wheel was freaking me out a little.
    Yeah for Gutmutter! Sounds like it all went smoothly and black is my next car color choice. So I approve.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread