+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2797804;
    I believe they say the words in the program on the computer for proper pronunciation mrd.
    Thanks. I've been doing some research on it today. I think I might try to find one on ebay. They are fairly expensive, but still cheaper than a college language course.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sorry to hear of everyone's troubles. I hope things get better for you.

I would love to learn another language from home. Is Hooked on Phonics for adults too? If I could learn it while I sleep, that would be even better! Stellar in fact!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm sure Hooked on Phonics is for anyone who may need it. I've been thinking about getting into adult literacy, but I'm still dealing with the kiddies for now. I do know that my public library has Hooked on Phonics that can be checked out. For now, one of the teachers at the center has loaned me hers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I need advice and opinions. This is where I have to grovel because last time I asked, I had already made up my mind but this time I'm truly on the fence. I have a little silver Hyundai Tiburon. It is 5 years old and still under warrenty but a lot of little things are starting to go. It is due for an expensive routine maintenance and the tires are 3 different brands at this point. The rear defrosters don't work and the driver's door doesn't lock. I suspect the axel/brakes because there are crunching, grinding sounds I don't want to think about. Something plasic broke off the bottom when I drove through some ruts this week. A little rust is starting here and there. There is a good deal this weekend on a new one. I love the car and wouldn't want to start looking at other makes or models. I know nothing about cars and I'm familiar and happy with the Tiburon. So the question is, do I go and try to get a new one with a similar loan payment (the original loan will be paid in October) and no worries or do I gamble that things won't fall apart beyond what I can afford? I already looked up the blue book value for resale and it should cover any down payment. I'm really, really clueless about cars and I don't have a cell phone so I worry about breaking down.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 02-17-2008 at 06:41 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, I'm probably not the best person to give advice on this but I will anyway . I love new cars so I'd go with the idea of at least seeing what a new payment would be. If yours is starting to have issues that could become costly it's better to get something you feel safer in. I'd trade mine in but it's paid for now and my husband wants to wait a while. Plus there's not really anything wrong with mine. I do like not having car payments but there's something intoxicating about that new car smell and a newer model. Our son's truck started needing repairs that cost about $1000 each time so we just got him a car over Christmas time. It's a 2007 but it's not brand new and is a Kia Optima. They don't have good resale value but the price was good, it's under warranty, and has everything he needs.

Gutmutter, you had better worry about the crunching/grinding NOW. We want you alive around here!

I do know you're kind of in the same situation as me, being single and going everywhere alone. That would make make lean toward going ahead and replacing the car if you can afford it with no problems.. I know it probably is still good for a long time yet, but I don't like driving something that's giving me problems knowing I could be stranded with no one to come get me.

If you do decide to keep the old car, ask around for a reliable licensed mechanic that is not the dealer--those required maintenance items are grossly overpriced at the dealers! (my mechanic does them for around half the price, because many of those items are nothing more than inspections!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Good to know! I'm going in tomorrow morning to see if it is even something possible, but I would really like to have as much advice as I can before I go.
    Count your blessings!

and just to make us feel better - if you keep the old one - maybe get a cell phone.

I second the cell phone, Gut. I finally talked my mom into one and the family joke is that she never has it on! That's fine, but I know it is in her purse if she needs it and she has an absolutely basic plan.

I also would check into the payment on a new model. Sounds like alot of things are starting to fall apart on you - and that isn't cool. If it is something you can reasonably afford - the peace of mind is priceless.

I agree, if you decide to keep what you have, you need a cell phone.

+ Reply to Thread