+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 236364656667686970717273747576777879808182831231735731073 ... LastLast
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I have long suspected that my husband, a fairly smart man most times sufferes from bouts of rectal-cranial disease and this move has definetly proved it. (Rectal-cranial disease is more commonly known as head up the butt syndrome).
    Hmmmmm, I think I may have recalled my wife mentioning I suffer from something like that.....luckily i can't remember!!! Now what was I supposed to do today.....I think it involved beer.....yeah that was it, pick up beer from the store, I'm sure of it.........
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    I'm going to change the topic completely...

I discovered last weekend that I had a gift certificate in a clothing store that expired this Sunday. So I had to drag myself to the store and force myself to buy something (the hardships ). It was the end of sale so I got both one bolero and a shirt, something I would never have bought without the certificate. So it was good that I discovered it. (How annoying would it have been if I had found it on Monday, the day after the expiration?)
    NICE! Nothing worse than finding an out-of-date, good coupon. I'm glad you got to the store on time!!! I mean think of the money you WOULDN'T have saved if you haden't gone! You are much further ahead in the long run!

And I wonder why my wife is always trying to steal and lock away my visa....
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    It's a good idea to take dangerous things out of the reach of children? That would be my guess.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It's a good idea to take dangerous things out of the reach of children? That would be my guess.

prhoshay.......1
    Sun84...........0
    Last edited by Muduh; 08-11-2006 at 03:54 PM.

Ah, I see you must suffer from it occasionally too.
    I plead the Fifth
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD
    OMG, this job is bigger than it looked and has anyone that said they were going to help come to help? NO, but a friend did bring us dinner.

As you an see, I still have computer service, so we haven't even gotten to the electronics yet.

I am beat and hubby says we are leaving as planned if he has to stay up all night. Oh nice. I actually think the rectal-cranial disease has progressed to the point where his head my actually come back out his neck again. We need House!

There cannot be a box left in North Port. I have been dumpster diving several times today and just when we think we have enough, NO, have to go get more. What's more is that I have been packing all week and I really didn't think we had that much. But I have some very old, very fragile stuff that has to be packed carefully. Thank goodness its packed as at this point I am thowing stuff in boxes willy nilly.

But we've also cleaned as we've gone and that has been a chore. Geez, did not realize how dirty we are. I mean, when you move the furniture, yuck! And we've only been in this house 18 months.

The bad part about the cleaning is we are on a well and it doesn't matter how treated you do the water, the sinks, showers and tubs are all crudded up with the mineral deposits.

We have a $1200 security deposit and we want it all back, so we are definetly cleaning. Besides, we've always left houses better than what we moved into and I will not leave this one dirty. Mainly because I want my money back.

I would give anything to be on the beach or a beach bar sipping a margarita about now. I keep thinking, this time next week it will all be over. It's like a mantra.

The best news so far: While today's high was 94 with a heat index of 99, the high in Greenville tomorrow is expected to be 79 with lower humidity.
    YES!

OK, break over, back to the boxes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    We have a $1200 security deposit and we want it all back, so we are definetly cleaning. Besides, we've always left houses better than what we moved into and I will not leave this one dirty. Mainly because I want my money back.
    You're better than any of the tenants my poor parents had to deal with at their little apartment building they had for a while. My parents are such soft touches they let their tenants get away with murder, and instead of being grateful these rotten people just took advantage of my folks. They wouldn't pay the last month's rent and would say to use their security deposit for that...and then they'd either trash the place when they left or leave it so filthy they may as well have trashed it. You're a good egg, myrosiedog! I'm sure you'll get your full security deposit back! Can't wait to hear what your new place is like! We'll miss you while you're away from your computer...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Sounds like it may have been worth it to call Merry Maids, or professional packers. I came out of a small townhouse moving into a house, and I was shocked how much crapola I had accumulated. And then came the cleaning...good grief!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

New matter: Does anyone know where to go to get return address labels made, cheap. I usually use the ones I get from various charities, but ran out. Does Staples or someplace do them?

And I'm thinking of getting a small amount of business cards made as well. Nothing fancy. Just a colored card with name, e=mail, maybe ph.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Sounds like it may have been worth it to call Merry Maids, or professional packers. I came out of a small townhouse moving into a house, and I was shocked how much crapola I had accumulated. And then came the cleaning...good grief!
    Yeah, that would have been nice. Unfortunately dont' have the money for either. This is a move on a tight budget.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread