+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4475Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2799565;
    That's 9 a.m. and I like the "go Gut!" as long as you're pronouncing it like "loot" and not like a flabby tummy .
    How about a translation instead?

Go "Good Mother"!!! Go "Good Mother"!!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yikes! I just watched a newsclip about home foreclosures in my area. There was a locksmith that was cutting a lock off a house; he was accompanied by the sheriff's department. Once the lock fell off, he ran away, and the deputy sheriffs entered with their hands on their weapons, yelling "Sheriff's Department!" That was painful to watch...even if the people living there were thought to be there beyond a reasonable time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Just touching base to say thanks to the cheering section. I got my new Tiburon for trade in of the old one and only a little more a month than the old payment which I can budget in. It felt good driving home with the familiar knobs and buttons and no worries. I did business with a salesman I really like so there was no pressure there. I did my homework as folks here suggested and don't know if I had tried to knuckle them down, if it would have gone any lower, but I'm happy. The weather was pea soup fog for most of the ride there and back, so that was a little unnerving, and I was sad to say goodbye to my faithful "Tiburonito" but the time was right. Whew!
    Count your blessings!

Congrats gut! So when are you going cellphone shopping? I'm with everyone else that having one for emergencies would be a very good idea. You don't have to give your number to more than a handful of people but you can always use it to call out.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Thanks. I'm thinking of looking into those pay-as-you-go ones like I used to have. I don't need bells and whistles, just an emergency back-up.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2799815;
    Just touching base to say thanks to the cheering section. I got my new Tiburon for trade in of the old one and only a little more a month than the old payment which I can budget in. It felt good driving home with the familiar knobs and buttons and no worries. I did business with a salesman I really like so there was no pressure there. I did my homework as folks here suggested and don't know if I had tried to knuckle them down, if it would have gone any lower, but I'm happy. The weather was pea soup fog for most of the ride there and back, so that was a little unnerving, and I was sad to say goodbye to my faithful "Tiburonito" but the time was right. Whew!
    Great news! I am glad it worked out for you.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

MRD

Congratulations gutmutter on the new car. I'm sure that is now a load off your mind.

Prhoshay, the foreclosure thing is scary all over the country. I just read where home arson has gone up due to the foreclosure business. People are burning down their homes trying to get the insurance money to stay out of foreclosure.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I remember when we had really bad flooding here, with houses washed into the river. Saw a house in the middle of the river on fire! Interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That's why I add my mortgage, heating oil and car payment, divide in half and then automatically deduct from the paycheck when it comes. It never even makes it to the deposit line of my chckbook. Then when I have to write those checks I don't even have to worry about it. Everything else can be scrimped and cut, but not those.
    Count your blessings!

HAPPY FAMILY DAY to my fellow Albertans!! This is a long weekend and today is a day off with pay....mainly because February is so depressing they invented this holiday to cheer everyone up. Literally. Have fun with your families!!
    --------------------

Gutmutter: Congrats on your new car!! You missed telling us one of the most important things....what color is it!???!

myrosiedog and prhoshay: We have been watching your unfortunate real estate foreclosures up here too. Very sad and very scary. Many people are picking up prime properties for a song because they are able to hold onto them as investments and make a lot of money.

My neighbors are now considering moving to California because the market is so incredible. Most of her family lives here and it wasn't possible before. Now, they are certain they could get a great house and get jobs without much problem. They have their green cards and will check it out this year. They will keep their house here and rent it, just in case something doesn't work out.

I guess there are a lot of Canadian Snowbirds who are considering buying in their favorite winter resort places as well.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread